What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: Sad Minnesota fan remembers Vikings season is up next (7 Viewers)

just one more Sixers game left. just one more Sixers game left. just one more Sixers game left.
Sixers fans agree, but would add “Tobias Harris” before “Sixers”. I guess it’s sort of pointless and irrelevant at this point, but I almost assign the most blame to him for this playoff failure considering that he makes almost the same as Embiid and has basically zero impact on the game. Not that I expected anything different, but when you stack up the inputs and the outputs of the team, he is so negative.

2nd is Maxey who has been unable to make enough happen as the second “star”. He had some improvement this year, but he won the award primarily based on his increased usage. He still has a ways to go in terms of creating shots for others. When teams can lock in on him, he is too predictable on his drives and the Knicks have largely been able to follow him and stop his layups. Needs more variety to stress the defense out more.

3rd is Nurse who, like those before him, who somehow can’t figure out a credible theory of the second unit in the playoffs. I know his personnel is limited and part of the problem is that maxey can’t really lead it, but I really wish he could have figured something out. He knew that Joel was going to wear down and should have had some other contingency plan.

4th is Joel, who I give all the credit in the world to for playing through these injuries, but I wish he knew some way to manage his body a little better during the games. His flow gets thrown off by these injuries compounding the physical limitations, which leads to things going even worse.

I could make other points about Daryl, Kelly Oubre and others, but they would be kind of marginal.

The crazy thing is that I think most Sixers’ fans saw this as maybe a bit of a step back year before the season and losing in the first round would have made sense. But then things started going so much better in the first half of the season and expectations really got elevated. But it looks like they will squander another “easy” path to the conference finals.

they can’t trade them for much of anything unless a team really wants to guess what the second best of three will be and take the secondary swap rights.
They just can’t trade them at all. Not allowed
Hmm, I guess I assumed that you could still swap in the second apron, but you’re probably right that everything would be totally frozen.
They can. They can continue to swap away all of those picks that are already swapped. There is just significantly depreciating returns on a secondary or tertiary swap.

they can’t trade them for much of anything unless a team really wants to guess what the second best of three will be and take the secondary swap rights.
They just can’t trade them at all. Not allowed
Hmm, I guess I assumed that you could still swap in the second apron, but you’re probably right that everything would be totally frozen.
Ahh yea i see what you were saying now. Yes they can still swap but nobody wants those picks

just one more Sixers game left. just one more Sixers game left. just one more Sixers game left.
Cue up the Circle Jerk in here.
yeah, who am i kidding, the Sixers aren't showing up for the next game. their season is already over.

"cue" up Sixers fans burning their gear and sending death threats to Sixers food & beverage staff.
Absolutely hilarious response.

Looks like we have our leader of the virtual circle jerk.

Regarding the Suns- did I hear correctly last night that they don’t have a 1st round pick from 2025-2030???

2024 - they have their first (#22) and a second from Denver
2025 - no picks
2026 - worst pick out of theirs, WAS, and MEM in the first. No second.
2027 - no picks
2028 - worst pick out of theirs and Philly in the first. 2nd rounder from Boston.
2029 - no picks
2030 - worswt pick of theirs, WAS, and MEM in the first. No second.
Yep, no lottery picks for the next SEVEN drafts. Wild.

Regarding the Suns- did I hear correctly last night that they don’t have a 1st round pick from 2025-2030???

2025 - no picks
2027 - no picks
2028 - worst pick out of theirs and Philly in the first. 2nd rounder from Boston.
2029 - no picks
Maybe that’s what they said and I misheard. Thought it sounded crazy

2025 - no picks
2027 - no picks
2029 - no picks
Maybe that’s what they said and I misheard. Thought it sounded crazy
I mean they technically could have a lottery pick, but having those 3 pick swaps really burns. Very good chance they don't get one in 7 years, unless of course they get them in return for Booker and/or Durant.

2025 - no picks
2027 - no picks
2029 - no picks
Not necessarily true. Could be swapping lottery picks

Sixers fans agree, but would add “Tobias Harris” before “Sixers”. I guess it’s sort of pointless and irrelevant at this point, but I almost assign the most blame to him for this playoff failure considering that he makes almost the same as Embiid and has basically zero impact on the game. Not that I expected anything different, but when you stack up the inputs and the outputs of the team, he is so negative.

Agreed. People love to fault Ben Simmons for the Sixers decline but choosing Harris over Jimmy and then signing him to a $180mm contract doomed them for years. You can't have a role player making stud money. It cripples your franchise.

I’d love to see a KD trade that would make sense for both sides. Hard to see a version where Phoenix would do it. Adding role players does nothing for that team. A bunch of mid round firsts doesn’t either.
At their team salary numbers KD is costing the team a multiple of his salary in luxury tax. Dealing him for a ton of picks would be about saving a ton of money, not immediately helping the roster. Maybe their owner doesn’t care at all but they currently are projected to owe a huge sum (north of $100 million in luxury tax payments for next season) for a fringe playoff team that won’t win a round even if it gets in.
Yea I was under the impression Ishbia doesn’t care even a little bit about the money. If that’s wrong then yes dealing him would make sense r
also, is durant a chemistry killer? i mean, if i’m the knicks maybe i offer them randle and robinson and my 2 1s this year and see if they laugh……durant is an upgrade over randle IMO, but does dealing for durant bring added pressure and a buzz kill?
The athletic article today where the anonymous source (clearly KD) shanked him like a prison riot sure leads to this conclusion.

I might be in the minority here, but Durant to Miami would be awesome. Butler going off on KD for being soft, and KD having dozen of burner accounts riping everyone from the ball boy to the entire state of Flordia.

Ugg. Sorry if Honda but it looks as though Porzingis may have suffered an Achilles injury. Rotoworld just made a blurb on it—and this sports medicine doctor thought it might be an Achilles before it was mentioned.

Agreed. People love to fault Ben Simmons for the Sixers decline but choosing Harris over Jimmy and then signing him to a $180mm contract doomed them for years. You can't have a role player making stud money. It cripples your franchise.
i believe that was a max contract lol take that to the bank bromigo

Stan Van Gundy just had one of the most biased announcer games I've heard in a long time. Comments I found distractingly odd:
"Heat are just missing wide open shots" - Kenny Smith commented during his analysis about how tough the Celtics were making it on the Heat shooters
"Everyone is playing terrible except for Derrick White" - Tatum had a good game as did Horford and Porzingis before his injury. Brown was the only one who sucked tonight and he never mentioned him.
"I don't think that is a flagrant foul and that's on Tatum for trying to shoot the ball" (on the play that caused Tatum to roll his ankle after the whistle)

He almost made zero positive comments about the Celtics for the entire game except for Derrick White. Gave them zero credit for a game where they led by 20 on the road almost the entire game. Was literally calling their defensive effort bad after Miami scored 12 points in the 2nd quarter.

I think he hates Tatum because he whines so much, but I don't think that level of vitriol needs to be on the main national broadcast play-by-play. It was really weird. It's like he has a vendetta and it is showing in 1/2 of his comments.

Ugg. Sorry if Honda but it looks as though Porzingis may have suffered an Achilles injury. Rotoworld just made a blurb on it—and this sports medicine doctor thought it might be an Achilles before it was mentioned.

From ESPN
=============

MIAMI -- Boston Celtics center Kristaps Porzingis hobbled off the court before halftime of Monday night's 102-88 Game 4 win over the Miami Heat and did not return with what the team said was a right calf injury.

Porzingis will undergo imaging Tuesday, but early indications are that he didn't sustain an Achilles tendon injury, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Stan Van Gundy just had one of the most biased announcer games I've heard in a long time. Comments I found distractingly odd:
"Heat are just missing wide open shots" - Kenny Smith commented during his analysis about how tough the Celtics were making it on the Heat shooters
"Everyone is playing terrible except for Derrick White" - Tatum had a good game as did Horford and Porzingis before his injury. Brown was the only one who sucked tonight and he never mentioned him.
"I don't think that is a flagrant foul and that's on Tatum for trying to shoot the ball" (on the play that caused Tatum to roll his ankle after the whistle)

He almost made zero positive comments about the Celtics for the entire game except for Derrick White. Gave them zero credit for a game where they led by 20 on the road almost the entire game. Was literally calling their defensive effort bad after Miami scored 12 points in the 2nd quarter.

I think he hates Tatum because he whines so much, but I don't think that level of vitriol needs to be on the main national broadcast play-by-play. It was really weird. It's like he has a vendetta and it is showing in 1/2 of his comments.

Come on it is bad enough we have to listen to everyone claim how bad the refs are and how they biased against my favorite team, now we are going to do it with announcers?

Porter Jr has one of the pretties shots from range out there imo. 6' 10" and smooooth
He's been the best player offensively for the Nuggets tonight and the second worst defensive player - Jokic is having one of his worst all around games I can remember, regardless of his stats.

I REALLY don't get Anthony Davis and this Lakers team.

Dude shot 73% tonight on just 11 shots. Rui, D-Lo, and Reaves all shot more than him (at far worse efficiencies). In what world does that make sense? HOW ARE YOU NOT FEEDING THIS MAN??

That, combined with the weird game earlier this series where he took 1 shot the entire 2nd half.....these bizarre games happen too frequently.

Lakers put out again. How sweet it is. Awful, biased officiating. Jokic shot no free throws tonight. Call a foul on Davis and then take it away on a challenge when the guy fouls Jokic three times on the way to the basket. Still Nuggets are just the much better team. Lakers know who they Daddy is.

• Love
Reactions: SWC
I REALLY don't get Anthony Davis and this Lakers team.

Dude shot 73% tonight on just 11 shots. Rui, D-Lo, and Reaves all shot more than him (at far worse efficiencies). In what world does that make sense? HOW ARE YOU NOT FEEDING THIS MAN??

That, combined with the weird game earlier this series where he took 1 shot the entire 2nd half.....these bizarre games happen too frequently.
Yeah he needs to be more aggressive on offense. The team does so much better offensively when they run sets, but that tends to go away down the stretch.

Jamal on his way to earning a spot on the Mt Rushmore of clutch players. This dude does it every time when the games on the line.

I was just thinking the same thing. Not sure there's another player in the NBA I'd rather have taking my last shot. Soon to be up there with Horry and Co. if he keeps this pace.

Users who are viewing this thread