What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Murray worth the price in keeper? (1 Viewer)

Deadweight19

Footballguy
12 team keeper PPR 4pt pass 1pt 25 yds pass 1 pt 10yds rush 6pt rush td.  12 team $200 cap.  Starting lineup=  1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 WR/RB/TE flex 1 K 1 team def 6 bench spots.  Keepers 3 year max with increasing salary cap hit each year you keep player.  Already keeping RB Taylor Ind for $33 and WR Chase for $28.  Have a 1 season choice (we call it franchise tag) to get QB Murray for $14.  I spent $19 last year on him (got bidded up because I was last team without a QB).  Keeping Murray would leave me with $125 left to fill out roster.  League expanded this year from 10 to 12 teams so at least 2 teams will have full $200 bank.  No Hopkins for 6 games scares me (Murray's splits w/out Hopkins are not good) but pretty much every site I look at has Murray as top 5 QB and going for $19-$20.  One last thing, the franchise price can be used on a keeper only once and you have to keep him on your roster all year regardless of injury.  Is it worth keeping him for the $14 or throw him back get him or someone else at a cheaper price?

Do you have an idea as to other QBs that might be kept?  My gut would be to keep him for that price.  Based on what I can see, I have him #3-#4 projected QB.  value is about right at $14

Allen likely will be franchised.  Looking like maybe 1-2 more tops (w/out Murray) will be kept.  Problem is everyone in this league always tries to outbid me on every pick.  I swear, some of these owners don't care if they go winless just as long as they can brag about stealing a pick away from me.  The times I have won this league is when I get a cheap back (like Taylor for instance) and saved the extra dollars for RB's and WR's (usually getting 2 QB's for $5-$7 total).  If I franchise Murray, I probably won't bid on another QB.  I guess I'm just hesitant to roll with Murray after last season (I was leading the league until he got hurt).  Just wondering if he will produce enough until Hopkins gets back.

With only 3 QB's being kept I would let him go.  He is too big a risk for injury and if you franchise you have to keep him on your roster.  That is a deadly wrinkle if he gets hurt early.

There are plenty of quality QB's out there.  It is extremely deep.  I am also not sold on Murray so that also feeds into it.

Allen likely will be franchised.  Looking like maybe 1-2 more tops (w/out Murray) will be kept.  Problem is everyone in this league always tries to outbid me on every pick.  I swear, some of these owners don't care if they go winless just as long as they can brag about stealing a pick away from me.  The times I have won this league is when I get a cheap back (like Taylor for instance) and saved the extra dollars for RB's and WR's (usually getting 2 QB's for $5-$7 total).  If I franchise Murray, I probably won't bid on another QB.  I guess I'm just hesitant to roll with Murray after last season (I was leading the league until he got hurt).  Just wondering if he will produce enough until Hopkins gets back.
A bit paranoid?  Jeesh, I would guess this is all in your mind.

You can use this to your advantage. Nominate guys you don't want, bid everyone up to 3/4 price. 

I was thinking same think. Act like you want a guy and let them beat you on him. I would factor in scoring. I think AZ will be fine and he's a solid QB. You could do worse for $14.  What's Carr's value Hurts? Tua? Cousins should be in new passing offense.  Also I don't know about bidding on players but if the bids start at $5. Just offer what you think a guy is worth first bid. $12? See if someone beats you. If they beat you. No regrets. I've been doing this is real estate for a few years and it's worked for buyers. Aggressive out the gate but know your walk away. Mariota Trubisky. There could be some value plays for the short term.  Then grab a rookie like ridder Willis cheap where if they do well you keep em cheap right? 

I appreciate all the advice.  I have already tried many of your suggestions.  Not paranoid, just tired of the bottom feeders always looking for a free meal.  I like Murray's weapons when everyone is back (and healthy) but I will probably heed the advice and throw him back.  I could probably get him cheaper if I want him (not a fan of the whole must study 4 hours debacle).

Users who are viewing this thread