What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Cowboys Thread. “Dak doesn’t play for money”. Well then shut up and sign a league minimum deal (2 Viewers)

So if Dak convincingly beats Lamar in almost all catagories during arguably an MVP season then craps the bed in the playoffs, only to be said he should be cut, traded, etc.
What is being said about Lamar who basically gave this game away with overthrows and INT’s ? In Dallas, it was the Defense that gave up 45 points and made Love look like Rodgers. In Baltimore, the Defense held Mahomes to 17 points.
Hmmmm
My Dad is a Die Hard Ravens Fan. He's not happy, but to put into context, this is why Lamar kinda gets excused more and Dak does not.

How many All Pro Players did the Cowboys have and how many All Pro players did the Ravens have, outside of each QB? Didn't the Cowboys have 3 All Pro offensive lineman?

Just to compare a little

Dak weapons: All Pro WR CD Lamb, Pro Bowl TE Jake Ferguson, 3 All Pro Offensive lineman. A few role players at WR/RB.
Lamar Weapons: A Rookie WR, a backup tight end (although Andrews did play in the AFCCG), a few role players at WR/RB.

This in part is why Lamar gets MVP front runner status, and Dak kinda gets the Purdy treatment - "Cool stats, but who couldn't put up great stats with these weapons"

Anyway, carry on!

So if Dak convincingly beats Lamar in almost all catagories during arguably an MVP season then craps the bed in the playoffs, only to be said he should be cut, traded, etc.
What is being said about Lamar who basically gave this game away with overthrows and INT’s ? In Dallas, it was the Defense that gave up 45 points and made Love look like Rodgers. In Baltimore, the Defense held Mahomes to 17 points.
Hmmmm
My Dad is a Die Hard Ravens Fan. He's not happy, but to put into context, this is why Lamar kinda gets excused more and Dak does not.

How many All Pro Players did the Cowboys have and how many All Pro players did the Ravens have, outside of each QB? Didn't the Cowboys have 3 All Pro offensive lineman?

Just to compare a little

Dak weapons: All Pro WR CD Lamb, Pro Bowl TE Jake Ferguson, 3 All Pro Offensive lineman. A few role players at WR/RB.
Lamar Weapons: A Rookie WR, a backup tight end (although Andrews did play in the AFCCG), a few role players at WR/RB.

This in part is why Lamar gets MVP front runner status, and Dak kinda gets the Purdy treatment - "Cool stats, but who couldn't put up great stats with these weapons"

Anyway, carry on!

Lamar would have better weapons if he could hit the broad side of a barn. He’s AWFUL at quarterback.

He might be the hardest guy to tackle in the league. Unfortunately that doesn’t help you read defenses and throw guys open with accuracy.

Hmmmm

Just to compare a little

Anyway, carry on!

Lamar would have better weapons if he could hit the broad side of a barn. He’s AWFUL at quarterback.

He might be the hardest guy to tackle in the league. Unfortunately that doesn’t help you read defenses and throw guys open with accuracy.
I don't disagree with you. I'm just saying. Trade out Likely and Zay Flowers + offensive line for CD Lamb, Ferguson and 3 All Pro OL guys, I'm sure some statistics would change.

To me they are the same QB when the lights get bright in the playoffs though.

Hmmmm

Just to compare a little

Anyway, carry on!

I don't disagree with you. I'm just saying. Trade out Likely and Zay Flowers + offensive line for CD Lamb, Ferguson and 3 All Pro OL guys, I'm sure some statistics would change.

Lamar and Hurts are the same guy. I’d say Hurts is a better passer but not the same runner (even before last year)

I’ll never stop saying it. When these running guys face playoff defenses they look like deer in the headlights. To be fair it happens to more skilled passers (Like Dak,) too.

FTR/ I’m not suggesting Dak is a precision passer. (Rarely hits guys in stride).

Hmmmm

Just to compare a little

Anyway, carry on!

Lamar and Hurts are the same guy. I’d say Hurts is a better passer but not the same runner (even before last year)

I’ll never stop saying it. When these running guys face playoff defenses they look like deer in the headlights. To be fair it happens to more skilled passers (Like Dak,) too.

FTR/ I’m not suggesting Dak is a precision passer. (Rarely hits guys in stride).

Jalen Hurts in last years Superbowl: 27-38, 304 yds, 1 TD, 0 Ints; 15 rushes, 70 yards, 3 TDs

He didn't throw an INT in last years playoffs. If that's a deer in headlights, I'll take it.

ETA: Mahomes only threw for 182 yards in last years Superbowl. Hurts was the best player on the field that day.

Classic Jerry. His team can't make it to the Super Bowl anymore, so he throws out a comment that he knows will get everyone talking the week before the Super Bowl. This is so predictable. :lol:

Hmmmm

Just to compare a little

Anyway, carry on!

which is why their gameplan to not run the ball at all is so baffling

Hmmmm

Just to compare a little

Anyway, carry on!

hurts is already a better passer than lamar. he does have better weapons though and that helps

Classic Jerry. His team can't make it to the Super Bowl anymore, so he throws out a comment that he knows will get everyone talking the week before the Super Bowl. This is so predictable. :lol:
I mean Jerry literally said something "If they are talking about the Cowboys, we are doing things right, b/c thats what I want"

And everyone knows this. Selling tickets/merchandise and being talked about trumps winning it all/going on deep playoff runs.

What he fears the most is having a rebuild/down year. As long as they are OK, he is OK.

Did Quinn come under fire for the defensive effort (?) they had against Green Bay? I imagine the Hardline and the beat writers were less than kind, but I don't have my finger on the pulse of Dallas media anymore. That was.......something.

Did Quinn come under fire for the defensive effort (?) they had against Green Bay? I imagine the Hardline and the beat writers were less than kind, but I don't have my finger on the pulse of Dallas media anymore. That was.......something.

He’s under fire for having no run defense and being completely predictable as we were in the Lion’s game. Cover Zero blitzes were obvious and over used.

4-2-5 just not cutting it.

Why was Parsons not moved around or played at LB.

Would Belichick even consider being a DC for a year and team up with Dallas, help them get over the hump and then line up his next HC gig?
I just don't see BB going to the studio and he's not getting hired as a Head Coach this year.

-The Pats were not that bad on defense, they just had no offense.
I doubt it could ever happen but JJ is capable of soothing people and I do appreciate that he is talking nice about BB and expressing an interest in making him part of the Cowboys.

I have a lot of issues with JJ and still think until he is no longer that Dallas has a ceiling to what they will achieve.
But if you could bring in BB in some capacity DC/Asst HC, I think it would make Dallas stronger.

I don't blame Jerry for dreaming

Would Belichick even consider being a DC for a year and team up with Dallas, help them get over the hump and then line up his next HC gig?
I just don't see BB going to the studio and he's not getting hired as a Head Coach this year.

I doubt it could ever happen but JJ is capable of soothing people and I do appreciate that he is talking nice about BB and expressing an interest in making him part of the Cowboys.

I have a lot of issues with JJ and still think until he is no longer that Dallas has a ceiling to what they will achieve.
But if you could bring in BB in some capacity DC/Asst HC, I think it would make Dallas stronger.

Jerry talked about Bill?

Jerry talked about Bill?
"There's no doubt we could work together"
"None. None"

I thought that was what folks were eluding to about Jerry Jones wanting to steal the spotlight leading up the Super Bowl

I could absolutely see that. BB wants to coach winning football. I could also see Jerruh bringing him in as a next-in-line if MM's act wears thin.

Or maybe BB takes a year off. Enjoys the fruits of his labor, then makes his valiant return. Not like there's ever a shortage of coaching vacancies.

Jerry talked about Bill?
"There's no doubt we could work together"
"None. None"

I thought that was what folks were eluding to about Jerry Jones wanting to steal the spotlight leading up the Super Bowl
Gotcha. I didn't know he said that.

Interesting.

Prescott and McCarthy could both be gone after the 2924 season.

I think we’ll all be gone then
Yet Jerruh will remain alive.
I wonder what the difference will be between Jerry and Stephen when that happens.

I think Stephen has more input than people realize. We owe him a debt of gratitude when he talked pops out of taking Johnny Football with the 16th overall pick in the 2014 draft (where we took Zach Martin).

Thanks, Stephen...

Why was Parsons not moved around or played at LB
We were just outperformed, outschemed, however you want to put it,” Parsons said, via Pro Football Talk. “Like, they had an answer for everything. And people saying, ‘Well, why didn’t you go to linebacker? Because, you know, ‘They said you could stop the run.’ Well, guess what? The packages are in for me to go to linebacker. There’s multiple packages, multiple variations, but I can only play what is called. Whatever the call is, whatever personnel they’re putting on. I’m not putting out personnel. I’m not putting out the calls. Nothing’s coming from me, so you could put that wherever you want to be or wherever you want to put it, but they’re not coming from me.”

I think at this point with Parson’s there are three options:

-Move him to more of a traditional LB spot
-Move our D to have more of a 3-4 look. (Yes, I know teams are in Nickel/Dime like 60% of the time).
-Trade him

I think at this point with Parson’s there are three options:

-Move him to more of a traditional LB spot
-Move our D to have more of a 3-4 look. (Yes, I know teams are in Nickel/Dime like 60% of the time).
-Trade him
Curious about this, considering the historic pass rushing numbers he has put up for his first 3 years, why would you ever want him as an off-ball LB?
Also, why would you trade him?

The 3-4 conversion seems more plausible. Plug Mazi in at NT, Lawrence could play a 3-4 end pretty easily. I do not think having the 210 lb guy as a MLB is a good idea though, so you would definitely need more LBs.

Users who are viewing this thread