What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Championship Questions (1 Viewer)

Arancione

Footballguy
Biggest question is who to start at QB and who to Flex, thanks in advance for your thoughts!

PPR - QB, 2 x RB, 2 x WR, TE, Flex (RB/WR/TE)

Current Lineup:

QB: Alex Smith (Nick Foles, Philip Rivers)

RB: Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon (Kenyan Drake, Dion Lewis, C.J. Anderson)

WR: A.J. Green, Adam Thielen (Jarvis Landry, Emmanuel Sanders)

TE: Travis Kelce (Evan Engram)

Flex: Jarvis Landry (Kenyan Drake, Dion Lewis, Evan Engram, Emmanuel Sanders)

Was thinking of sitting AJ for Landry and Flexing Drake, but thinking it would be smart o limit my exposure a bit and only play one or the other.

Who are the best players on your team? Play them regardless. 

QB I like Rivers simply because Alex doesn't typically go big at home.   Foles could be a hero again or revert back to why he was a backup in the first place.   Rivers/Smith/Foles in that order.  I can live with those decisions.   UNLESS ALLEN is out for LAC.  

RB Gurley/Gordon no brainer IMO. ...followed by Drake

WR: Landry, Thielen, 

TE KElce

Green or Drake in flex.   Green can drop 40pts but maybe red rifle out of ammo.  Drake will get a ton of volume. 

The other thought is you drafted green as WR #1  Put him in there.    There are 3 off players for MIA  Cutler, Landry, Drake.  If you think they'll have a good game great.    If you're worried exposure.   Gordon Plays with RIVERs.      Would you rather lose playing your best players or not best players?    Roster turmoil sets in when you can't live with the outcome of your decision if you're wrong. So find one you can live with even if you're wrong. 

@Tonycarpenter thanks for the input! Leaning Rivers over Smith as well (at Jets and my opponent has Keenan Allen), Foles was more of a pickup to avoid facing him in the final (opponent had Rogers and Keenum and just picked up Flacco). Not really worried about the exposure of Rivers and Gordon, but overexposure of Miami does worry me some.

Still debating on picking 2 from AJ, Landry and Drake.

Arancione said:
Biggest question is who to start at QB and who to Flex, thanks in advance for your thoughts!

PPR - QB, 2 x RB, 2 x WR, TE, Flex (RB/WR/TE)

Current Lineup:

QB: Alex Smith

RB: Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon

WR: A.J. Green, Thielen

TE: Travis Kelce

Flex: Landry (Kenyan Drake, Dion Lewis, Evan Engram, Emmanuel Sanders)

Was thinking of sitting AJ for Landry and Flexing Drake, but thinking it would be smart o limit my exposure a bit and only play one or the other.
I like it as is

I'd favor Rivers but since you are also playing Gordon you may want to diversify a bit in which case I'd go with Foles...and Drake as flex. Go Buffs

I'm rolling with Rivers over Smith.  Rivers had his bad game last week I think he bounces back with a big game this week.

Going to throw a wrench in the flex discussion.  I like Dion Lewis this week.  Bills run defense is BAD and Burkhead is out.  In PPR format, Lewis should have a great game.  

I like Landry and Thielen at WR.  I'd bench Green...though I know that's hard.  The Bengals have mailed it in scoring 14 points total the last two weeks.  The Lions are playing with purpose.

So...Green and Drake sitting this one out for me.  It's a tough call.  You have too many good options.  The downside of being a Championship team I guess.

Who are the best players on your team? Play them regardless. 

QB I like Rivers simply because Alex doesn't typically go big at home.   Foles could be a hero again or revert back to why he was a backup in the first place.   Rivers/Smith/Foles in that order.  I can live with those decisions.   UNLESS ALLEN is out for LAC.  

RB Gurley/Gordon no brainer IMO. ...followed by Drake

WR: Landry, Thielen, 

TE KElce

Green or Drake in flex.   Green can drop 40pts but maybe red rifle out of ammo.  Drake will get a ton of volume. 

The other thought is you drafted green as WR #1  Put him in there.    There are 3 off players for MIA  Cutler, Landry, Drake.  If you think they'll have a good game great.    If you're worried exposure.   Gordon Plays with RIVERs.      Would you rather lose playing your best players or not best players?    Roster turmoil sets in when you can't live with the outcome of your decision if you're wrong. So find one you can live with even if you're wrong. 
Green 

Users who are viewing this thread