What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG business Thread (1 Viewer)

late to the party but business owner here too. I run a creative studio, things like websites, branding, brochures, marketing, etc.

lots of great info already covered. What I would add, in advertising, is to find the pain points of your customer and speak to that. Too many times I see service based business leading with:
• how long they have been in business
• logos of the manufactures they use
• how impressive of a fleet they have, etc.

Solve your clients problem and lean into that.
for instance if you are a rehab gym, no one cares howe many weight machines you have. Show how they can regain their lifestyle after they use you.
For things like lawn (or pool) services, show how the customer can recapture their fun/family time by hiring out those services.

think like that when advertising. It makes the customer desire to be in that situation.
Are you using any AI tools. If so which ones? There's soooo many.
just ChatGPT. Mainly because I'm a crappy writer, so i use it tow write small blurbs of web copy and social posts

For Fun, heres my website.

tell me where I suck, I made it myself

www.santanpools.com
just started with google ads. 118 clicks and 0 or 1 call I think
How is everything coming along with Satan's Pools, anyway?
I ended up not doing Facebook ads this year. But I have spent $1000 on Google so far.

How many clicks / conversions have you received?
220K views and 2.5K clicks.

Not sure on conversions, but if I got 2 new customers for $1000 id take it. But I think I have got some nice jobs and new customers. more than 2 for sure. I need to start asking how they got my number

For Fun, heres my website.

tell me where I suck, I made it myself

www.santanpools.com
just started with google ads. 118 clicks and 0 or 1 call I think
How is everything coming along with Satan's Pools, anyway?
I ended up not doing Facebook ads this year. But I have spent $1000 on Google so far.

How many clicks / conversions have you received?
220K views and 2.5K clicks.

Not sure on conversions, but if I got 2 new customers for $1000 id take it. But I think I have got some nice jobs and new customers. more than 2 for sure. I need to start asking how they got my number

That's such a healthy attitude. So many small business owners hate the advertising expense, and don't see it as the investment it really is. Lifetime value of a client is huge, especially for service businesses. Gotta spend to make and all that.

I asked about conversions because honestly, I'm not loving your website to drive business. Don't get me wrong - it checks the "we have a website box" (and that's an important box to check), but that's kind of all it does. Sure, if you show it to people they'll read it and give a positive opinion, but you're more interested in total strangers coming in blind and clicking. Huge difference.

Not that you asked me, but here's my .02 as someone in the industry: It comes off as bare bones. There's no navigation, you have to scroll way too long to get any info, and the content that is there is pretty short. The services can/should be an entire page. The "why?" - that's another page. That's not only good for conversion, but SEO as well - these days Google likes meaty websites with good info / solid content the best. And they like FAQ's - a short faq built right into the page makes for a stronger page. This could change in the future as AI further changes search, but right now, good, authoritative content wins.

That all said, if it's working for you, and you are happy with your contacts, it's all good. For many local businesses, they don't need the website to really compete with others - their google maps listing, reviews, and the fact that they have any website is enough. That could very well be you. I know personally, as a solopreneur, I don't want my phone ringing any more than it does (I purposely nerf myself online by putting pricing on my site, and it's high).

Users who are viewing this thread