What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

First IDP Draft (1 Viewer)

First time doing a draft with IDP players. We start 4 defensive players of any position. No requirements. Could be all LBs, all DL, all DB or mix and match.

1 point per Tackle.

3 points for INT.

3 points for Sack.

2 each for a FF or Fumble Recovery.

What should be the strategy here? I think I want to target LB first, the ones who are racking up the tackles.

What do you guys think? How many IDP would be ideal to select if we start 4 each week? I imagine startable guys will be on the WW if needed.

Thanks!

With that few idp, and no position requirements focus exclusively on 3-down LBs who put up big tackle totals.  

Your scoring system favors tackle monsters over sack artists, and completely devalues DBs, so don’t even bother looking there.

You will be able to find plenty of talent on the waiver wire with so few starters, so unless you stack bye weeks you can easily get away with only 5 roster spots for your 4 idp positions.

In short, your analysis is pretty much spot on.

With that few idp, and no position requirements focus exclusively on 3-down LBs who put up big tackle totals.  

Your scoring system favors tackle monsters over sack artists, and completely devalues DBs, so don’t even bother looking there.

You will be able to find plenty of talent on the waiver wire with so few starters, so unless you stack bye weeks you can easily get away with only 5 roster spots for your 4 idp positions.

In short, your analysis is pretty much spot on.
Exact advice I gave on the other forum. 

Mans don’t bother taking an IDPer for at least 8-9-10th round, if even then. Grab up value at offense while others are taking from the deepest pool imaginable. 

Another way to really find value is to do some IDP research to find the lesser known IDP studs that most novices wouldn't think of.  Everyone will know Kuechly but look for this years Schobert or Martinez that kind of fly under the radar but in the end will put up big tackle numbers.  It's likely the other guys won't know the deeper names so while they are using earlier picks on the name guys you can get the lesser names but equal production. 

With this few IDP spots you need to focus on LB's as Arodin mentioned.  That is a must but do your research to target the guys slightly under the radar.  Also don't get reeled in with the name guys that are better NFL'ers than IDP performers.  Someone like Erick Kendricks is a very good NFL LB'er but doesn't tend to put up very good IDP performances. 

Users who are viewing this thread