What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions: Draft complete. (8 Viewers)

132. Sione Vaki S, UTAH, 6-0 / 208 LBS. This is the type of guy Dan loves. I am not sure what their plans are for him. Primarily special teams and gadget plays on offense? I am undecided on this, but trust they have plans for him.
This pick really puzzled me- not because of the player but because of the offensive designation. Why move an All Pac 12 Safety to RB? Yes I know he had 2 massive games at RB but it really does seem like a stretch- especially when safety is a major need for the team and RB is not.

132. Sione Vaki S, UTAH, 6-0 / 208 LBS. This is the type of guy Dan loves. I am not sure what their plans are for him. Primarily special teams and gadget plays on offense? I am undecided on this, but trust they have plans for him.
This pick really puzzled me- not because of the player but because of the offensive designation. Why move an All Pac 12 Safety to RB? Yes I know he had 2 massive games at RB but it really does seem like a stretch- especially when safety is a major need for the team and RB is not.
My guess as an outsider is that they'll use him in multiple spots. He'll probably by ST captain by 2025/26, with pitching in on D when needed and as a cameo player on O.

My guess as an outsider is that they'll use him in multiple spots. He'll probably by ST captain by 2025/26, with pitching in on D when needed and as a cameo player on O.
Probably and I do get the need for ST help but if safety is a big need why not start there with him? Sounds like defense might not even be part of the plan since Vaki said when he met with the Lions it was their offensive staff, not their defensive staff. Who knows what the plans are and how it plays out but it is strange. It's not like this guy was some bum at safety. All Pac 12, 8th rated safety by PFF.

Probably and I do get the need for ST help but if safety is a big need why not start there with him? Sounds like defense might not even be part of the plan since Vaki said when he met with the Lions it was their offensive staff, not their defensive staff. Who knows what the plans are and how it plays out but it is strange. It's not like this guy was some bum at safety. All Pac 12, 8th rated safety by PFF.

I don't see safety as a big need at all. We loaded up our CB room, so we can now move Branch back to safety. With Iffy, Branch, and Kerby at safety, it is a pretty solid position.

I don't see safety as a big need at all. We loaded up our CB room, so we can now move Branch back to safety. With Iffy, Branch, and Kerby at safety, it is a pretty solid position.
I'm not convinced Branch is moving to safety.

I am sure we will be able to look back with hindsight and say, look we could have gotten this edge here or this WR here, but that is all hindsight. Brad had to act in real time not knowing what other teams will do and which players will turn into studs.

The Lions highly value character traits and athleticism. We get guys with extremely high football IQ who are dedicated into constantly improving. The formula works far far better than relying on media hype. Terrion Arnold is as classy of an individual as you will ever find.

I'm not convinced Branch is moving to safety.
It is possible, but the move balances the CB and safety rooms such that we can have our best players on the field.

Winning Players Win Football Games. Brad Holmes Knows That

The Detroit Lions like a very particular type of player — guys that won a lot of games in college

Some of the greatest upsets you will see in any sport come in European soccer. Teams with shoestring budgets and semi-pro players defeat teams who are household names across the world. The Moldovan club FC Sheriff, who even obsessive soccer fans have never heard of, can steal a late victory against Real Madrid, among the most famous sports properties on earth, in the Champions League. The American equivalent of this would be a junior college team defeating the Kansas City Chiefs.

These games can seem baffling. How can some of the greatest soccer players to ever play the sport find themselves even playing a competitive game against these guys from Moldova? There is an inherent randomness in sports — Sheriff won because Luxembourgish player Sebestian Thill happened to produce the best strike of his life in the 89th minute — but many speculate there is more to it. These types of upsets don’t just happen so often in European soccer because of dumb luck, but because these teams know how to win.

Sheriff, while unknown to a majority of fans, are absolutely dominant in Moldovan soccer. They have won eight straight league titles, and have been Champions of Moldova in 21 of the last 23 seasons. They, more than anything, are a program that knows how to win games.

The ability to “win games” is an interesting one. In theory, any talent a player has — athleticism, game IQ, stamina — helps their ability to win. But in team sports, the winner is not actually the team that “outplayed” the other team, but the one that converted more of their opportunities to complete a certain objective.

In soccer, it's putting the ball in the back of the net. Real Madrid dominated the game against Sheriff. They controlled the ball 75% of the time and registered 31 shots, compared to just four by their opponents — a seven-fold difference in scoring opportunities. Sheriff was thoroughly outplayed in this game. But, they converted two shots into goals, Madrid only converted one. Better luck next time, guys. (Real Madrid ended up winning the Champions League, defeating my beloved Liverpool FC in a final where they were out-shot and out-possessed by the Reds. It all comes full circle.)

In American football, this means converting first downs, ending redzone opportunities with touchdowns and creating turnovers and scoring off of them. Maintaining focus in big moments, not shriveling up when playing under the brightest lights. Playing all 60 minutes, not getting complacent and doing your job. Continuously working hard to maximize opportunities on every snap.

It may seem abstract. Too ambiguous to quantify. But having players who “know how to win games” can be a value for any sports team — or at least Brad Holmes seems to think so.

The Detroit Lions general manager has been at the helm of a massive transformation of the football team. Just Taylor Decker and Frank Ragnow have remained from the roster he originally took over in 2021 (Jaylen Reeves-Maybin and Graham Glasgow were both Lions draftees who left the team previously before returning last year). A franchise synonymous with losing for so long will enter the 2024 season among the favorites to win the Super Bowl.

Much ink has already been spilled about the importance of building through the draft. How so many of Holmes' star draft picks, especially after round 1, have fueled the quick turnaround. There are many traits associated with Lions draftees — players that are physical, locker room leaders, high effort — but one seems to be flying under the radar.

Holmes likes to draft players that win.

Every single player Detroit selected in the 2024 NFL draft played for a winning team last year. Terrion Arnold’s Alabama Crimson Tide were 12-2 SEC champions that played in the College Football Playoff. Ennis Rakestraw Jr., selected from the Missouri Tigers, was a part of a legendary year for the program, finishing an 11-2 season with a victory in the Sugar Bowl.

Great news....Lions sign Michigan kicker.

Bad news is it was Michigan Wolverine kicker and not the Panther one.

Looks like just another money badger. Accurate under 50.

My guess as an outsider is that they'll use him in multiple spots. He'll probably by ST captain by 2025/26, with pitching in on D when needed and as a kcameo player on O.
Swiss Army knife. I think they use him as one of the Kick off returners. Don’t want to risk Jamo or Arnold on those type of plays.
Kalif more suited for punt returns.

@DetroitOnLion
·
51m

Your weekly Michigan Panthers kicker Jake Bates update, and you may want to sit down for this one:

Bates went 1-for-3 today, with misses from 58 and 62 yards.

Made a 30 yarder.

Worth noting it was his first outdoor game with the Panthers.

@DetroitOnLion
·
51m

Your weekly Michigan Panthers kicker Jake Bates update, and you may want to sit down for this one:

Made a 30 yarder.

Lol...if anyone can hit 50 percent of their 60-yard attempts, they the GOAT. Justin Tucker is only 2 for 9 from 60 plus.

@DetroitOnLion
·
51m

Made a 30 yarder.

Lol...if anyone can hit 50 percent of their 60-yard attempts, they the GOAT. Justin Tucker is only 2 for 9 from 60 plus.

They played in pouring rain.

Both misses were long enough, missed the 58 yarder by less than 10', the 62 yarder by maybe a foot or two.

I will not be surprised if Rakestraw eventually ends up being our shutdown corner. He was pissed he was drafted that low and has that St. Brown chip on his shoulders. Despite being teammates with another great CB, teams rarely would throw at Rakeshaw. And his team is saying he was one of their fastest players but has been limited by injury, and is closer to 4.3 speed instead of 4.5.

So I can see Rakestraw and Mahogany being major steals in this draft.

I will not be surprised if Rakestraw eventually ends up being our shutdown corner. He was pissed he was drafted that low and has that St. Brown chip on his shoulders. Despite being teammates with another great CB, teams rarely would throw at Rakeshaw. And his team is saying he was one of their fastest players but has been limited by injury, and is closer to 4.3 speed instead of 4.5.

Two major surgeries in college is a small concern though especially for a skinnier player who is extremely physical. One thing with him you don’t have to worry about is having a chip on his shoulder though.

65 players under contract + 6 draftees +13 UDFA = 84.

Last 6 will presumably be 5 vet FA plus the legendary Jake Bates. Tracey Walker III might be back on a cheap deal, not much on the WR front out there but that wouldn’t surprise me too much.

Which positions for the last 3-4 to fill out the 90-man?

Much like Branch, both Arnold and Rakestraw play much faster than their 40 times. You didn't see WRs running away from any of them.

Two major surgeries in college is a small concern though especially for a skinnier player who is extremely physical.

3 years removed from the ACL so presumably he’s fully recovered. The groin/core muscle procedure is def a cause for some concern. Same injury that hampered Okudah his senior + rookie year, then overcompensation led to surgery on the opposite side.

But operating on the premise he’ll be good to go this summer, they really did a nice job of setting up CB for the next 4 years. This year chiefly with short term vets, and Ennis should develop into a plus starter by Y2.

Neither rookie is really a true shutdown. Their play speed is adequate on film, but they’re not burners. Saban ran a lot more zone than previous Bama teams in 2023, and Mizzou was a ton of off man. But they have enough press man snaps to demonstrate they’re capable.

Both are an incredibly good fit for Aaron Glenn’s scheme. Tough, feisty, physical, combative, excellent run defenders. They’re personalities are 180 out but Rakestraw has a reassuring quiet confidence.

Arnold s/b a day 1 starter but he’ll have to earn that.

Last edited:
Dane Brugler of The Athletic ranked the draft of all 32 teams. Detroit was 3rd best in his list.

Favorite pick: Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama

No. 10 on my board, Arnold was my highest-graded defensive player in the entire draft — and the Lions were able to trade up and get him at 24. Aside from the talent he brings to the roster, the fit is what makes this one of my favorite picks. Arnold is one of the most competitive players in the draft class, and he’s ideally wired not just for a cornerback, but especially for a Dan Campbell-coached cornerback.

Day 3 pick who could surprise: Christian Mahogany, G, Boston College

The Lions had a fascinating Day 3, including trading a 2025 third-round pick to draft Giovanni Manu, a project left tackle with rare tools. But it was Detroit’s two Round 6 picks that stood out — LSU’s Mekhi Wingo and Mahogany, who both ranked inside my top 100. Some medical questions caused Mahogany to fall, but he is a smash-mouth power blocker with lighter feet than expected. It won’t be a surprise if he is competing for a starting role in 2025.

Two major surgeries in college is a small concern though especially for a skinnier player who is extremely physical.

3 years removed from the ACL so presumably he’s fully recovered. The groin/core muscle procedure is def a cause for some concern. Same injury that hampered Okudah his senior + rookie year, then overcompensation led to surgery on the opposite side.

But operating on the premise he’ll be good to go this summer, they really did a nice job of setting up CB for the next 4 years. This year chiefly with short term vets, and Ennis should develop into a plus starter by Y2.

Neither rookie is really a true shutdown. Their play speed is adequate on film, but they’re not burners. Saban ran a lot more zone than precious Bama teams in 2023, and Mizzou was a ton of off man. But they have enough press man snaps to demonstrate they’re capable.

Both are an incredibly good fit for Aaron Glenn’s scheme. Tough, feisty, physical, combative, excellent run defenders. They’re personalities are 180 out but Rakestraw has a reassuring quiet confidence.

Rakeshaw acted a little disappointed when he was drafted by Lions, showed zero emotion. Hope it was just from shock.

Neither rookie is really a true shutdown. Their play speed is adequate on film, but they’re not burners. Saban ran a lot more zone than precious Bama teams in 2023, and Mizzou was a ton of off man. But they have enough press man snaps to demonstrate they’re capable.

Rakeshaw acted a little disappointed when he was drafted by Lions, showed zero emotion. Hope it was just from shock.

He clarified it. He was pissed at being drafted so low. He was pissed at the 31 teams who passed on him.

He clarified it. He was pissed at being drafted so low. He was pissed at the 31 teams who passed on him.
Yet another player with a chip on his shoulder. I love it.

Lions invested significant draft capital in their two projects Martin and Manu. It is going to be very interesting to see how they develop. Its weird the Lions got such value in their 6th round picks this year, but made bigger investments in project players. If either hits big its a worthy investment. But somewhere in all this Lions passed on the WR position.

Saw this on twitter by @michaelluchies , thought it was kind of funny:

My official draft grades for each 2024 Detroit Lions draft pick:

- Pick #24 T. Arnold: TBD

- Pick #61 E. Rakestraw: TBD

- Pick #126 G. Manu: TBD

- Pick #132 S. Vaki: TBD

- Pick #189 M. Wingo: TBD

- Pick #210 C. Mahogany: TBD

Our offensive lineup is pretty much set in stone outside of WR3, but I am very comfortable having DPJ and Kalif Raymond tying down that spot with Antonio Green battling to get some playing time.

The defense has more questions. DL it is pretty clear as Hutch, Alim, and Reader will be locks for the bulk playing time, with snaps at the other DE spot being a battle between Davenport, Houston, Pascal, and Betts. I can see those four guys giving us some decent production. It should be far better than last year where we got minimal production at that position..

Linebacker position is solid with Campbell and Anzalone leading the way with help from Barnes and Rodrigo.

Secondary we loaded up with vast improvement in the talent level. Who wins the CB1, CB2 and NCB spots and how these guys line up will be the most interesting part of camp. We have 4 or 5 guys who think they are CB1. Free agents Davis and Robertson were brought in to give us proven vets to take those top CB roles, but the draft brought in top picks Arnold and Rakestraw to be the future there, just how soon they are ready is the question. Branch is a lock for being the lineup as NCB or safety. We brought back Moseley who is a proven vet very capable of starting if he can recover. Iffy and Kerby give us great options at safety. Seeing how all this plays out will be the most interesting part of camp and will probably be fluid during the season. We have 8 very good players trying to fill 5 positions. That is a good problem to have versus last year when we had huge holes.

Will be a very fun season. This team is stacked with proven studs and many others who are capable. Even with ta much stronger division and a much tougher outside schedule, this team can still win 12 games.

Our offensive lineup is pretty much set in stone outside of WR3, but I am very comfortable having DPJ and Kalif Raymond tying down that spot with Antonio Green battling to get some playing time.

The defense has more questions. DL it is pretty clear as Hutch, Alim, and Reader will be locks for the bulk playing time, with snaps at the other DE spot being a battle between Davenport, Houston, Pascal, and Betts. I can see those four guys giving us some decent production. It should be far better than last year where we got minimal production at that position..

Linebacker position is solid with Campbell and Anzalone leading the way with help from Barnes and Rodrigo.

Secondary we loaded up with vast improvement in the talent level. Who wins the CB1, CB2 and NCB spots and how these guys line up will be the most interesting part of camp. We have 4 or 5 guys who think they are CB1. Free agents Davis and Robertson were brought in to give us proven vets to take those top CB roles, but the draft brought in top picks Arnold and Rakestraw to be the future there, just how soon they are ready is the question. Branch is a lock for being the lineup as NCB or safety. We brought back Moseley who is a proven vet very capable of starting if he can recover. Iffy and Kerby give us great options at safety. Seeing how all this plays out will be the most interesting part of camp and will probably be fluid during the season. We have 8 very good players trying to fill 5 positions. That is a good problem to have versus last year when we had huge holes.

Will be a very fun season. This team is stacked with proven studs and many others who are capable. Even with ta much stronger division and ita much tougher outside schedule, this team can still win 12 games.
It’s good to have a surplus of defensive backs. It seems that has been the position we have had many injuries to overcome.

Lions Depth Chart & Roster as of April 30, 2024

(several additions to the UDFA signings, plus a couple of local rookies who are coming to rookie minicamp on a tryout basis)

Quarterback (4)

Starter:
Jared Goff
Backup: Hendon Hooker
Reserves: Nate Sudfeld, Cade Peterson (Grand Valley State Rookie minicamp tryout)

The Lions don’t have a quarterback controversy currently. Jared Goff is the unquestioned starter, with Nate Sudfeld returning to compete with Hendon Hooker for the backup spot. In his first full year after missing most of his rookie campaign with injury, Hooker should be viewed as the favorite.

Running back (8)

Starter:
David Montgomery
Backup: Jahmyr Gibbs
Reserves: Craig Reynolds, Zonovan Knight, Sione Vaki (Rookie), Jermar Jefferson, Jake Funk, Michael Herzog (Hillsdale College Rookie minicamp tryout)

Montgomery and Gibbs give the Lions a stable 1-2 punch when healthy. The competition for the third spot will be intense. Reynolds is a veteran who has a solid understanding of the protections and the scheme, but the Lions are clearly infatuated with Vaki’s skill set. Knight, who missed most of last year with a shoulder injury, won’t go quietly either.

Wide receivers (11)

Starters:
Amon-Ra St. Brown (Slot), Jameson Williams, Donovan Peoples-Jones
Backups: Kalif Raymond (Slot), Tre’Quan Smith, Antoine Green
Reserves: Daurice Fountain, Tom Kennedy, Maurice Alexander, Jalon Calhoun (UDFA), Isaiah Williams (UDFA $240K GTD)

Right now, Peoples-Jones is the favorite to be the team’s third receiver along with Jamo and ARSB. He’ll have the benefit of a full offseason with the organization to learn the scheme, and has the ability to be an impact player in the offense.

Keep an eye on Smith, though, as he had good campaigns with the Saints. Green could also take a leap in his second NFL season. Isaiah Williams garnered a large amount of guaranteed money and could be a dark horse to earn a roster spot.

Tight end (5)

Starter:
Sam LaPorta
Backup: Brock Wright
Reserves: James Mitchell, Shane Zylstra, Isaac Rex (UDFA)

There’s no question about LaPorta, or even Wright, when it comes to their status in 2024. The battle will be for the third spot, as Mitchell and Zylstra will look to earn their spot after recent injuries. Rex is also an interesting UDFA addition.

Offensive tackle (5)

Starters:
Taylor Decker (Left), Penei Sewell (Right)
Backups: Dan Skipper, Giovanni Manu (Rookie)
Reserves: Connor Galvin

The Lions asserted Sewell as a franchise cornerstone with a large contract extension. Decker is a little more uncertain as he enters the last year of his contract.

Skipper will provide good depth as the team’s swing tackle, while Manu will provide good competition while still developing.

Offensive guard (7)

Starters:
Graham Glasgow (Left), Kevin Zeitler (Right)
Backups: Kayode Awosika, Christian Mahogany (Rookie)
Reserves: Colby Sorsdal, Matt Farniok, Netane Muti

An interesting battle should take place between the trio of Mahogany, Awosika and Sorsdal for the backup guard role. Awosika was better than Sorsdal in spurts last year, so he ended the year with the upper hand.

With a clean slate and a new face in Mahogany, who fell into the Lions’ laps in the sixth round, this battle may be one of the best in training camp.

Center (5)

Starter:
Frank Ragnow
Backup: Michael Niese
Reserves: Duke Clemens (UDFA $60K GTD), Bryan Hudson (UDFA), Kingsley Eguakun (UDFA $245K GTD)

Ragnow will hold this role as long as he’s healthy, and guard Graham Glasgow is likely the first in line to back him up if injuries continue to bother the veteran. Niese was a practice squad promotion at points last year, while it remains to be seen what the Lions have in Clemens and Hudson. Eguakun, a Senior Bowl and Combine invitee, was a late signing and landed the most GTD of their 15 UDFA signings.

Nose tackle (2)

Starter:
DJ Reader
Backup: Brodric Martin

Reader may have been Detroit’s biggest addition of the offseason, as he gives the team an experienced nose tackle. He’ll do wonders for the run-stopping effort. Martin, meanwhile, could see a bigger role after being largely a healthy scratch in 2023.

Defensive tackle (4)

Starter:
Alim McNeill
Backup: Mekhi Wingo (Rookie)
Reserves: Levi Onwuzurike, Chris Smith

McNeill took steps toward becoming a star for the Lions last season. He concentrated on getting into elite shape, and as a result, can be a three-down player. Wingo was a Draft steal who will immediately push Levi Onwuzurike and compete for rotational playing time.

Defensive end/EDGE (9)

Starters:
Aidan Hutchinson, Marcus Davenport
Backups: John Cominsky, Josh Paschal
Reserves: James Houston, Mathieu Betts, Mitchell Agude, Isaac Ukwu (UDFA $35K GTD), Nate Lynn (UDFA)

Another of the more entertaining position battles this offseason will take place at this position. Opposite Hutchinson, the Lions have several options. Davenport gets the nod here as he returns to health and brings a veteran presence, but Paschal had an encouraging end to the season and Houston is back to full health.

There’s also Cominsky, who has been solid against the run in two seasons but saw his role become lesser as the season wore on. Betts is a wild card who was the CFL Defensive Player of The Year last year.

MIKE linebacker (2)

Starter:
Jack Campbell
Backup: Derrick Barnes

Campbell should take a leap in 2024 and earn the starting job as Detroit’s MIKE linebacker. Still, Barnes will compete for the job and should see plenty of playing time in rotational situations.

WILL linebacker (5)

Starter:
Alex Anzalone
Backup: Malcolm Rodriguez
Reserves: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, Steele Chambers (UDFA), DaRon Gilbert (UDFA)

Anzalone has a hold on this position. The veteran has had back-to-back 100-tackle seasons wearing the ‘green dot’ for the defense. Rodriguez is entering a crucial third season after spending some time on the offensive side as the fullback last year.

Reeves-Maybin had his moments as a rusher on passing downs but will likely be at his best as a core special teamer.

Cornerbacks (9)
Starters:
Carlton Davis, Terrion Arnold (Rookie)
Backups: Emmanuel Moseley, Ennis Rakestraw Jr. (Rookie)
Reserves: Kindle Vildor, Craig James, Khalil Dorsey, Steven Gilmore, Morice Norris (UDFA)

It won’t be easy given the revamped depth at this position, but Arnold is in good position to be a day-one starter. With the luxury of depth, the Lions won’t have to feel pressure to play either Arnold or Rakestraw right away if they aren’t ready.

Moseley should help if he returns to full health, and Vildor played plenty of meaningful snaps as a starter down the stretch of last season.

Nickel cornerback (2)

Starter:
Brian Branch
Backup: Amik Robertson

The nickel position could be up for grabs this year if Branch sees more time at safety. He looked at home in this spot, though, and should excel with a full year of development. Robertson will also be in the mix to start as an outside corner but is versatile enough to play in either spot.

Safety (5)

Starters:
Kerby Joseph, Ifeatu Melifonwu
Backups: Brandon Joseph, Chelen Garnes (UDFA), Loren Strickland (UDFA)

Though depth appears bare at this position, the depth at cornerback could allow the Lions to be flexible. Kerby Joseph is out until training camp after having hip surgery, so Brandon Joseph will get a look during OTAs after spending last year on the practice squad.

Special teams (5)

Kicker:
Michael Badgley, James Turner (UDFA)
Punter: Jack Fox
Long-snapper: Scott Daly, Hogan Hatten (UDFA)

That's 86 on the 90-man roster, plus 2 rookies coming in for tryouts. Still have 4 spots for FA signings. After accounting for the Draft Class, the Lions have $23.4M in effective Cap Space, 8th most in the league.

They generally like to end TC with around $10M to give them flexibility for in-season signings, trades, et al. They may also choose to extend one of the remaining starters from the 2021 draft class who are going into their final year of their rookie deals (Alim McNeil, Ifeatu Melifonwu, Derrick Barnes.)

ARSB & Sewell extensions are not on the books yet and won't count against this season.

Lions invested significant draft capital in their two projects Martin and Manu. It is going to be very interesting to see how they develop. Its weird the Lions got such value in their 6th round picks this year, but made bigger investments in project players. If either hits big its a worthy investment. But somewhere in all this Lions passed on the WR position.

This was my little beef with the draft. Those picks felt like I am the smartest guy in the room.

Deepest receiver draft in awhile and they need a 3rd wide reciever and you always need pass rusher they didn't get either.

That's 86 on the 90-man roster, plus 2 rookies coming in for tryouts. Still have 4 spots for FA signings. After accounting for the Draft Class, the Lions have $23.4M in effective Cap Space, 8th most in the league.

They generally like to end TC with around $10M to give them flexibility for in-season signings, trades, et al. They may also choose to extend one of the remaining starters from the 2021 draft class who are going into their final year of their rookie deals (Alim McNeil, Ifeatu Melifonwu, Derrick Barnes.)

ARSB & Sewell extensions are not on the books yet and won't count against this season.
They could also reduce Goff's cap hit if they extend him

Apparently the Lions had a deal with Seattle worked out for the 16th pick, but backed out when Latu went off the board at 15.

I heard Jon Jansen talking about the learning curve switching sides and positions. But on the positive side he would be sandwiched between Sewell and Ragnow, he would be protected. His high athleticism could help him get low enough to leverage shorter d linemen and overcome that height difference.
His learning curve here is already pretty steep so why not just make a total reset.

Zay Jones released by thr Jags. Lions need a 3rd receiver and he is solid.

6 months after being arrested for DV? Don’t see that happening.
Missed that, yes pass. I think they are happier than we think about the room. Not that it automatically will translate to better production, but I heard on the radio that DPJ put on a noticeable amount of lean muscle and has been working his tail off. Raymond is a guy who is probably underrated. As long as Jamo can start getting defenses attention I think we will be fine. I still wouldn’t mind bringing Chark back for depth.

Missed that, yes pass. I think they are happier than we think about the room. Not that it automatically will translate to better production, but I heard on the radio that DPJ put on a noticeable amount of lean muscle and has been working his tail off. Raymond is a guy who is probably underrated. As long as Jamo can start getting defenses attention I think we will be fine. I still wouldn’t mind bringing Chark back for depth.

DJ or Tyler Boyd probably the best options still out there.

Yes, although I prefer Chark because of his ability to play outside as well as his previous chemistry with Goff.

Boyd is a welfare version of St. Brown. Chark would be decent.

Users who are viewing this thread