What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: “this team is really good” a terrified Minnesota fan mumbles to himself (9 Viewers)

Suns don’t have a 2nd round pick this year.

Not because they traded it away, because they got caught tampering for Drew Eubanks (DNP-CD tonight).

ETA - I guess they did trade their own second for Beal. The forfeited one was from a trade from Denver.

ANT is 22 years old, and played like a ten year vet this series. Can’t believe he’s on our team. 🤯

Trying not to get too excited, but man, this teams GETS AFTER IT on D. So much fun.
That Suns possesson with i think 2:30 or so left where the Wolves just srambled and cut off everything and then McDaniels stole the pass from Beal says everything about th team. And also Ant.

ANT is 22 years old, and played like a ten year vet this series. Can’t believe he’s on our team. 🤯

Trying not to get too excited, but man, this teams GETS AFTER IT on D. So much fun.
That Suns possesson with i think 2:30 or so left where the Wolves just srambled and cut off everything and then McDaniels stole the pass from Beal says everything about th team. And also Ant.
Totally. That one and earlier in the game, there was a possession when someone on the Suns picked up their dribble near half court. All five Wolves players were out as far as half court denying their guy the ball, the Suns finally made a couple quick passes and it resulted in what looked to be a wide open Gordon layup, yet three Wolves players challenged him at the rim and he came nowhere close to finishing the play. I mean honestly, what NBA team has players flying around denying passes? It’s so damn refreshing.

Doncic would be 1000 times more enjoyable to watch if he didn’t throw his hands up and cry like a baby at every non call
The entire NBA would be better if this didn't happen across the league.

The Knicks/76ers series has been awesome ...except for this crap almost every single possession. The league has to clean up offensive player's grifting for calls and find a way to limit player reactions to every single call. Nobody wants to watch that crap.

Doncic would be 1000 times more enjoyable to watch if he didn’t throw his hands up and cry like a baby at every non call

The Knicks/76ers series has been awesome ...except for this crap almost every single possession. The league has to clean up offensive player's grifting for calls and find a way to limit player reactions to every single call. Nobody wants to watch that crap.
Not going to ever happen in a player's league headed by Silver. Need another Stern-esque militant to be at the helm.

what are the landing spots for durant when he forces a trade to another team destined to disappoint?
Someone much smarter than me may know this better (so pretty much anyone that posts in here), but didn't they switch to a direct salary matching model where the salary dollars have to match up between the two players getting traded (vs. teams having the ability to include multiple players to get the salaries to match). KD has roughly a $50 million salary for next year, so theoretically, the Suns would have to find a team with a player in that salary range to bring in if they were to move Durant. How many players are in that salary range these days?

Do they just rotate the two commercials over and over on TNT during these games? "What a Pro Wants" and the Wingstop guy playing Jenga while eating a chicken sandwich on a loop. The one benefit of my team getting knocked out early I guess is that hopefully I won't have to endure it much longer.

what are the landing spots for durant when he forces a trade to another team destined to disappoint?
Someone much smarter than me may know this better (so pretty much anyone that posts in here), but didn't they switch to a direct salary matching model where the salary dollars have to match up between the two players getting traded (vs. teams having the ability to include multiple players to get the salaries to match). KD has roughly a $50 million salary for next year, so theoretically, the Suns would have to find a team with a player in that salary range to bring in if they were to move Durant. How many players are in that salary range these days?
Teams that are above the 2nd apron (like the Suns) are not allowed to aggregate salaries in outgoing trades. They are allowed to get back multiple salaries in trades. So theoretically they could trade Durant for 3 guys who make a combined 50 million

Teams that are above the 2nd apron (like the Suns) are not allowed to aggregate salaries in outgoing trades. They are allowed to get back multiple salaries in trades. So theoretically they could trade Durant for 3 guys who make a combined 50 million
Right. And they can’t use the mid level either. I don’t think people realize how screwed they are.

Not exactly. As others have noted they can’t take more salary back in a deal. But they can trade for multiple players who make less in the aggregate. Another capped out team would need to send out about $40 million in salaries for Durant to make it work on their end. For example, they could trade him to the Kings for Huerter, Barnes, Davion Mitchell, and 42 draft picks (not that I’ve been thinking about this or anything).

I’d love to see a KD trade that would make sense for both sides. Hard to see a version where Phoenix would do it. Adding role players does nothing for that team. A bunch of mid round firsts doesn’t either.

Do they just rotate the two commercials over and over on TNT during these games? "What a Pro Wants" and the Wingstop guy playing Jenga while eating a chicken sandwich on a loop. The one benefit of my team getting knocked out early I guess is that hopefully I won't have to endure it much longer.
your still gonna watch it barkley alone is worth it no matter who is playing and we are bucks fans we love the game for the game and love it even more if the bangos are still in it take that to the bank brochacho

phoenix gave the nets bridges, et al and 4 unprotected 1s, plus a pick swap. man, this could be a reverse garnett for the nyets.

this could be a reverse garnett for the nyets.
An article in The Athletic made that exact assertion. When a new wealthy owner takes over a franchise--in particular someone who sees the team as a toy--shrewd GM's across the league start making offers for big names, playing on celebrity of the player rather than his actual contribution.

phoenix gave the nets bridges, et al and 4 unprotected 1s, plus a pick swap. man, this could be a reverse garnett for the nyets.
If they Nets weren't so dumb to hold on to Bridges until his value started to slide.

They should have sold on everything over the off-season (hindsight may be 20/20 but I would have said the same thing a year ago), gotten another grab bag of good picks for Claxton and Bridges and gone full rebuild mode (again). It's a tough decision to make when you don't own your own picks though.

I’d love to see a KD trade that would make sense for both sides. Hard to see a version where Phoenix would do it. Adding role players does nothing for that team. A bunch of mid round firsts doesn’t either.
At their team salary numbers KD is costing the team a multiple of his salary in luxury tax. Dealing him for a ton of picks would be about saving a ton of money, not immediately helping the roster. Maybe their owner doesn’t care at all but they currently are projected to owe a huge sum (north of $100 million in luxury tax payments for next season) for a fringe playoff team that won’t win a round even if it gets in.

Last edited:
At their team salary numbers KD is costing the team a multiple of his salary in luxury tax. Dealing him for a ton of picks would be about saving a ton of money, not immediately helping the roster. Maybe their owner doesn’t care at all but they currently are projected to owe a huge sum (north of $100 million in luxury tax payments for next season) for a fringe playoff team that won’t win a round even if it gets in.
Yea I was under the impression Ishbia doesn’t care even a little bit about the money. If that’s wrong then yes dealing him would make sense r

durant is premium, but his age has to be a factor going forward. beal was always overpriced. they had no bench. if the suns wanted to deal durant, i think they will be handcuffed by what is offered back. it’s gonna get ugly.

Yea I was under the impression Ishbia doesn’t care even a little bit about the money. If that’s wrong then yes dealing him would make sense r
also, is durant a chemistry killer? i mean, if i’m the knicks maybe i offer them randle and robinson and my 2 1s this year and see if they laugh……durant is an upgrade over randle IMO, but does dealing for durant bring added pressure and a buzz kill?

Not going to ever happen in a player's league headed by Silver. Need another Stern-esque militant to be at the helm.
It's gotten so bad, even Silver may have to enact something the players don't like.

His reaction after the All-Star game was horrible again provides some hope he's slowly realizing trusting the players opinions isn't always the correct move.

See also: LeBron's snark toward the play-in games years ago or multiple player reactions to the in-season tournament earlier this season.

just one more Sixers game left. just one more Sixers game left. just one more Sixers game left.
Cue up the Circle Jerk in here.
yeah, who am i kidding, the Sixers aren't showing up for the next game. their season is already over.

"cue" up Sixers fans burning their gear and sending death threats to Sixers food & beverage staff.
anytime anything bad happens in philly they burn stuff anytime anything good happens in philly they burn stuff its kind of like mordor take that to the bank bromigo

While I'm on a roll, the final 4 minutes of NBA games has gotten borderline unwatchable live.

Inevitably one, or both, coaches call their "use it or lose it" timeout before the 3 minute mark. Both coaches call their two timeouts in the final few minutes. Add in the overuse of replay reviews to a laughable extent any time the ball goes out of bounds, or a player stays on the ground for an excessive amount of time (95% of the time milking the contact to get that review). Add in a ton of late game free throws and it's easily become my least favorite part of the NBA game. The exact opposite of what it should be.

I know everyone's not down with it, but I'm 100% in favor of the Elam Ending for NBA games. Mainly because I really enjoy watching basketball, and the end of games is the furthest away from that right now.

Regarding the Suns- did I hear correctly last night that they don’t have a 1st round pick from 2025-2030???

2024 - they have their first (#22) and a second from Denver
2025 - no picks
2026 - worst pick out of theirs, WAS, and MEM in the first. No second.
2027 - no picks
2028 - worst pick out of theirs and Philly in the first. 2nd rounder from Boston.
2029 - no picks
2030 - worswt pick of theirs, WAS, and MEM in the first. No second.

Regarding the Suns- did I hear correctly last night that they don’t have a 1st round pick from 2025-2030???
That’s impossible. You can only trade every other year picks. They owe their 25/27/29 to Brooklyn. They have their own pick this year. 26/28/30 are swaps

2025 - no picks
2027 - no picks
2028 - worst pick out of theirs and Philly in the first. 2nd rounder from Boston.
2029 - no picks
Their pick from Denver this year was forfeited for FA tampering.

Last edited:

2025 - no picks
2027 - no picks
2029 - no picks
lucky for the suns that the 2024 draft is exactly 22 players deep take that to the bank brochacho

Yes; the suns technically have three first round picks but they are functionally useless. They can’t tank and get any value because the other team will just swap and they can’t trade them for much of anything unless a team really wants to guess what the second best of three will be and take the secondary swap rights.

Rumors that booker is interested in going to New York. That would be one way to try to retool and get a few players and picks, though none would be premium.

man it sort of seems like the suns are almost as bad as the bucks i dont think the bucks have a first round until after my average expected life span is over take that to the bank brohans

Users who are viewing this thread