What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Troy Franklin, DEN (3 Viewers)

He threw up 3 days straight leading up the combine. Before the combine this guy was a consensus 1st round pick. I guess we don't do context anymore in the NFL.

Been hearing a lot of chatter that he's a guy who could really fall. Like maybe even to the 3rd round.

It's gonna take a 2nd round WR run like nothing we've ever seen for some of these usual 2nd rd suspects to avoid the 3rd and 4th rounds this weekend. I can't emphasize strongly enough how important I think bpa drafting is, but I'll be tipping my cap to teams doubling up on WR and OL in the 3rd. Possibly CB too.
Once the WR needy teams take their guy the music is going to stop and some of these WRs won’t have a chair.

GMs and fans talk about BPA all the time but need and the salary cap make that strategy difficult to implement 100% of the time.

The teams that kind of have a secondary or tertiary need at WR will get the steals.
This is happening to Franklin. @travdogg called it.

A lot of the analytics don't like Franklin...this slide is not totally surprising. Probably a decent dart throw by the Broncos this late in the draft, but the slide doesn't surprise me at all.

A lot of the analytics don't like Franklin...this slide is not totally surprising. Probably a decent dart throw by the Broncos this late in the draft, but the slide doesn't surprise me at all.
Agree and don’t think he fell over anything, just where he’s graded

Last edited:
That’s insane value and fit
Honestly, I think his value is unaffected by his draft capital fall because of the landing spot. I'm still gonna treat him as a top-8 WR.
Maybe the league knows something you and Denver doesn’t.
Maybe, they might also have just screwed up. I'm guessing Bo Nix went to bat pretty heavily for Franklin.
I doubt a rookie QB just drafted had any input into the decision.

Honestly, I think his value is unaffected by his draft capital fall because of the landing spot. I'm still gonna treat him as a top-8 WR.
Maybe, they might also have just screwed up. I'm guessing Bo Nix went to bat pretty heavily for Franklin.
Why? It was widely reported CJ Stroud had input into Tank Dell's selection.

At the 9:07 mark of the attached video, Payton says that on Friday at lunch with Bo Nix they talked about several Oregon players, most specifically Troy Franklin

"You're trying to use as much information as you can get."

The coach and GM could pick Bo's brain regarding why Franklin is falling. They could get a feel from his response how much he likes Franklin. I've had situations where I passed on a job candidate based on what others had to say about him. Bo's response here might have just corroberated what the scouting department felt.

Users who are viewing this thread