What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How will the NFL handle scheduling the remainder of football this year? (1 Viewer)

How will the NFL handle scheduling the remainder of football this year?

• variation on option 1, where both teams are credited with a win.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I agree that the league office should have been the enforcers. But they froze, paralysed by fear. It shouldn't have been the coaches negotiating about what happens next. Someone had to be the voice of authority and tell everyone what happens next. Troy Vincent is not and could never be that person. The commish ought to have stepped up.

I've just never understood during any of this why the default was to just not use winning percentages.

Read something a few days ago that when the idea of the SB was first being put together that I think it was Lamar Hunt who wanted it to be like the final 4. Hold the conference championship games and SB at the same neutral location. I'm sure this is not the reason, to much of a change to something not broke, but seeing them put this game in Atlanta almost makes me think the NFL is sending out a trial balloon.

laina Getzenberg
@agetzenberg

The NFL has advised the Bills and Chiefs to start selling tickets for the potential neutral site AFC Championship game. Season ticket holders for both teams who opted-in to purchase AFC Championship Game tickets will have first priority beginning at 10 am ET tomorrow.
-------------------------
Alaina Getzenberg
@agetzenberg

All other fans interested in purchasing tickets can sign up to receive a passcode to participate in a presale, beginning at 10 am EST on Friday, January 20. Fans who wish to participate in the Friday presale can visit https://NFL.com/AFC to register for the presale.
-------------------------
Alaina Getzenberg
@agetzenberg

Full information here: https://twitter.com/agetzenberg/status/1615368707810775040/photo/1

I've just never understood during any of this why the default was to just not use winning percentages.

Read something a few days ago that when the idea of the SB was first being put together that I think it was Lamar Hunt who wanted it to be like the final 4. Hold the conference championship games and SB at the same neutral location. I'm sure this is not the reason, to much of a change to something not broke, but seeing them put this game in Atlanta almost makes me think the NFL is sending out a trial balloon.
Yeah, I've been thinking about this alot. One side of me thinks that the NFL really, really wants this game to happen because they basically get a free pass to try this out and everyone will understand.

On the other hand, part of me thinks they really DON'T want this to happen, since a really successful event actually opens up a huge pandora's box for the owners to consider down the road. Which leads me to:

If the Chiefs win on Saturday, this shines a HUGE spotlight on that Bills/Bengals game. It will be interesting to watch how that plays out.

On a side note, Carl Cheffers has been assigned to that game as the referee. He's awful + his crew consistently ranks in the top 5 in penalties called.

10am sale for season ticket holders, with blocks of time based on seniority.

My block doesn’t start until 2pm so I am not optimistic about my chances.

Don’t have high hopes that the game will happen anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread