What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone else host sewing parties? (1 Viewer)

MTskibum

Footballguy
First off, none of this is my fault. This is truly a story of no good deed goes unpunished.

As a little back story My buddy and i share a boat, it's his boat but he lets me use it whenever want because i pay for and perform most of the maintenance. I don't mind because it saves me a ton of money in the fact that i can use a boat whenever i want and i don't actually have to buy a boat or pay insurance/storage. He only uses the boat 5 times a year, he likes having a boat but would not be able to justify owning a boat if he had to pay a ton of money for maintenance that a salt water boat takes.

I picked it up from his place yesterday morning with the purpose of doing some boat maintenance(changing the ignition) and trailer maintenance, new tires, hubs, and bearing assemblies. When I picked it up i noticed that the canvas on the t-top was not very well secured. But, after i brought it to his attention he told me no big deal and he would add a couple more zip ties and it would be fine.

Below is what happened.

Pure disaster from the beginning, I wish i would have had more pictures, but will need to describe it. You know when you take a wrench and turn on the lug nut how the lug nut is supposed to twist off the bolt. It is always fun when you torque off the entire bolt, I had already planned on changing the bearing assembly, but just describing the amount of rust i had to deal with on everything.

I hate salt water boat trailers.

I am making him uber his butt over here after our wives go to sleep and we are going to have a sewing party under the stars. No way i am fixing that all by myself.

/RANT

Immediately after posting my kids and i got to sewing.

With their "help" I accomplished this after 30 minutes. I would push the needle through and the kids(6/8) would be standing their taking turns ready to grab it and pull the thread through. You would think with a 3 person team we could have accomplished more, but you would be mistaken.

I have never done any sewing, it is not really my thing, however I am using 100lb 8 strand fishing line. I guarantee you after I get done it will hold for the life of the rest of the canvas. It will look ugly, but it's not my boat :lol:

Electrician lifehack for the 1 person still reading this thread. Unlike sewing I am decent at electrical work. I needed a way to secure two drastically different gauge wires when installing the boat ignition. The below are so really easy and fast to use and hold the wire as good as a strong crimp. They are more expensive than normal crimp connectors by quite a bit, but are quite useful. If you want to do electrical work and struggle with connections you might consider this for your project.

Users who are viewing this thread