What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I believe the economy may be really bad right now. (1 Viewer)

Pretty ugly numbers this morning. This is the first time during this inflationary cycle that the GDP reading came in way below expectations. It's not the dreaded 'stagflation' as yet, but this is a first step toward that type of scenario. Not good.

All I’ve heard was how great everything is doing.

So good we just give billions away to fight the good fight in Europe.
I definitely want to avoid saying anything political here—but the notion that we just ship cash to our allies in these situations is not super true. There might be some cash involved—but when a bill gets passed that gives “billions of dollars in military aid” to an ally—it doesn’t mean we just send cash there. It means that our government approves giving money to defense contractors (companies like Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, military supply companies, gun manufacturers..etc) to send supplies/packages to them. These aid packages fuel the military industrial complex that a lot of our economy is built upon. A lot of the reason why the US economy looks better than most post-Covid is because the number of military conflicts around the world have made it so that our government has an excuse to keep injecting money into our system through companies that make military and aid equipment.

but when a bill gets passed that gives “billions of dollars in military aid” to an ally—it doesn’t mean we just send cash there. It means that our government approves giving money to defense contractors (companies like Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, military supply companies, gun manufacturers..etc) to send supplies/packages to them.
Drawdowns of existing stock is a big part of materiel aid, correct?

Pretty ugly numbers this morning. This is the first time during this inflationary cycle that the GDP reading came in way below expectations. It's not the dreaded 'stagflation' as yet, but this is a first step toward that type of scenario. Not good.

I definitely want to avoid saying anything political here—but the notion that we just ship cash to our allies in these situations is not super true. There might be some cash involved—but when a bill gets passed that gives “billions of dollars in military aid” to an ally—it doesn’t mean we just send cash there. It means that our government approves giving money to defense contractors (companies like Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, military supply companies, gun manufacturers..etc) to send supplies/packages to them. These aid packages fuel the military industrial complex that a lot of our economy is built upon. A lot of the reason why the US economy looks better than most post-Covid is because the number of military conflicts around the world have made it so that our government has an excuse to keep injecting money into our system through companies that make military and aid equipment.

Trickle down economics is basically US buying stuff that we can use to blow **** up with or other people blows other people up with. Cash goes to the workers, who use it for hookers and blow. Not that hard.

Trickle down economics is basically US buying stuff that we can use to blow **** up with or other people blows other people up with. Cash goes to the workers, who use it for hookers and blow. Not that hard.

Call me liberal, but I have to think there are better places to spend that money than abroad - "blowing stuff up".

I mean I'm richer every day and eying retiring in my 50s. **** is more expensive, sure, but whatever stonks are up big and I can get 6% under my mattress.
From my view i love high interest rates too, but, its not the people with money in the stock market and in their mattress that the economy has its greatest effect on.

Call me liberal, but I have to think there are better places to spend that money than abroad - "blowing stuff up".

It isn't really abroad though. It's us dumping stuff we never needed on Ukraine or welfare for bomb factories.

I agree and noone that knows me would ever call me liberal :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread