What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Slot/Strategy in a Keeper league (1 Viewer)

tageldinho

Footballguy
I get to choose my draft position in my keeper league (standard scoring) I have the choice of selecting any draft position between #2 -#12. My current keepers listed below.

Nick Chubb (Round 6)
Darren Waller (Round 9)

And one of: Dak Prescott (Round 8), David Montgomery (Round 3).

I am debating selecting a pick at the back half of the draft (10, 11, or 12) and keeping Montgomery because the pool things out because of keepers at the 2/3 turn. Below are potential roster construction possibilities through first 4 round for picking #2 vs. #11 based on who I anticipate being kept.

(With #2 pick)

QB: Dak (keeper)
RB: Cook, Chubb (Keeper)
WR: (two of Evans/Woods/Godwin/Robinson/Cooper), or if someone like Jacobs, Carson, CEH unexpectedly drop I would take them instead
TE: Waller (Keeper)

(with #11 Pick)

RB: (one of Barkley, Harris, Mixon, Gibson), Chubb (Keeper), Montgomery (keeper)

WR: (one of Ridley/Hopkins/AJ Brown) + (one of) Woods/Cooper/Godwin/DJ Moore
TE: Waller

Am I crazy to pass up on Dalvin Cook at #2 to load up on solid players at the 1/2 turn instead?

who else can you choose from your team?  IMO, Montgomery is not worth a 3rd, and I am not a fan of Dak...   and I agree with Gally, I am not passing on Cook at 1.02

who else can you choose from your team?  IMO, Montgomery is not worth a 3rd, and I am not a fan of Dak...   and I agree with Gally, I am not passing on Cook at 1.02
No one else worth keeping on the team, the next best option is Golladay in the 4th which I don't really want to take. I'm not a huge fan of Montgomery either but with the keepers 3rd round isn't bad value. It ends up being more like 4/5 round players in that range so I think I'd be OK with it. Cook is definitely hard to pass up though. Just felt I might end up hamstrung at WR as a result. 

Users who are viewing this thread