What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (3 Viewers)

When asked about performing at the 2019 Superbowl.

I would never do that. For what?” Rihanna told Vogue in 2019. “Who gains from that? Not my people. I won`t be a sellout. I couldn’t be an enabler. There’s things within the NFL that I do not agree with at all, and I was not about to go and be of service to them in any way,” she said of the league.

Headlining this year's Superbowl halftime show........RIHANNA!!!!
And she wasn't even their first choice, reportedly.

The Bucs might give him a look.

I doubt any team will bring a QB that has not played in 6 seasons in October. Kappy needs to keep working out and after the 2023 draft see who needs a QB. Maybe a team will give him a look. After all these years away, it seems very slim.

I doubt any team will bring a QB that has not played in 6 seasons in October

As a 3rd string backup, why not? What do they have to lose?

I doubt any team will bring a QB that has not played in 6 seasons in October. Kappy needs to keep working out and after the 2023 draft see who needs a QB. Maybe a team will give him a look. After all these years away, it seems very slim.

I agree, but if it has not happened in 6 seasons it is not looking good. Not even sure if he is actively trying anymore after the Raiders did not work out.

The guys who are 3rd stingers are low paid young guys who might eventually have some upside.

I agree, but if it has not happened in 6 seasons it is not looking good. Not even sure if he is actively trying anymore after the Raiders did not work out.

The guys who are 3rd stingers are low paid young guys who might eventually have some upside.

It didn't happen in 6 seasons because he was blackballed in the league and was not given even one workout (closest he came was with the Seahawks who cancelled a scheduled workout a couple years ago after Kaepernick announced that he would still continue to kneel during the anthem).

It didn't happen in 6 seasons because he was blackballed in the league and was not given even one workout (closest he came was with the Seahawks who cancelled a scheduled workout a couple years ago after Kaepernick announced that he would still continue to kneel during the anthem).

B.S. The NFL scheduled a workout for Kappy so all teams could see what he could do, and he flaked on it.

B.S. The NFL scheduled a workout for Kappy so all teams could see what he could do, and he flaked on it.

In retrospect that was a huge mistake by Kappy.

This has been discussed several times earlier in the thread and I suggest you reread those posts as Mike Florio noted it was a dog and pony show and Kaep was not notified until essentially the last minute.

This has been discussed several times earlier in the thread and I suggest you reread those posts as Mike Florio noted it was a dog and pony show and Kaep was not notified until essentially the last minute.

Gee what a surprise you're defending Kappy on this. It was such a surprise that instead of using the NFL provided forum, where he could be seen by 25 teams, he went to a high school down the street where something like 6 teams got to see him. And somehow he had 4+ free agent WR's ready to go to demonstrate his skills. Yeah, sure it was last minute. Just stop dude.

:bs:

He wasn't blackballed. He made himself persona-non-grata by putting himself above the team. Using your logic, Ray Rice was blackballed too.

It would have been a bigger mistake to be signed and then not kneel during the anthem as then people would say the prior protesting was not sincere or legitimate and that he was sacrificing his principals just to play again (and probably a hypocrite too).

People are still talking about this has been who never was?
Hey he led the 29th ranked passing offense as least as good as the 28th ranked.

With Chip Kelley as his coach and Jeremy Kerley as his top WR after his top 3 or 4 WRs had been injured. :coffee:
Always someone else's fault. Daniel Jones seems to be doing just fine with David Sills and Richie James as his top receivers. Do we agree Kappy in his prime is worse than Daniel Jones 2022?

With Chip Kelley as his coach and Jeremy Kerley as his top WR after his top 3 or 4 WRs had been injured. :coffee:

Squis, you have been carrying his torch for 6 years now.

I really wanted for Detroit to kick the tires on Kappy this pre-season, but now I think we both know it is over. Agree? Or no?

Always someone else's fault. Daniel Jones seems to be doing just fine with David Sills and Richie James as his top receivers. Do we agree Kappy in his prime is worse than Daniel Jones 2022?

No, we don't agree...Jeremy Kerley was solely a possession, move the chains receiver at 5"9 and 188 pounds and became the top WR for most of the season as those above him on the depth chart went down.

I really wanted for Detroit to kick the tires on Kappy this pre-season, but now I think we both know it is over. Agree? Or no?

No.

No, we don't agree...Jeremy Kerley was solely a possession, move the chains receiver at 5"9 and 188 pounds and became the top WR for most of the season as those above him on the depth chart went down.
Now do Richie James and David Sills

Are they for the remainder of the season?

He's 6-1 with those guys. Stop moving the goalposts. Kaepernick sucked and couldn't elevate his team. It's always someone else's fault. A winner like Daniel Jones doesn't make excuses

He's 6-1 with those guys. Stop moving the goalposts. Kaepernick sucked and couldn't elevate his team. It's always someone else's fault. A winner like Daniel Jones doesn't make excuses

With Chip Kelly as your coach and Jeremy Kerley as your top WR for most of the season, Joe Montana couldn't have elevated that team much better IMHO.

With Chip Kelly as your coach and Jeremy Kerley as your top WR for most of the season, Joe Montana couldn't have elevated that team much better IMHO.
:lmao:
David Jones >>>> Kappy. Not even close. Case closed.

No.

No? Are you still thinking it will happen next season?

No.

I would say at that point it is probably unlikely. :frown:

What about the next year? Or the next year? Or the next year? Without help from Alex Smith he can't get better than 29th.

My exact words from above (in case you didn't bother to read it):

I would say at that point it is probably unlikely.

Chip Kelly's record as an NFL head coach when his starting QB was Colin Kaepernick: 1-10
Chip Kelly's record an an NFL head coach when his starting QB was anyone else: 27-25

These are facts.

Chip Kelly's record as an NFL head coach when his starting QB was Colin Kaepernick: 1-10
Chip Kelly's record an an NFL head coach when his starting QB was anyone else: 27-25

These are facts.

Meh. Context is everything. Like maybe he had better players with the Eagles or was in a weaker division. The situation with the Eagles and the 49ers could be different for lots of reason. And Kelly never coached again in the NFL after his disastrous one year stint with the 49ers, did he?

Last edited:

These are facts.

Meh. Context is everything. Like maybe he had better players with the Eagles or was in a weaker division. The situation with the Eagles and the 49ers could be different for lots of reason. And Kelly never coached again in the NFL after his disastrous one year stint with the 49ers, did he?
Yeah Kappy sucked. Dozens of posters have tried explaining this to you but you are blind because of his wokeness

Yeah Kappy sucked. Dozens of posters have tried explaining this to you but you are blind because of his wokeness

I can't think of any other reason

Give Kap credit ... his play on the field wasn't going to be remembered or continue to make him millions ......... his kneeling for a few seconds did though. It was a brilliant move on Kap's part to be honest

This pretty much sums it up. In any pro sports it is all about risk-reward in signing players that have baggage. A-Brown got a couple of extra chances as he was still one of the best WRs, now AB is not worth it anymore.

In an interview with former NFL player Emmanuel Acho said he doesn't think Colin will ever play in the NFL again.
Acho mentions that the NFL has a "cost-benefit analysis" it uses to determine how beneficial it is for them to work with a player. Considering all the tension surrounding Colin's name, the risk-reward is not worth it to any organization.

It would have been a bigger mistake to be signed and then not kneel during the anthem as then people would say the prior protesting was not sincere or legitimate and that he was sacrificing his principals just to play again (and probably a hypocrite too).

The "kneeling" phase is over in the NFL.

All he had to do is say "I got my point across" now let's move on to really do something. Kneeling actually was a distraction to what he was protesting as everyone was only concerned with the kneeling, the armed forces and the NA being played, not about any issues.

This pretty much sums it up. In any pro sports it is all about risk-reward in signing players that have baggage. A-Brown got a couple of extra chances as he was still one of the best WRs, now AB is not worth it anymore.

In an interview with former NFL player Emmanuel Acho said he doesn't think Colin will ever play in the NFL again.
Acho mentions that the NFL has a "cost-benefit analysis" it uses to determine how beneficial it is for them to work with a player. Considering all the tension surrounding Colin's name, the risk-reward is not worth it to any organization.

The "kneeling" phase is over in the NFL.

All he had to do is say "I got my point across" now let's move on to really do something. Kneeling actually was a distraction to what he was protesting as everyone was only concerned with the kneeling, the armed forces and the NA being played, not about any issues.

It wasn't a distraction because he got 10,000+ more times the attention and publcitiy for his cause than if he had held a weekly press conference or (as some here laughably proposed) had picketed a police station in a city where an unarmed black man had been shot by a LEO.

Users who are viewing this thread