What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kelvin Benjamin for Rob Kelley (1 Viewer)

chris_dub

Footballguy
This is a big money 14-team auction league with standard scoring, 0.5 PPR & starting rosters of: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX (RB, WR or TE), PK, DEF. 

We are in our off-season right now that includes a 1-round rookie draft in May and Free agent auction in late August. With a $200 cap, I have $93 in cap space to use and already a solid starting roster:

QB: Ryan ($17/2), Prescott ($3/3), Palmer ($1/1), Romo ($4/1)
RB: Murray ($10/1), Forte ($10/2), C. Thompson ($10/1), Vereen ($12/1)
WR: Green ($10/2), Cooper ($2/2), Benjamin ($23/2), Stills ($3/1)
TE: Hooper ($1/2), Tamme ($1/1)
PK: Empty
DEF: Empty

I have been offered Rob Kelley ($3/2) for Kelvin Benjamin ($23/2). I am not that high on Kelley, but feel this might be good value right now as I can maybe flip him for something else as young, cheap RB's carry a value in a 14-team league. It would also give me $20 extra in cap space to use on free agents. 

My only other idea at a counter is for a pick, as the owner has picks 1.02, 1.04, 1.06 and 1.08. He needs a WR and obviously has interest in Benjamin. These rookie picks are highly coveted every year in this league so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get one for Benjamin. Perhaps the 1.06? Or is it better off to just take the Kelley deal and try to flip him for something better.

I don't play in auction or non-PPR leagues, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt...

I can't give Kelley away in PPR leagues - shopped him for a 2nd with no takers. Kelvin is getting late 1st, early to mid-2nd trades (even though I don't like him).

Kelvin for Kelley is not a good deal IMO and you chances of flipping him don't seem that likely.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree with the above.  I like Benjamin but he seems pretty pricey compared to what you have on your roster.  I'm also not sold on Kelley long term so I might try to get the pick instead but in the end I would also take the deal you have.  Kelley may be your RB2.  Also, are you stuck in contracts or can players be dropped?  Romo, Forte and Vereen don't seem like great contracts to have when looking at price and production. 

I understand the want to dump salary and this seems like an easy way to do it but I probably wouldn't because I don't think Kelly does much for you.  His value is quite low.  I would much rather have the pick but as Warhogs said I would try and get rid of two of your QB's for whatever you can get....or just cut them if it doesn't hurt your cap space. 

Is the Murray Latavius or Demarco?  It seems that Thompson and Vereen are not very good value either.  I wouldn't be keeping them if cutting them doesn't hurt your cap. 

Users who are viewing this thread