What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Darn it, FBG (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a subscription to footballguys and another competing fantasy website (I won't mention names).The best thing about the competing website that I frequent is that when I wake up in the morning the features that they have scheduled for the day are already published. I quickly look through them and I know that I won't have to visit the website again until the next day when the next days reports will be available first thing in the morning just like clockwork.It's a nice routine to have. I wish I could put the footballguys main page into my routine too but so far I haven't been able to.
While I agree that other sites regularly meet their deadlines and it's nice to always have that info when it's promised.....FBG gives so much more info than any other site. I'm not making excuses but because FBG has so much more info to deliver, I can see how things get bogged down and takes more time to do. If that's the case, then just delay the deadline one day and make sure it comes out that day...instead of continually pushing back the deadline. (They should really do this...deadlines should always be met....not always delayed).If FBG only gave WW pickup info on Mondays, cheatsheets on Wed, start/bench list on Thurs, etc....I'm sure all deadlines would be met.

whaaa.. im such a baby.. but truth be told.. yes i do need info for wed morning,,,,id like to see where FBG rates A Thomas vs. L. Gordan moving forward....Not all leagues are set up the same way, and this info on Tues nite was invaluable to me...On wed afternoon it is useless...I guess I need to pay other experts, when I need to hit deadlines....Please don't patronize unless u know the specifics of the league....Enjoy your Yahoo! publics.....
regardless of what type of league you are in you should have already dropped anthony thomas....

my sorry ### roster includes SA and Holmes at RB...i dont f'n care about you jag-off's reviews...what i care about is the expert advice that seems to come 24 hrs+ too late....mock me if you will but just think how pissed u would be if a Fed Ex of perishables (this means that they would go bad) would arrive 24-48 hrs late...

mock me if you will but just think how pissed u would be if a Fed Ex of perishables (this means that they would go bad) would arrive 24-48 hrs late...
Does this mean Lamar Gordon and A-Train will spoil if you don't put them in a fridge? :shock:

my sorry ### roster includes SA and Holmes at RB...i dont f'n care about you jag-off's reviews...what i care about is the expert advice that seems to come 24 hrs+ too late....mock me if you will but just think how pissed u would be if a Fed Ex of perishables (this means that they would go bad) would arrive 24-48 hrs late...
Why not just go down to the local supermarket for those? It's got to be cheaper than getting it Fed Ex'ed.

Well Midtown, I might be right there with ya, but I haven't subscribed. As long as the boards are free, that's enough for me. No offense to FBG and Co., but I can't justify paying 20 bucks for fantasy football info. It's just a game and I fell like there is more info to be gained off this here message board than anything FBG paysite can offer.
I agree with you the boards are the best thing, but I subscribed just to help ensure the boards remain free. If everyone was like you....I seriously doubt these boards would remain free...so I can justify the $20. You obviously don't have to, but I hope you will do so next year. One last note regarding the deadlines...it's nice if they were met, but I don't let their info make my decisions for me...so if they're late, it doesn't really bother me that much. However, cuz I'm an addict, I'll eventually look at most, if not everything, that they provide.

whaaa.. im such a baby.. but truth be told..
I'm guessing we've started the season 0-3 hmmmm?????
3-0 and looking to stay undefeated...although my cometitors ar paying for sites (the huddle and fanball) who actually deliver info when they promise it...wow, that is so odd.....

all i ask is those of you too cheap to pay the measly $20 for this site to shut the h*ll up....people like me pay for the bandwith for you guys to post moronic threads, so head my rants when the owners of this site fail to deliver promised premium content.....

Last edited by a moderator:
people like me pay for the bandwith for you guys to post moronic threads, so head my rants when the owners of this site fail to deliver promised premium content.....
this is fun...the board is usually dead this time of nightkeep 'em coming ml :thumbup:

although my cometitors ar paying for sites (the huddle and fanball) who actually deliver info when they promise it...
Stop worrying about FBG and start paying attention in English class....

As long as these boards are free, there won't be any shutting up around here. Deadlines should be met, but good luck fording the onslaught of FBG's Hear-See-Speak no evil chronies. You could work a little on your approach and Joe B. would prolly tell you to just PM him (ya know, so we don't upset the masses), but deadlines should definitely be met.

good night all........lets give joe and david 8 more hours to rate johnnie morton vs. kevin johnson.....rumor has it that 4am EST is the best time for that.....

I agree that the deadlines should be met, maybe even moved up. The reason I want the top 200 forward and Trade Dominator published on Tuesday is so that I can start making trades before the weekend. Trades take a couple of days to go through, and I want to be able to use the guys I'm trading for on Sunday. Plus I want to be able to pick up some guys to fill any new trade-created holes.So what I would want to see is:Sunday - Real Time Waiver Wire alerts - yes, my league allows you to pickup guys at any time, even during Sunday's games. I know it's a dumb rule, but that's the rule, so I have to live by it, even if that means knowing to pickup Lamar Gordon because Faulk just got hurt.Monday Morning - Offensive UpgradesTuesday Morning - Trade Dominator update and top 200 forwardThe rest of the stuff, I could care less about - I don't read any of it. If I wanted to take the time to sift through Game Summaries, Matchup Stats, Targets, etc, etc, etc, I wouldn't pay $20 to join this site. What I like is that they break it down as simply as possible with the VBD and Trade Dominator apps, as well as the cheatsheets and Top 200 Forward. Just using those tools, I've scored the most points in my league for as long as I can remember. That's why I like this site so much - excellent use of cold, hard statistics (plus a little intiuition) distilled into a nice, tidy package.

id like to see where FBG rates A Thomas vs. L. Gordan moving forward....
A better approach may have been a thread titled "A.Thomas v. L.Gordon...from this point forward". Then you could've gotten a few serious opinions until the top 200 came out.good luck now.

this topic got 750+ views so some peolple must be interested?........honestly i care more about joe and crew's views about RBs than the masses....but for immediancy, i guess the message board is the way to go.....

I also agree that the deadlines should be met. We are paying for a service. If the service is not good enough, people will not return.I think consumer said it very well. If this thread would have started that way, it may have been more accepted. (Although not as amusing to read)

I also agree that the deadlines should be met. We are paying for a service.
It doesn't matter how much the service costs.Just wanted to add that in because someone will end up saying "it's only 25$."

I agree that the deadlines should be met, maybe even moved up. The reason I want the top 200 forward and Trade Dominator published on Tuesday is so that I can start making trades before the weekend. Trades take a couple of days to go through, and I want to be able to use the guys I'm trading for on Sunday. Plus I want to be able to pick up some guys to fill any new trade-created holes.
This is a good point; I have run into the same problem. I am satisfied either way, but if they are looking for anyway to improve upon what they already offer this would be a good start. I would guess most leagues take at least 48 hours to process a trade and make it final. So the early weekdays are crucial times for trade decisions (Top 200 and Dominator).

oh thats right, sorry guys i work in the online advertising world........

when we fail to produce what is expected, we retreat and offer make-goods.....

getting people to trust online on us is huge and we make a big deal when we miss deadlines.....

i guess i should be used to this by now.....

amateur...

you guys act like joe and crew are a two man opperation...

with 8,000+ subscibers this is a $160,000+ a year gig...

when they are days off with their promised info they should be called out, not coddled....
and when things aren't just the way "we" like them, "we" complain and whine in public, and cause a commotion. Kinda like a 3 year old in a supermarket. Those who really work in the business world know that the right way to get results is to go to the decision maker and state your case. Politely by the way. And good grammar never hurts either.

But alas, tantrums are easier. :no:

Boot.

oh thats right, sorry guys i work in the online advertising world........

when we fail to produce what is expected, we retreat and offer make-goods.....

getting people to trust online on us is huge and we make a big deal when we miss deadlines.....

i guess i should be used to this by now.....

amateur...

you guys act like joe and crew are a two man opperation...

with 8,000+ subscibers this is a $160,000+ a year gig...

when they are days off with their promised info they should be called out, not coddled....
and when things aren't just the way "we" like them, "we" complain and whine in public, and cause a commotion. Kinda like a 3 year old in a supermarket. Those who really work in the business world know that the right way to get results is to go to the decision maker and state your case. Politely by the way. And good grammar never hurts either.

But alas, tantrums are easier. :no:

Boot.
Before you go of and call me a freeloader I paid my $20 and am very happy. I agree that they should make their deadlines but when a customer has a problem with you do they go out into the world and announce it to everyone that you missed a deadline. Hell no they don't they either take it up with you or take their business elsewhere and guess what that is wht you should have done you knew that you were going to get flamed when you posted this. If you don't respect the views or opinions of the masses then why bring your issue with FGB to them ?

I think luchas has a legitimate complaint.Some of you all stick up for joe and co like they're your little sister. Its kinda funny to see.Maybe you think you're getting "browny" points with them? who knows?? Bash me if you like, i dont really give a rats bottom! i've been here a long time and dont plan on going anytime soon. put that in your pipe and smoke it! :yes:

Dude, the reason this topic gets so many views is because its like watching a train wreck.If this is not a fishing trip, you are pathetic.

First of all, lunchas probably should have waited til this a.m. to post - when he's less........um, tired (or, disappointed about not hooking up with his assistant). Also, he had to know (or should have) that the tone of his posts were gonna bring out the flame-throwers.

That having been said, he's got a point. If, in business, you give a due-date, you'd better be able to hit it. Customers appreciate it much more being told up front when their product is going to be delivered. I have no idea how many "deadlines" Joe & David miss, if any. I don't depend on the timeliness of the material, but I can see how some would. If there's a feature that is difficult to get out on Tuesday, then move the due date to Wednesday.

Anyway, just my couple of shillings. This, IMO, is by far the best FF site on the web and I gladly pay my $20 a year.

Some thoughts on the hourly biarching and moaning about the $20 they are paying for 17 weeks of regular season content, pre-season material, message boards, and daily emails.$20 can get you a subscription for the year… orA case of decent beer2 lg. Pizzasa couple of steaks for the grillAlmost a tank of gasA round of drinks at the barAlmost the price to park at a Pats game20% of the price of a Pats tixa couple of outdated fantasy football rags1 hotdog and 2 beers at FenwayA seat in the back row of the Fleet for a Celts game A couple of games of poolHalf a round of golf at a crappy courseA pair of movie tix for a crappy movie

Man, it must suck to have to submit lineups on Tuesday. :ph34r:
It has nothing to do with setting your lineup. In the majority of CBS SportsLine leagues, which I believe is the league management system of choice for most fantasy football leagues, they use a waivers process which begins late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning.The information contained in the Top 200 Forward list can be invaluable when helping FF owners decide which player they want to add and drop or target for trades. However, if FBG doesn't get the Top 200 out until Wednesday, it is basically useless for those of us using CBS SportsLine, because the initial waivers process will have already run and all of the good players will have already been scooped up.While I don't necessarily agree with the manner in which Lucha is calling out FBGs, I definitely feel his pain. To me the Top 200 Forward list is one of the best things on FBGs and should be made priority on Tuesday. If anything should get bumped to Wednesday, it should be the contest results or that kind of stuff.First off, not everybody is involved in these contests, so a lot of people couldn't care less about the results ... I think it is safe to say that everyone is interested in the player rankings from here on out.Second, that kind of information like contest results should be secondary ... the #1 most important thing on this site should be providing hard hitting fantasy football information. I hope Joe and the gang don't lose sight of this and are not getting bogged down in trying to provide us with all the bells and whistles that in the end aren't really helping us accomplish what we are all trying to do ... win our fantasy football league!Sorry if this was long winded ... I appreciate everyone taking the time to read it! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Midtown, I might be right there with ya, but I haven't subscribed. As long as the boards are free, that's enough for me. No offense to FBG and Co., but I can't justify paying 20 bucks for fantasy football info. It's just a game and I fell like there is more info to be gained off this here message board than anything FBG paysite can offer.
I've paid every year and probably will next year for the DD and VBD app., but I'm not real impressed with the untimely delivery of info. Been on the forums since the Cheatsheets days and this is def. where FBG has aan edge, BUT IT'S NOT EVEN THEIR CONTENT! I think they do a decent job with the site, but at $20 a pop, they could do better. I don't know why everyone's so defensive. This guy's entitled to the info he was promised, on time. I similarly work in a deadline oriented industry and I don't have the luxury of missing deadlines. Oh well.

honestly i care more about joe and crew's views about RBs than the masses....
Good God, man, why? The only things they have that you and I don't are servers and a snappy web address. Go read the stats and the blurbs off redzone.org, and you're working with as much useful info as any "expert" out there.Despite the odd need for a 3-0 FF owner to be handheld through weekly roster maintenance, the complaint is legit. If somebody pays for a professional service, and that service isn't delivered as promised, he should be compensated in some way.Failing that, capitalism has mechanisms in place to remedy these sorts of failings. In short, vote with your wallet next year, and if you feel strongly enough, convince others to do the same. *shrug* What's the big deal?

In a sense, isn't that what he is already doing?
It would appear not. If that's his goal, a little time at a personal skills seminar might be in order. (Not to mention an actual stance and/or call to action, rather than aimless belly-aching.)

It would appear not. If that's his goal, a little time at a personal skills seminar might be in order. (Not to mention an actual stance and/or call to action, rather than aimless belly-aching.)
I agree with you that his people skills are lacking, but if you can get past that, he does bring up valid points.

I agree with you that his people skills are lacking, but if you can get past that, he does bring up valid points.
Yeah, I said as much.I suppose with this sort of subscription service, there's an inevitable period of *****ing (I know, don't circumvent the filter -- but it's the only word that's suitably whiny and complainy) before a loss of business ensues.Guess we'll see whether they do anything about all the customer complaints before the *****ing ends and people give up and look elsewhere. I imagine they've got a while before it reaches that level. Honestly, I don't much care either way, except that I could do with fewer "Where are the damn (whatevers)?" threads on the message board.

Now now. Get a grip. How can you do a top 200 moving forward when you do not know the status of Key players like Hennry or Portis? Yes Sites lie Fanball and others put list out there. But only for they only rate them next to players in the same postation. Joe and Co rate them all togther giving you a change to see what there true vaule is. Last I checked top 200 was a Wed thing that got moved up to tuseday becuse a lot of users wanted on Tues.But I rather have one that is accurte then one that is not. Blame Bills and Shanny for not getting players that are Inj out in the open

Hey Guys.Stopping this one as I don't want to see the guy beat up too much. Yes, we have a problem with our Top 200 for this week. If Midtown would like a "make good", I'll absolutely do that. We offer a money back guarantee for all our subscribers through Sept 30. Shoot Clayton an email at gray@footballguys.com if you want us to refund your money and cancel your subscription. No questions asked and you can consider the info from August till now free. J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread