What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper league help - I have No. 1 overall pick in draft (1 Viewer)

wheeleke

Footballguy
Play in a 12-team keeper league. We keep anywhere from 4-6 keepers. Your first 4 keepers are an assumed Round 1-4 of the draft, so Round 5 is the first round where picks are made. We play .5 PPR and start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, and DEF. 

Team (from last season) is:

QB: Kyler Murray, Ryan Fitzpatrick; RB: Austin Ekeler, Mark Ingram, Darrell Henderson, Darwin Thompson; WR: Will Fuller, Calvin Ridley, Justin Watson, Preston Williams, Marquise Brown, Anthony Miller, Tyler Boyd, A.J. Brown; TE: Hunter Henry, Noah Fant, Rob Gronkowski

Who would you keep as your four keepers? Anyone you would trade? Should I consider trading #1 overall pick and moving down to get more picks? Any help would be appreciated!

I definitely would only keep 4.  You don't have any 1st round talent.

Murray and AJ Brown are easy keepers but after that I would pick two between Ekeler, Ingram, & Ridley.  Not sure who that would be yet.  Some depends on what type of keepers others are doing and whether or not keeping 2 RB's makes sense or not.  I probably lean Ridley and Ekeler but could be talked into Ingram (however I wouldn't keep 5 because I would rather keep 1.01)

Trade anybody if the price is right.  Your team needs help.

am in agreement with both CJW and Gally.  I would keep just 4 in Murray, Brown, Ekeler and Ridley.  IMO, I value these players without hesitation.  Even knowing you have to start 2 RBs, I am not keeping Ingram due to age and very low value.  And, try to trade to get better positioning and keep the 1.01.

Yes, I've been leaning Murray, Brown, Ekeler, and Ridley without much hesitation. Gave Ingram some thought but trying to move him to a team with Zero RB and maybe seeing if someone will budge on my TEs. We'll see. If I try and sell 1.01 and can get a haul, I"ll do so but likely wait until closer to the start of the draft. We won't draft until August.

Yes, I've been leaning Murray, Brown, Ekeler, and Ridley without much hesitation. Gave Ingram some thought but trying to move him to a team with Zero RB and maybe seeing if someone will budge on my TEs. We'll see. If I try and sell 1.01 and can get a haul, I"ll do so but likely wait until closer to the start of the draft. We won't draft until August.
I really don't see this bringing you much.  It is essentially pick 5.01 since every team keeps 4 players with no penalties or extra value.  I would expect it to be very similar to any other redraft and the first pick of the 5th round.  I don't the value is very high in that scenario.

I really don't see this bringing you much.  It is essentially pick 5.01 since every team keeps 4 players with no penalties or extra value.  I would expect it to be very similar to any other redraft and the first pick of the 5th round.  I don't the value is very high in that scenario.
I assume this draft will also include rookies, which would add to the 5.01 value. 

Yeah. Just depends on who people want and how desperate people will get. Any sort of trade will just come from reading the room. Again, just something I'm exploring but my plan is to roll with the 1st pick and take CEH or Taylor.

Will assume that you don't know what the other owners are doing with their keepers.  I would not lock in to any rookie if there is a better player out there.  Have you projected who might be available?  And if you are considering either rookie, to me, their value is similar, the deal would make sense as you get a free player... a one spot drop to get a solid valued player (IMO).  I would still hold out to see if there is any other offers.

Will assume that you don't know what the other owners are doing with their keepers.  I would not lock in to any rookie if there is a better player out there.  Have you projected who might be available?  And if you are considering either rookie, to me, their value is similar, the deal would make sense as you get a free player... a one spot drop to get a solid valued player (IMO).  I would still hold out to see if there is any other offers.
Most starting RBs will be kept when you assume start of 5th round, 48 players are already off the board (12 teams with at least 4 keepers).

If any RBs are left, it'll be guys like Adrian Peterson, Mark Ingram, maybe Guice or Kerryon Johnson but not guys I would slot ahead of CEH or Taylor in dynasty.

Most starting RBs will be kept when you assume start of 5th round, 48 players are already off the board (12 teams with at least 4 keepers).

If any RBs are left, it'll be guys like Adrian Peterson, Mark Ingram, maybe Guice or Kerryon Johnson but not guys I would slot ahead of CEH or Taylor in dynasty.
I hear you... and agree.  Do you feel comfortable with CEH and Taylor?  Would you care which one?  If not, then looking at the 2nd pick with McLaurin is not bad.  

If you do that trade, McLaurin would be one of your 4 keepers, right?  I mean you aren't trading for him and then releasing him back into the pool? LOL

I would rather go McLaurin over Ingram in a dynasty league but I also see that having 3 RBs has value too over the course of the season 
Sure. I just would hate to miss on CEH. I would be too excited about getting him. Imagine he is the first pick in the fifth. So you would have to weigh missing him. If Taylor is as valuable to you then I could see grabbing McClaurin and then drafting Taylor. I’m partial to CEH I guess. 

so, if you do the deal, you would have to keep McLaurin?   I know I said that I would keep Murray, Brown, Ekeler and Ridley.   And I would not keep McLaurin over any of these 4.  If this is so, I would not do the deal.  You have better valued players over McLaurin.  and I still would not keep Ingram, with Dobbins there, especially with CEH on your horizon.

I thought this deal was after the keepers were selected.  My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quarterbacks don't go early in our draft so I don't doubt I could pick up Murray, Russell Wilson, Roethlisberger, etc. later on. But yes, I would keep McLaurin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quarterbacks don't go early in our draft so I don't doubt I could pick up Murray, Russell Wilson, Roethlisberger, etc. later on. But yes, I would keep McLaurin.
Knowing that you would be keeping McLaurin instead, I would pass on the deal.  Do you know if other owners are keeping Mahomes, Jackson, maybe Watson?  

Big question is when do you think you would need to draft Murray, Wilson, etc.. If you don't keep Murray (And without seeing what QBs will be kept)?  You definitely decrease the age of your roster by making this trade (not keeping Ingram) and still likely to get CEH or Taylor.  If you make this trade, I would keep an eye on getting Joshua Kelly towards the end of the draft (Ekeler insurance, not sold on Jackson as a #1 back if Ekeler goes down).

Users who are viewing this thread