What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fair return for Rodgers in a PPR dynasty? (1 Viewer)

CabinFever

Footballguy
I'm a little torn. I have a team I think I need to rebuild and shopped the rebuild to the league, and just got this offer. Would you move Rodgers for this to start a rebuild?

Give: Rodgers and Theilen

Get: T. Taylor, D. Foreman, Diggs, 1st in 2018 (early to mid is best guess)

Current Roster:

Rodgers, Rivers

McCaffrey, Kamara, Duke Johnson, Woodhead, D. Washington, Dion Lewis, Matt Jones, MarshallWatkins, Pryor, Crowder, Cobb, DeSean, Samuel, Thielen, Woods, Dorsett, HoganGronk

Also have the 3.11 pick and would take Mahomes if I make this deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not make that deal. You are giving up a stud QB for a bunch of "might be"s. I assume the Taylor in the deal is Taywan and he is at best a 2nd round rookie pick, Foreman has to get past Miller in Houston. Diggs doesn't do much for me in the Vikings offense and the 2018 1st could end up being a mid round pick.

I would not do this deal for Rodgers by himself and I definitely would not be adding Thielen to my side of the deal. If you trade Rodgers, you have to get at least one proven stud back in the deal. 

I expect the Taylor is Tyrod, to replace Aaron.  Not a great choice, as he's not that young, and not guaranteed to hold a starting job even as long as Rodgers.

I would hold Rodgers at that price and see if you can do better.

I would hold Rodgers at this point and shop him to a contender as the season is under way.  I think that is your best chance at getting max value in a deal for Rodgers. 

I'll disagree with the others. I think that's a great return for Rodgers.

Diggs is actually going ahead of Rodgers in startup drafts. And if that 2018 1st really does end up being a top pick, it will have a ton of value. You're basically getting that 1st rounder for free IMO. 

And as you are seeing with Mahomes still on the board at 3.11, in one QB leagues, you can get good young prospects for dirt cheap. 

Plus, Rodgers will turn 34 this season. That's not that old in QB years, but for a guy who relies on his mobility a lot to extend plays, it's something to consider. He might not still be slinging it at 38. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll disagree with the others. I think that's a great return for Rodgers.

Diggs is actually going ahead of Rodgers in startup drafts. And if that 2018 1st really does end up being a top pick, it will have a ton of value. You're basically getting that 1st rounder for free IMO. 

And as you are seeing with Mahomes still on the board at 3.11, in one QB leagues, you can get good young prospects for dirt cheap. 

Plus, Rodgers will turn 34 this season. That's not that old in QB years, but for a guy who relies on his mobility a lot to extend plays, it's something to consider. He might not still be slinging it at 38. 
Agree with this

Users who are viewing this thread