What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Cowboys Thread. Tyler meet Tyler… also did you meet Tyler??? (1 Viewer)

Ok. Complain about the LB if you want. But the first three were #27, #32 and #38 on Dane Brugler's top 100. By trading down I guess they get an extra pick to reach for a guy they must have really wanted. I'm good with it.

If you want to put a smile on your face - go watch some Beebe’s highlight vids. I was chortling with delight, my wife even gave me side eye, asking what the heck I was watching.

This guy is a pissed-off heat seeking blocking missle.

I LOVE this pick and if he can play Center (which sounds like is the plan) with this level and intensity - he will quickly become a fan fav.

Please go watch….

Beebe never played center in college. He played the other 4 positions effectively though. He is working with a coach and learning to play center. He is a great guard.

Perhaps one of Jaylen Wright or Ray Davis lands in Dallas.

No 4th round pick. The 5th rounder is very late. No idea who will be there or if they'll take an RB, but I'm hoping for Vidal, expecting Shipley.
Zeke baby !
Have you posted this in multiple places? You must still have lots of Zeke. It would be sad if you're still hoping something for Zeke Elliott. Hell, he's not even better than Dwodle.

No 4th round pick. The 5th rounder is very late. No idea who will be there or if they'll take an RB, but I'm hoping for Vidal, expecting Shipley.
Zeke baby !
Have you posted this in multiple places? You must still have lots of Zeke. It would be sad if you're still hoping something for Zeke Elliott. Hell, he's not even better than Dwodle.
I only have 1 share of Zeke but he was a favorite of mine for years. I have the Zeke/Dowdle combo in that league as well. Zeke looked fine in NE. I still think he has juice. Derrick Henry is age 30 from the same draft class Zeke is younger and everyone still loves Henry he is a 2nd round pick in redraft.

Zeke baby !
I only have 1 share of Zeke but he was a favorite of mine for years. I have the Zeke/Dowdle combo in that league as well. Zeke looked fine in NE. I still think he has juice. Derrick Henry is age 30 from the same draft class Zeke is younger and everyone still loves Henry he is a 2nd round pick in redraft.

Fine? He averaged 3.5 YPC. That's horrendous.

If you want to put a smile on your face - go watch some Beebe’s highlight vids. I was chortling with delight, my wife even gave me side eye, asking what the heck I was watching.

This guy is a pissed-off heat seeking blocking missle.

I LOVE this pick and if he can play Center (which sounds like is the plan) with this level and intensity - he will quickly become a fan fav.

Please go watch….

Best guard in the draft says Baldinger

Here is my no serious research, blind prediction:

1. OL
2. RB
3. C. I think we stick with the tradition of picking from Wisconsin and grab Tanor Bortolini.
4. DT

It gets real murky after that. A couple of CB's, maybe another RB.
I had a feeling we were going to hit the OL twice early, but...man, I thought we had a RB targeted in the 2nd.

1. OL
2. RB
3. C. I think we stick with the tradition of picking from Wisconsin and grab Tanor Bortolini.
4. DT

I had a feeling we were going to hit the OL twice early, but...man, I thought we had a RB targeted in the 2nd.

Keep drafting OLinemen until you and I can run the ball.

1. OL
2. RB
4. DT

Keep drafting OLinemen until you and I can run the ball.
Good thing because they just signed you and I in the form of Zeke Elliott 🤦🏻‍♂️

After spending some time digesting who they took, when they took them and who they passed on to take them, I give this draft a big fat A-. The reason it's not an A is because I wanted BPA in the 2nd and that meant another OL. Both Rosengarten and Suamataia grade higher than Kneeland, imo, and either would be my preference. I'm paranoid about the OL losses and believe OL is key to everything. Also, they apparently could have moved back for an extra pick and still landed Liufau.

The run D was pathetic and this draft class wasn't very helpful. Murphy, Sweat and Newton being the best options. Two of them undersized for the work, and all three gone before Dallas had a 2nd pick. The best of available edge guys were pass rushers, a little undersized, and I saw them all dominated against the better OTs. Not Kneeland. He's got size. He's a bull whose strength is setting the edge in run D. Something this team needs. In run support he reminds me of Crosby. He's nothing close to Max pass rushing, but he's similar to Lawrence who's getting up there. His big board rank was around 40 with some seeing him in the back of round 1. Getting him at 56 is value meeting need despite me thinking a couple better bpas were out there. He should earn snaps in the rotation from the start, add a physical presence on early downs, hopefully give Micah a needed breather when needed, and improve the D's biggest weakness. A-

Puka Nacua's cousin, Marist Liufau (lee-uh-fow) was a reach. We're fantasy guys. We understand sometimes you reach for your guy. He was their guy. He impressed their Notre Dame scout all season and everyone at the Senior Bowl. They had an informal visit at the Combine, sent McCarthy and McClay to his Pro Day, then brought him in for a 30 visit where Zimmer fell in love with his football IQ. Prospect player profiles always use a flawed outline including strengths and weaknesses. Marist doesn't have weaknesses so they make things up. He's complete, just not freaky athletic or dynamic. Run support? Check. Pass coverage? Check. Blitzing? Check. Leadership? Check. Special teams? Check. And so on. Team captain and QB of the defense, he's a candidate for the green dot when Hendricks is done. It's rumored Dallas had intel that some 20+ teams were targeting him. His performance against USC put him on every radar. Sacked Caleb twice, forced an interception, and played containment spy to perfection all day (Hurts and now Daniels need spying). Moving down meant going to bed without him Friday night. They didn't like the risk. To take him they left a better more dynamic LB for the Steelers (albeit pretty old and injury prone). To take him they left another draft pick on the table. They reached for their guy. B-

I fell asleep during the long wait for pick 174. When asked why no RB, Steven Jones said they had RBs on their board but they fell during this long wait. Well, my guy Kimani Vidal was available and went just a few picks later to the Chargers. Zeke is back, so there's that. Nonetheless, I was half asleep when I saw pick 174 and I let out a little woot woot hell yeah. Brugler had Caelen Carson around 100 on his big board. A solid 4th rounder. Zierlein had him as a 3rd rounder. Getting him at 174 is nice value. Sleepy me was sure he was already taken. Daron Bland all over again? Yeah, maybe. As a sophomore when Wake Forest was pretty good (ranked 15th for a bit) Carson had a break-out year and earned PFF's top grade for all cover corners. Wake was horrible the next two years and teams mostly avoided Carson so he slipped under the radar, I s'pose. He's cocky, confident and talented. I'm aware he gave up two tds to Keon Coleman in an ugly blow out. It's an anomaly. Similar happened to every CB in this draft. Great pick this late. A

The bottom of the draft isn't worth grading. Historically they're little more than lottery tickets. Dallas finished picking defense with 350 pound DT Justin Rogers down in irrelevance territory. Once the top rated HS recruit out of Michigan, he plugged the middle for Kentucky and Auburn for 4 years. What little I could find to watch showed a solid but athletically limited anchor for the interior D-line. He's good plugging things up, and really good shedding guards and centers to wrap up an RB. He's not explosive or light on his feet, not a pass rusher or disruptive, but with pick 244 they took a swing at their weakness up the middle. Worth a shot. Developmental.

Before taking Rogers at the end of the 7th they took a 3rd OL with pick 233 in Louisiana OT Nathan Thomas. I like it. He's got all the tools. Long powerful arms and broad shoulders. Big strong hands. Low center of gravity with a big strong booty. Nasty dominant alpha attitude enthusiastically seeking 2nd level work. Quick athletic feet. Played some hoops and TE before growing into LT. He's never played on the interior. He's undisciplined, sloppy, fundamentally atrocious, and fun to watch. He's young. I enjoyed an interview. Nice kid. At 22 he sounded more like 17. No team is better than Dallas coaching and developing O-lineman. Perfect project. Welcome to the practice squad. Should listen to the coaches when they move him to guard, but listening to coaches might not be a thing.

In the 6th they took a WR who profiles like Thomas. Ryan Flournoy has the tools to be successful. Some of the wannabe expert podcast guys chose him as their favorite sleeper. He has good size, good strength, good speed, great hands and seems highly motivated to make it. He proved he belonged against better competition at the Senior Bowl and that started some modest buzz. I think his routes are lazy. If they had to go WR at this point I guess this project has better upside than the options, but the options were the two USC guys and the #2 from Michigan. Those three have higher floors. Be prepared for lots of Jalen Tolbert this coming season. Flournoy isn't ready.

As a wee lad I saw Jim Brown run all over Dallas on a rainy day in the Cotton Bowl. I'm old. I've learned being pessimistic is best for my mental health. Being pleasantly surprised is better than being bitterly disappointed. So the gushing to follow is out of character for me. I love what they did with the 1st rounder. I knew Guyton was the pick before the trade down and said so in the fbg live chat after Fuaga was taken at 14. He just made too much sense. Higher rated OLs all profiled as potential guards. Guyton is pure tackle with elite potential. That's what they lost and what they needed. I could go on and on but this is already too long. Dallas turns 1st round OLs into pro-bowlers and Guyton was far and away the best option. Our bitter rival's all-pro LT, Lane Johnson said he thinks Guyton is the best LT prospect in the draft. I think a tier of Alt, Latham, Fuaga, Fashanu and Guyton is hard to separate. But that is a tier at LT. Period. Getting one of them this late and getting an early 3rd rounder was the deal of the draft. A+

I chose Beebe for Dallas in the group mock here with the 2nd rounder and have just grown to like him more since then. Wanna smile? Watch him on Youtube for awhile. He led NCAA football in pancakes for 4 years. He says he likes dirtin' guys. Putting them in the dirt. Sometimes two on the same play. He made 1st team All-American two years in a row. Baldinger thinks he's the best guard in this class, and I agree. His run blocking is ridiculous especially out in space. His pass protection is almost as good. The definition of an anchor. Built like a tank. Team captain and flawless technically. Getting him with a pick from Detroit that rendered Guyton? Deal of the draft. Steal of the draft. My OL paranoia is gone. A+

Users who are viewing this thread