What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (12 Viewers)

But we do a live in-person draft and I don't want to sit there trying to make deals and make it last an extra hour for everyone, haha.
This is the biggest benefit of slow on-line drafts.....the ability to work deals.

In my live dynasty draft we do have mid-draft trades but usually it is due to a specific draft pick situation (too many picks, or desperately needing a pick). We have a 25 round draft as it is full IDP, rookie, and due to salary cap we only keep 15 players so a lot of room to maneuver.
Yeah, my local IDP 12-team league is redraft and we don’t allow for mid-draft trades. It’s 26 rounds and already takes 6.5 hours. Plus breaks.

We’d be here all weekend if we let folks trade during the draft.

In theory we could just say, “ok 2 mins on the clock. Pick or trade GO!” But that would be chaos.

Slow draft format is perfect for trading. 3 hour clock, clock paused 9 PM - 6 AM

In theory we could just say, “ok 2 mins on the clock. Pick or trade GO!” But that would be chaos.
This is the way it has to be done. The pick clock doesn't stop or restart. If you want to trade it has to be done in that time frame. You can add a minute if there is trade negotiating happening but it has to be clearly a legit trade discussion to do so.
Yeah, even then. 26 rounds x 12 idiots + alcohol x 2 min = 624 mins without breaks. That’s almost 11 hours if everyone took all their time. They usually don’t, but the longer the draft (and emptier the keg) the harder it is to keep people on schedule in a live draft.

The prospect of adding minutes is not desirable. Let people make their trades after the draft.

Yeah, even then. 26 rounds x 12 idiots + alcohol x 2 min = 624 mins without breaks. That’s almost 11 hours if everyone took all their time. They usually don’t, but the longer the draft (and emptier the keg) the harder it is to keep people on schedule in a live draft.

The prospect of adding minutes is not desirable. Let people make their trades after the draft.
I love the draft. i don't mind a long draft. This wouldn't be an issue for me at all as it's the best day of the year..haha

ETA: My dynasty, full IDP league's draft is 25 rounds (12 teams) and includes an auction before the start of the draft. Players acquired in the auction do count as your draft picks starting in round 5 and moving back to round 1. It's a long draft but we know ahead of time and it's great.

1 qb, full ppr 10 teams

Got offered the 1.1 for my Kelce, Kirk, DJ Moore, and my 2.10. I have McBride, and Pitts, not worried about giving up Kelce at this stage of his career.
CeeDee, Aiyuk, G. Wilson, Dell, Addison, Ridley....so i'm pretty deep at wr as well.

I would take Harrison with the pick. I think its an overpay.

What do you guys think?

1 qb, full ppr 10 teams

Got offered the 1.1 for my Kelce, Kirk, DJ Moore, and my 2.10. I have McBride, and Pitts, not worried about giving up Kelce at this stage of his career.
CeeDee, Aiyuk, G. Wilson, Dell, Addison, Ridley....so i'm pretty deep at wr as well.

What do you guys think?
Hard for me to judge 10-team leagues, but you’re giving up a lot for Harrison. Kelce+DJM should be enough in that format, IMO.

1 qb, full ppr 10 teams

What do you guys think?
Hard for me to judge 10-team leagues, but you’re giving up a lot for Harrison. Kelce+DJM should be enough in that format, IMO.

I agree. Trading is difficult in this league. Always an overpay, which i'm fine with to a certain extent. I'd have no problem throwing one of Kirk, or the 2.10 in.....but not both.

Thanks for the input.

Slow rookie drafts are so great for encouraging trades during the draft. And the fun draft experience last a week or slightly more instead of just a few hours. Lots of time to mull things over, wheel and deal, etc. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

(Live REDRAFT drafts are awesome, of course)

Slow rookie drafts are so great for encouraging trades during the draft. And the fun draft experience last a week or slightly more instead of just a few hours. Lots of time to mull things over, wheel and deal, etc. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

(Live REDRAFT drafts are awesome, of course)
For some reason I love the artificial stress induced by throwing offers out and finally working out a deal during the slow drafts. It is exciting for sure to go up and get your guy, even if it’s the 5th round…in IDP this could actually end up being a viable player - heck, I traded into the 5th to get Puka last year!

But yeah - live drafts are a blast too. They’re just such different experiences.

1 qb, full ppr 10 teams

What do you guys think?

I agree. Trading is difficult in this league. Always an overpay, which i'm fine with to a certain extent. I'd have no problem throwing one of Kirk, or the 2.10 in.....but not both.

Thanks for the input.
I do it for the chance to get MHJ. The trade doesn't hurt you at all unless you have some large starting requirements but even then you have a studly WR group that will only be getting a potential young stud added to it.

1 qb, full ppr 10 teams

What do you guys think?
5 quarters for a gold dollar. On the surface it looks like an overpay, but in 10 team leagues you NEED studs. None of those you're giving are studs (except for an aging Kelce). MHJ is as much of a potential stud as we've seen for a while. I'd make that trade given your roster.

5 quarters for a gold dollar. On the surface it looks like an overpay, but in 10 team leagues you NEED studs. None of those you're giving are studs (except for an aging Kelce). MHJ is as much of a potential stud as we've seen for a while. I'd make that trade given your roster.
I would argue that DJM is more than a quarter. Possibly more than Kelce at this age. But overall I agree with you.

My only weakness is rb. I’m hoping one of the top two falls to me with my 1.10, or try to grab value with my 3.9, 3.10.

However, we have a somewhat unique lineup, so my lack of rb’s don’t hurt me as much.

1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 3flex. I can start 6wr, which I normally have done.

Harrison’s potential as a top guy would only help me there. Appreciate all the input!

Harrison’s potential as a top guy would only help me there. Appreciate all the input!
Yeah, definitely try to get Harrison. With your roster/league size I have no issues with that.
We are still negotiating, I’ll get him to add a 3rd, or a 4th 🤣.

Anyway, long time football guy subscriber, long time lurker of the shark pool, just never post. Very much appreciate the input!!

Rookie draft for 14 team PPR, start 1 QB league started last Friday. A couple of owners were going to have limited availability over the weekend and this week but there wasn't any better time to reschedule so we went ahead as scheduled. One of the owners who was going to have limited availability posted on Friday night that he was interested in trading as many of this year's picks as he could for 2025 picks. No other owners seemed to be taking him up on his offer so I ended up doing this trade with him:

• Team A gave up Year 2024 Draft Pick 1.09; Year 2024 Draft Pick 2.04; Year 2024 Draft Pick 2.09; Year 2024 Draft Pick 3.07
  • I gave up Year 2024 Draft Pick 3.08; Year 2025 Round 1 Draft Pick; Year 2025 Round 2 Draft Pick; Year 2025 Round 3 Draft Pick
I used pick 1.09 on Brooks and traded pick 2.04 and Godwin for Pittman.

Later in the draft I traded Jake Ferguson, Roman Wilson (pick 2.09) and my 2025 4th round pick for another team's 2025 1st and 2nd round picks and Kadarius Toney (other team's drop).

Net result:

I gave up Ferguson, Godwin, 2024 pick 3.08, and 2025 picks in rounds 3 and 4.

I added Brooks, Pittman, Kimani Vidal, and Toney.

Last edited:
Y
Anyway, long time football guy subscriber, long time lurker of the shark pool, just never post. Very much appreciate the input!!
You should post more - even in disagreements, info can be gleaned and better decisions made. We’re stronger collectively than any one of us on our own. :hifive:
I should, I spend 2-3 hours a day reading it…soaking up information. Like you said, even in disagreement, we’re better off with as much information as possible.

1 qb, full ppr 10 teams

What do you guys think?
I don't think I mind paying that to get an instant 2nd tier dynasty asset. I think if you looked at this from a startup equity perspective you come out ahead nicely. Moore is good and will hurt to give up but I think his ceiling with the other mouths to feed is now solidly a good wr2.

Rookie draft for 14 team PPR, start 1 QB league started last Friday. A couple of owners were going to have limited availability over the weekend and this week but there wasn't any better time to reschedule so we went ahead as scheduled. One of the owners who was going to have limited availability posted on Friday night that he was interested in trading as many of this year's picks as he could for 2025 picks. No other owners seemed to be taking him up on his offer so I ended up doing this trade with him:

• Team A gave up Year 2024 Draft Pick 1.09; Year 2024 Draft Pick 2.04; Year 2024 Draft Pick 2.09; Year 2024 Draft Pick 3.07
  • I gave up Year 2024 Draft Pick 3.08; Year 2025 Round 1 Draft Pick; Year 2025 Round 2 Draft Pick; Year 2025 Round 3 Draft Pick
I used pick 1.09 on Bowers and traded pick 2.04 and Godwin for Pittman.

Later in the draft I traded Jake Ferguson, Roman Wilson (pick 2.09) and my 2025 4th round pick for another team's 2025 1st and 2nd round picks and Kadarius Toney (other team's drop).

Net result:

I added Bowers, Pittman, Kimani Vidal, and Toney.
That’s a heck of a return for what you gave up.

A little shocked to see Bowers slide to 1.09 in a 14 team league. Even assuming it’s not TE-P, that still seems late. Pitts went 1.08 (me) in a 12-team non-TE-P in his rookie season.

I’d say you did remarkably well adding 3 good players to your team. And Toney. lol

Yeah, definitely try to get Harrison. With your roster/league size I have no issues with

1 qb, full ppr 10 teams

What do you guys think?
I don't think I mind paying that to get an instant 2nd tier dynasty asset. I think if you looked at this from a startup equity perspective you come out ahead nicely. Moore is good and will hurt to give up but I think his ceiling with the other mouths to feed is now solidly a good wr2.
Very good point. I countered with him adding 4.1, and he accepted.

Net result:

A little shocked to see Bowers slide to 1.09 in a 14 team league. Even assuming it’s not TE-P, that still seems late. Pitts went 1.08 (me) in a 12-team non-TE-P in his rookie season.

I’d say you did remarkably well adding 3 good players to your team. And Toney. lol

Well I just checked to see why Bowers lasted so long and realized that I actually got him with my own pick at 1.12 and used pick 1.09 on Brooks. This is how the picks went before I got Bowers:

Net result:

Well I just checked to see why Bowers lasted so long and realized that I actually got him with my own pick at 1.12 and used pick 1.09 on Brooks. This is how the picks went before I got Bowers:

12 seems crazy late. Nice job. What’s the TE scoring? Just PPR like the rest?

1 qb, full ppr 10 teams

What do you guys think?
I would do it. With your WR core, you will not miss DJM or Kirk. You're stacked at TE. In a 10 team league, studs win.

ETA: Nice job 👍🏼

Net result:

He went 1.12 in a non TE-P draft I posted in the other thread. At that point I was trying to trade up from 2.4 to get him just because of the value even though I already own LaPorta.

Yeah, definitely try to get Harrison. With your roster/league size I have no issues with that.
We are still negotiating, I’ll get him to add a 3rd, or a 4th 🤣.

Stop haggling over a 3rd, take the deal. 10 team league, has to be a decent waiver wire for you. I'd jump on it and snag harrsion

Net result:

He went 1.12 in a non TE-P draft I posted in the other thread. At that point I was trying to trade up from 2.4 to get him just because of the value even though I already own LaPorta.
Yeah, even in non TE-P I think he’s no worse than the 7th player on the board.

Again, I traded into the Pitts rookie draft to get him at 8, and IIRC his ADP was 6 or 7 that year in non TE-P.

Net result:

Yes everyone is 1 PPR. I think this league tends to draft more out of need than BPA, at leasat 1 owner ahead of me told me that they thought about Bowers but felt they needed help at WR more than TE. With Ferguson and Hockenson I wasn't looking for a TE and expected Bowers to be gone before pick 9. I was lacking depth at RB and thought I would pick Benson or Brooks at 12 but when Benson went at 8 I decided to grab Brooks at 9. My only QB was Herbert so I thought I might be drafting Daniels at 12 after making the Brooks pick but then the guy who took Caleb also took Daniels at 10 (he's always been an unconventional drafter) and Bowers fell to me at 12. That's when I decided I would try to trade Ferguson to recoup a 1st or 2nd round pick next year.

12 team PPR 1.5 TE IDP 1 QB (not involved)

Kamara
D Hopkins
Wicks
K Herbert
2025 5th
for
2025 1st (1.02 this year)
2025 2nd
JK Dobbins
Josh Downs

Users who are viewing this thread