What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Crazy to start Fitzmagic over Danger Russ? (1 Viewer)

Ozzie72

Footballguy
Am I just in my own head on this, or should I be considering benching Russell Wilson? QBs score 4 pts. for PaTDs, 1 pt. for 30 PaYds, and -1 pt. for INTs, otherwise standard scoring.

• CON: Wilson has trended lower the last 3 games, although admittedly against some fairly good defenses (@SF, @PHI before they came back to earth, vs. MIN).
  • PRO (?): I'm not convinced that, even at home, the Rams defense is back. Even if they are, a strong pass rush could result in some good rushing stats as Wilson moves to beat the pressure.
  • PRO: I'm hoping that SEA will need to play all the way through W17 to stay ahead of SF for playoff seedings.
For Fitzpatrick:

• PRO: Fitzpatrick is doing Fitzpatrick things and goes against a Jets defense that has not been a consistent force.
  • CON (?): The Jets defense can put up points against bad teams (16 vs NYG, 18 vs. OAK. Is Fitz realistically going to go for 300+ and 3 PaTDs against them?
  • CON: Well...it's Miami. How hard are they going to play against the teams that are competing with them for higher draft picks next year?
This week is the last week of the regular season. A win clinches the division (more jelly beans than the wild card) but I'm in the playoffs no matter what, so I'm not so concerned about this week. But next week is win-or-go-home, and I lost in the same situation 2 years ago because I started my "studs" without even considering options.

Yeah, I wouldn't do that at all. Russ has been great all season. Don't try and get cute in the playoffs and cost yourself. 

The Jets defense has been inconsistent, that's a fact. If you could use one word to describe Fitz over the years... does inconsistent come to mind? 

Could Fitz put up more points than Russ? Sure. Could Fitz give you negative points? Sure. 

Russ is a top QB, in both fantasy and the field. Stick with your safe play that has a similar high ceiling. 

I get the temptation.  Fitz is going to sling it.  He has a back up for years for a reason.  Mixed in with the great games are disasters.   Go with Russ.   He is a top 3 QB in the NFL.   

Users who are viewing this thread