What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper question - Diggs, St. Brown, or Hopkins, but draft rounds involved... (1 Viewer)

Tankersley

Footballguy
12 team league, I have the #10 pick in the first round and it's a serpentine draft. Rosters are 2 QBs, 3 RBs, 4 WRs, 2 TEs, 2 Ks, 2 Ds. Starting lineups are 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D, 1 flex (RB, WR, TE)

So scoring for WRs, TE, RBs are:
1 pt per reception, .1 pts per yard rush, .1 pts per rec yard, 3 pts for over 100 yds rec, 3 for over 100 yds rush, 4 pts for over 150 yds rec, 4 pts for over 150 yds rush, 6 pts per TD

The keeper takes the draft position of where they were drafted the previous year. If a player was picked up off waivers, they will take the 6th round pick for that team.
So, I can keep Diggs as my 1st round pick, AmonRa St. Brown as my 3rd round pick, or DeAndre Hopkins as my 6th round pick.

Originally it was going to be Hopkins because you won't get someone of his quality in the 6th round...but I don't know about him being in Tennessee.

I love St. Brown in a PPR league, but I still might be able to get him if I don't keep him.

thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated.

It's a keep one player so I go with the best player typically. In your case you can likely get a Diggs or equivalent at your pick so I would give myself that flexibility and go with the next best guy which is ARSB. That is my choice.

I'd go ARSB. I'd be surprised if he's still there in 3rd round of a 12-team PPR. No Jameson Williams for at least 6-weeks and ARSB is going to feed. Also love the Lions O this year and ARSB will pay dividends the whole season. Agree with Gally that you can get Diggs or equivalent in 1st. D-Hop is older, in a new system for him, and a low pass volume offense that features D Henry. He'll be ok but I think ARSB really posts way better numbers in most weeks.

He's a question I posted if you're so inclined -https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/1st-pick-in-a-draft-with-lots-of-keepers.809567/

It's a keep one player so I go with the best player typically. In your case you can likely get a Diggs or equivalent at your pick so I would give myself that flexibility and go with the next best guy which is ARSB. That is my choice.
Thanks

Asb. Good chance he doesn’t last until 10 in a keeper league so you are basically getting first round value for late 3rd pick. Mess around with the trade calculator but it should show moving for 3.10 to 1.10 is worth more than moving for the 6th to the 3rd riund

Users who are viewing this thread