What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: Sad Minnesota fan remembers Vikings season is up next (41 Viewers)

Bally Sports is Bankrupt as Xfinity is informing me on the screen
Wow!

No Heat, Marlins, Rays, Lightning, WPT, lot of stuff I catch on Bally which used ot be Fox Sports I think.

Wow!

No Heat, Marlins, Rays, Lightning, WPT, lot of stuff I catch on Bally which used ot be Fox Sports I think.
I believe Amazon bought the rights to at least their nba games, though still unclear exactly how they are going to roll that out. I would assume MLB would handle the rays and Marlins like they did the padres last year, at least for some time.

In its 2-minute report, NBA says refs missed a travel on Tyrese Maxey on his 4-point play late in 4th Q of PHI’s Game 5 win vs NYK.

Kidd finally going big big and playing Maxi with Gafford/Lively. Maxi finally finding some of his entire career's worth of shooting rhythm to let it work on offense. Been saying constantly since deadline and health the best lineups are some combos of:

2 of Luka/Kyrie/Exum
2 of DJJ, PJ, Maxi
1 of Lively/Gafford

Is up 30 with 5 minutes left a big enough lead to take Luka out please?

Edit: intentional foul after FT to get subbed out. So yes.

Clippers 3P% in games this series:
1: 50%, win
2: 27%, loss
3. 35%, loss
4. 62%, win
5. 25%, loss (both at 4 mins left)

They shot 38% as a team for the full season.

Dallas 3P%:
1. 30%
2. 42%
3. 26%
4. 33%
5. 36%

For the season, Dallas shot 37% as a team.

Dallas is destroying LAC in basically all other metrics. Shooting luck is the only thing that prevented a sweep.

In its 2-minute report, NBA says refs missed a travel on Tyrese Maxey on his 4-point play late in 4th Q of PHI’s Game 5 win vs NYK.
Also missed an out of bounds with 45 seconds in OT that would have given Knicks possession.

But you know what they didn't miss though frosty? Anything from the Wolves sweep cause it never got close enough for a 2 minute report!!

Not possible. There wasn't 2 pages of outrage about it.

To be fair, that was late in the game when he had 5 fouls, so it's disingenous to act like that play is indicative of his normal play on defense in these playoffs.
It’s not indicative. It’s terrible defense though
And? He is too valuable to his team to foul out there. I don't see how this is difficult.
There is a difference between playing defense while trying to not foul and doing whatever it was that Doncic did there.
What did you think of Luka's play last night?

To be fair, that was late in the game when he had 5 fouls, so it's disingenous to act like that play is indicative of his normal play on defense in these playoffs.
And? He is too valuable to his team to foul out there. I don't see how this is difficult.
There is a difference between playing defense while trying to not foul and doing whatever it was that Doncic did there.
Didn't watch. From boxscore looks like he had a heck of a game. Why do you ask? :hophead:

Didn't watch. From boxscore looks like he had a heck of a game. Why do you ask? :hophead:
Curiosity.

Woj reporting that both Giannis and Dame are trying to play tonight. I'll believe it when I see it...

:popcorn:

ETA: My guess is that Dame plays, but Giannis sits.

Wow!

Not sure what Xfinity/Comcast said, but the issue is that Comcast’s deal with Bally Sports is up and Comcast wants to move them to a higher tier and they haven’t been able to reach a compensation agreement. So it’s not that Bally is bankrupt (though they are going through bankruptcy), it’s that this is the typical hardball that gets played between providers and networks during contract negotiations.

Wow!

Not sure what Xfinity/Comcast said, but the issue is that Comcast’s deal with Bally Sports is up and Comcast wants to move them to a higher tier and they haven’t been able to reach a compensation agreement. So it’s not that Bally is bankrupt (though they are going through bankruptcy), it’s that this is the typical hardball that gets played between providers and networks during contract negotiations.
I had no idea GD until I turned the TV on, thanks for the info

Friend with a connection is confirming my suspicion that Giannis almost certainly out, Dame more of a pain tolerance issue, likely to go.

Wow!

This affects my market for both our local baseball and basketball teams. People who use one of the companies that has a deal with Bally hardly noticed over the past couple years because Bally was always included in their normal tiers. Those using different providers or streamers (I use Hulu live for most sports) had to subscribe directly to Bally ($20/mo) to see most games. As you note, Comcast now wants to move Bally to a higher pay tier and ended up dropping it entirely as part of the negotiations. Bally has reached agreements in recent months (unbelievably imo) with Charter, Cox, DTV and others, but is not included with Hulu live sports and is now no longer on Comcast.

Also agree this is not directly related to the pending bankruptcy, but that process could have major implications for Bally markets. The entity in bankruptcy (Diamond Sports Group, which manages Bally) at one point seemed almost certain to be liquidating, but they somehow came up with a restructuring plan that I think is being considered for confirmation this summer.

Wow!

This affects my market for both our local baseball and basketball teams. People who use one of the companies that has a deal with Bally hardly noticed over the past couple years because Bally was always included in their normal tiers. Those using different providers or streamers (I use Hulu live for most sports) had to subscribe directly to Bally ($20/mo) to see most games. As you note, Comcast now wants to move Bally to a higher pay tier and ended up dropping it entirely as part of the negotiations. Bally has reached agreements in recent months (unbelievably imo) with Charter, Cox, DTV and others, but is not included with Hulu live sports and is now no longer on Comcast.

Also agree this is not directly related to the pending bankruptcy, but that process could have major implications for Bally markets. The entity in bankruptcy (Diamond Sports Group, which manages Bally) at one point seemed almost certain to be liquidating, but they somehow came up with a restructuring plan that I think is being considered for confirmation this summer.
All that said, I'm getting screwed...i would like to watch the Florida MLB match ups but its not like I'm glued nightly.
NBA season is over, I do NFL on Youtube...might be time to cut the cable and just have high speed internet and see where things go

Wow!

All that said, I'm getting screwed...i would like to watch the Florida MLB match ups but its not like I'm glued nightly.
NBA season is over, I do NFL on Youtube...might be time to cut the cable and just have high speed internet and see where things go
There are various streams one can find on the internets for just about any sporting event

Wow!

There are various streams one can find on the internets for just about any sporting event
Let me share, I don't know exactly what you are referring but I try and not freeload and no judgement on others, don't care
I thought the NFL on youtube looked incredible last season on my TV, one of the best streams or sports I've streamed and I paid for it.
I'm sure there are other legal ways to stream and pay whatever the freight is.

Users who are viewing this thread