What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official - 2024 Major League Baseball Thread - Mahomes is Better At Baseball Than Jose Abreu*** (5 Viewers)

Cowser is a monster
Yeah, for all the hype surrounding Holliday, Cowser has been on fire. He was also a first round draft pick, it's good to be an Orioles fan.
I'm leaving the White Sox. I have applications in with Baltimore and KC right now to join them. Seattle is also under consideration.
Join the Baltimore party. We have more young talent in the minor leagues than we know what to do with.

With Holliday up for the O’s, wonder when Nats will do the same for James Wood. Showed out in the spring. Two HR’s last night — currently batting .441 and leading AAA in OPS. Nats are further from competing than the O’s though.

If they gain the year in a couple of days, maybe he’ll be up by next weekend when the Astros come to town.

Last edited:
After yesterday’s screwup David Hamilton comes out in the 1st . The Red Sox are starting an embarrassingly bad infield tonight. Sad.

I'm not trashing the kid at all. I'm just asking a question I don't know the answer too. Do young guys like that called up early normally strikeout as much?

Again he's 20 and just called up in general how long is the "learning curve" for a kid like that. I've been out of baseball for quite sometime

I'm not trashing the kid at all. I'm just asking a question I don't know the answer too. Do young guys like that called up early normally strikeout as much?

Again he's 20 and just called up in general how long is the "learning curve" for a kid like that. I've been out of baseball for quite sometime

I don't know who you're referring to but baseball has become an all or nothing, swing for the fences type game. The stat geeks encourage it even as the strikeouts mount. Pete Incagvilia really was ahead of his time.

I don't know who you're referring to but baseball has become an all or nothing, swing for the fences type game. The stat geeks encourage it even as the strikeouts mount. Pete Incagvilia really was ahead of his time.
Sorry thought it was obvious I was asking about Holliday as an example

It's a huge transition playing high school just two years Ago in front of 100 people, then zipping thru rookie ball, low A high A AA and triple A playing in front of maybe 500-1000 people in Norfolk

And all of a sudden yer in Fenway.

Kid is a baller......he will come around. Baseball is freaking hard. He has not seen this kind of pitching in his life and he looks a little overmatched right now. He will get at least another 15-20 AB's and go from there.

Look at Volpe 2024 compared to 2023.

The guy his hitting for contact now vs power and his career is lifting off. Holiday is uber talented.

He will figure it out really soon.

maybe 500-1000 people in Norfolk
I'm guessing a little hyperbole there but the Tides average attendance is almost as much as the A's. Pales in comparison to real MLB teams but I don't think it matters if it's 500 or 50000 people. It's an adjustment and he'll be fine for sure.

We have the technology and surely it'll be there soon. Maybe Hernandez is an investor in ABS and is trying to ensure it gets there. ;)

@ChiefD WTH is going on in KC? The bats are laying the wood (literally).
I have no idea.

If it lasts watch out for the Royals. This team just has a feel right now. Good enough starting pitching. Capable offense. The bullpen is a bit scattered right now but our manager is handling them pretty good.

We will see but usually the Royals get buried in April and May. If they come through those two months around .500 or maybe a little higher they have a chance at a wild card.

Ok so I know none of you will believe me but my name isn’t actually Fred and I’m the guy that caught McCutchen’s 300th HR today. There is at least one FBG on here who could verify that. One of the best and most insane days of my life and I got to experience it with my 9 year old son!
Hell yea! Congrats!!!

Ok so I know none of you will believe me but my name isn’t actually Fred and I’m the guy that caught McCutchen’s 300th HR today. There is at least one FBG on here who could verify that. One of the best and most insane days of my life and I got to experience it with my 9 year old son!
I hope they threw beer on you ..... ;)

Awesome

Huh, you look like a Fred. 😀

That’s so awesome for you and your soon. He’ll never forget that. Congrats!

Link
That's so great!!!! That's the magic of baseball right there.

All class from all parties involved. Loved seeing that!

Awesome
The fans were so awesome to us all game. When I caught that ball, they booed the heck out of me when I refused to throw it back. I just stood up, pointed to my shirt and yelled “that isn’t happening!”. At that point I had no idea that it was # 300. Then next thing I know we are being whisked away by security and taking pics/videos with Cutch and the other Pirates. This will be a day that Toren never forgets!

Awesome
The fans were so awesome to us all game. When I caught that ball, they booed the heck out of me when I refused to throw it back. I just stood up, pointed to my shirt and yelled “that isn’t happening!”. At that point I had no idea that it was # 300. Then next thing I know we are being whisked away by security and taking pics/videos with Cutch and the other Pirates. This will be a day that Toren never forgets!
As a Phillies fan - I think thats the dumbest thing ever that they do. 1) we stole it from the Cubs. 2) I just caught a homerun. I don't give a crap who hit it ..... im giving it to my kid.

So awesome

ETA: I completely forgot he played here for 3 years :lol: :bag:

That’ll teach him: Tigers’ infielder McKinstry makes an error with the bases loaded in the top of the 12th, and three runs score. With the game blown open and Detroit low on relievers (and game two coming up) …they put McKinstry on the mound. 😄 (He gave up a walk and 3-run HR.)
His ERA is gonna suck.

I think these Brewers might be up to something
They're certainly fun to watch, and I love Murph, but (1) I'm worried about Yeli's back again, and (2) I don't know how long this patchwork starting rotation is going to hold up.
Abner seems to be having a bit of a rough time as well.
Yeah, 6 IP in their last 7 games, and his ERA over that span is 7.5.

They need to get Devin back, but that not happening until like July...

Users who are viewing this thread