What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: 2 Runner-Up Finishes in a Row .. Any Weaknesses? (1 Viewer)

BearsFan4Life

Footballguy
14 Team - NO PPR - Start 1qb/1rb/1wr/1te/2flex/1k/1d

I have finished as Runner-Up two years in a row.  I am RB heavy, but can start 3. Is there anything you would do with this team to win it all this year?

Mahomes, Lock, Goff

CMC, DHenry, Chubb, AJones, Mixon, Hunt, MDavis, JWilson

Hopkins, Godwin, Mims

Kelce, Goedert, Jarwin

Tucker

TB

Any thoughts on who I should try and go after or just roll with what I have. Much appreciated!

My suggestion is to get better luck.  This team is really good.

I would see about moving Henry to improve your WR's and start looking to find an upside TE that may be top 5 guy in the future.  If you can target Pitts in the draft.

you have 5 quality running backs, i would look to move 1 or 2 of them for the best wr you can find based on your league setup of needing only 1. Not that hopkins is bad, but there are some wrs who can outscore him on a weekly basis and consistent basis and having 2 of henry, jones, and mixon on your bench each week is pointless. So find the beat WR on the worst team as somone bottem 4 has a top 5 guy.

Would definitely look to get stronger at WR and would be willing to sacrifice a RB. Would perhaps even do that twice and gain 2 WR for 2 RB, but probably only one.

* EDIT: Or if you have any good draft picks to trade for a top WR.

But as far as "trying to winning it all this year", I simply don't believe that is a thing. Do what you have to do to give yourself the best odds, as is always the plan (aside from serious rebuilding jobs). But it's never going to be 100% ... or 95% ... or 90% ... or 85% ... or 80% ... or 75% ... or 70% ..... no matter how good you are, unless your roster is absolutely obscenely stacked all the way from the bottom up.

In other words, runner-up should never be a disappointing result, it is a fantastic result (though hopefully it pays out a good bit; if it's all or nothing payout, runner-up might never feel fantastic even though it is).

How many teams make your playoffs? The more playoff spots there are, the less ability to forcibly "win it all" exists.

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears luck or injuries might have been part of your missing on the crown.  

The only thing I see to improve is your WR3.  If you get an injury & Bye week, you are stuck with Mims 

Make a package of Mims, MDavis & Wilsom and target a WR3 upgrade. 

Trade off Mixon to get a WR, you still have 4 strong RBs.  He still has some cache, that team is still awful, with a bad OLine.   Find a team to take him for a WR and win your league.

Wilson is pretty useless now.

Users who are viewing this thread