What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper: third WR or RB? (1 Viewer)

ivargas

Footballguy
2QB (3 max), 3WR, 2RB, TE, FLX 10tm home league, 4 keepers. Cruised last year, but now facing issues selecting keepers.

QBs Allen, Fields
WRs Kupp, Lamb, Wilson, Watson
RBs Chubb, Etienne, Walker

Since I can't keep both Allen and Fields because they're on bye the same week and I haven't been able to pull a trade, I'm leaning:
Allen, Kupp, Lamb and Chubb/Wilson.
Chubb or Wilson? Experts have them ranked simlarly, so I guess it's a question of QB, WR, WR and WR/RB.
Or should I do something else?

Thanks in advance! I've been debating this in my head for a long time.

This won't completely answer your question, but... why can't you keep Allen AND Fields? Not keeping both simply because they have the same bye week is flawed rationale. Lots of things could happen between now and week 13. If you had to sacrifice one week as opposed to starting a much lesser talent at QB every week, wouldn't you want to keep them both?

This won't completely answer your question, but... why can't you keep Allen AND Fields? Not keeping both simply because they have the same bye week is flawed rationale. Lots of things could happen between now and week 13. If you had to sacrifice one week as opposed to starting a much lesser talent at QB every week, wouldn't you want to keep them both?
I concur. In a SF I'm keeping Allen, Fields, Kupp, Lamb, and Chubb. Maybe deal Fields before week 13 or like proper said, just punt week 13. Or make a deal predraft if your league allows. Good luck!

Need your scoring
It's a ridiculous scoring:
PASSING
Passing Yards (PY) 0.1
Each Pass Completed (PC) 1.5
Each Incomplete Pass (INC) -1
TD Pass (PTD) 6
Interceptions Thrown (INT) -4
2pt Passing Conversion (2PC) 3
300-399 yard passing game (P300) 15
400+ yard passing game (P400) 30
RUSHING
Rushing Yards (RY) 0.3
Rushing Attempts (RA) 0.2
TD Rush (RTD) 8
2pt Rushing Conversion (2PR) 5
100-199 yard rushing game (RY100) 8
200+ yard rushing game (RY200) 30
RECEIVING
Receiving Yards (REY) 0.2
Each reception (REC) 4
TD Reception (RETD) 8
2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE) 5
100-199 yard receiving game (REY100) 8
200+ yard receiving game (REY200) 30

That is the most insane scoring I've ever seen. The completion/incompletion metrics are just.. wow. Why punish a QB for throwing the ball away instead of taking a sack?

Also 4 points per reception?????

I'm not sure I can properly evaluate this but 400 points for a 100 catch year means I keep Allen, Kupp, Lamb, Wilson and say goodbye to Chubb.

Need your scoring
PASSING
Passing Yards (PY) 0.1
TD Pass (PTD) 6
RUSHING
Rushing Yards (RY) 0.3
TD Rush (RTD) 8
RECEIVING
Each reception (REC) 4
TD Reception (RETD) 8
:oops::oops:
Holy crap. That is some crazy scoring. That would be too much for me to try and keep up with.

Since I can't keep both Allen and Fields because they're on bye the same week
Who cares that they are on the same bye week? It's one week. Every other week of the season you will be at a distinct advantage being that this is a start 2 QB league. These are must keeps. After that, I think I lean towards Kupp and Lamb with the 4 pt per reception scoring. If this is a keep forever type league I may be swayed to keep Wilson over Kupp but even that is close and I might still keep Kupp

Need your scoring
PASSING
Passing Yards (PY) 0.1
TD Pass (PTD) 6
RUSHING
Rushing Yards (RY) 0.3
TD Rush (RTD) 8
RECEIVING
Each reception (REC) 4
TD Reception (RETD) 8
:oops::oops:
Holy crap. That is some crazy scoring. That would be too much for me to try and keep up with.
I'd have to break the bong out to sort out this scoring but then by the time I figured it out I will have forgotten about this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread