What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DON'T BRING EXTINCT CREATURES BACK TO LIFE - IQ2 debate (1 Viewer)

I don't really like messing with nature.  I like to let things go how they go.  Yes, even if that means humans(who are a part of nature) are directly responsible for the demise of a species.   I'd rather leave nature alone--at least today.  Maybe someday when we are more educated on the pros and cons of manipulating nature could we take on these kinds of things.
We do things every day that don't necessarily agree with nature and certainly wouldn't fall into the "leave nature alone" category.

Surely we all agree we should bring unicorns back from extinction, right?
All right, let me ask you this. Tell me if this is creative: when I was five, I imagined that there was such a thing as a unicorn. And this is before I had even... heard of one or seen one. I just drew a picture of a horse that could fly over rainbows and had a huge spike in its head. I was five. Five years old! Couldn't even talk yet!

All right, let me ask you this. Tell me if this is creative: when I was five, I imagined that there was such a thing as a unicorn. And this is before I had even... heard of one or seen one. I just drew a picture of a horse that could fly over rainbows and had a huge spike in its head. I was five. Five years old! Couldn't even talk yet!
It's never a bad time to quote the office.

They should bring them back and then put them in a park for tourists to see. 

I don't see what could go wrong with that.
Whenever I watch those films I always wondered why they couldn’t just bring back the peaceful herbivore ones- it would still bring in the crowds. Problem solved, right? 

heck yeah, bring back all the dinosaurs.
We could make it into a reality tv show where we put all of them on an island, with TV cameras, and call it Jurassic Survivor.  

10 vicious carnivores, brought back from extinction, dropped on an island with video cameras and GPS trackers.  Only one survives, the rest return to extinction.  

There should be no issues bringing back extinct critters though we should be focused on saving our currently living ones.
Agreed.

IMO we should also prioritize restoring natural habitat where it makes biological sense (e.g. reintroducing wolves to Colorado, Isle Royale).

Whenever I watch those films I always wondered why they couldn’t just bring back the peaceful herbivore ones- it would still bring in the crowds. Problem solved, right? 
Come on. Everyone wants to see the T-Rex. He's the Jordan of the dinosaurs. 

You can't have Disneyland without Mickey Mouse.

We could make it into a reality tv show where we put all of them on an island, with TV cameras, and call it Jurassic Survivor.  

10 vicious carnivores, brought back from extinction, dropped on an island with video cameras and GPS trackers.  Only one survives, the rest return to extinction.  
GoPros, ftw.

Who was that one poster who thought that human beings played with dinosaurs because the Earth was only 6,000 years old? 

Users who are viewing this thread