What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: “this team is really good” a terrified Minnesota fan mumbles to himself (13 Viewers)

This Mavs comeback is bonkers.

Crazy out of control play both ways with few foul calls being made...Mavs just finishing while LA is missing everything.

Lukas been horribly inefficient all series. Kyrie sort of keeping them alive. Luka gonna have to figure his shooting out if they wanna get past OKC (which I think they have a pretty decent chance, and yes, I'm assuming DAL wins against LAC).

knicks v sicksers has been wildly competitive. being a knick fan and having a 20 year abyss, this team has been fun to watch. if you told me dd and hart would shoot 3-18, i’d say we are 2-2 heading back to ny. brunson just willed them to a win. knicks don’t really have a 2nd option right now. OG is more like a 3, but he stepped up. they are relentless on the boards and fight on defense, which always gives you a chance. too bad randle broke again. i mean, they won’t get out of the east, but at least they are part of the league. get some experience, get randle back and go get a SG upgrade.

I've been impressed with their performance sans Randall. I didn't give them much of a chance this series but have been proven wrong. Such a scrappy bunch. Really wish they were 100% but it's great to see the Garden electric again. The last time I remember it like that was when I went to a game during the 1999 run with Spreewell and company. Good times.

Doncic would be 1000 times more enjoyable to watch if he didn’t throw his hands up and cry like a baby at every non call
Agreed.

Of course he'd cry less if when they slapped him in the face on the perimeter they'd just call it.
Meh. He bitches about every little thing. He is worse than Tatum and that’s saying something
every time he touches the ball it includes him whining about a foul. it's insufferable.

amazing basketball player who should stop hunting for fouls every second of every game.

I'm gonna go home with one more hopeful takeaway which is, like game 1, the Clippers shot unsustainably well and Dallas shot about average.

Doncic would be 1000 times more enjoyable to watch if he didn’t throw his hands up and cry like a baby at every non call
Agreed.

Of course he'd cry less if when they slapped him in the face on the perimeter they'd just call it.
Meh. He bitches about every little thing. He is worse than Tatum and that’s saying something
Hahahaha no.
Need a pole on this

Agreed.

Hahahaha no.
Need a pole on this
We agree they're both first-team, just disagree on who the MVP is.

Agreed.

Hahahaha no.
Need a pole on this
Lowry
Booker
Tatum
Doncic
Draymond

Agreed.

Hahahaha no.
Need a pole on this
Lowry
Booker
Tatum
Doncic
Draymond

That is a great list. 2nd team has to be something like Lebron, Embiid, Harden etc.

Agreed.

Hahahaha no.
Need a pole on this
Lowry
Booker
Tatum
Doncic
Draymond
That's a solid team.

Agreed.

Hahahaha no.
Need a pole on this
Lowry
Booker
Tatum
Doncic
Draymond

That is a great list. 2nd team has to be something like Lebron, Embiid, Harden etc.
Embiid probably should make 1st team over Draymond

To be fair, that was late in the game when he had 5 fouls, so it's disingenous to act like that play is indicative of his normal play on defense in these playoffs.
It’s not indicative. It’s terrible defense though
And? He is too valuable to his team to foul out there. I don't see how this is difficult.
There is a difference between playing defense while trying to not foul and doing whatever it was that Doncic did there.

To be fair, that was late in the game when he had 5 fouls, so it's disingenous to act like that play is indicative of his normal play on defense in these playoffs.
And? He is too valuable to his team to foul out there. I don't see how this is difficult.
There is a difference between playing defense while trying to not foul and doing whatever it was that Doncic did there.
I’m not a meme guy but Luka v Harden on that play has big 2 spidermen pointing at each other energy.

Yeah Hart was playing with 5 fouls down the stretch and still made some big defensive plays, including the sweet block at the rim. Not that they’re the same defensively but worlds apart from an effort perspective.

Other observations now that I'm home:

1. Harden is truly playing lights out - it's so annoying that he's getting some of the classic "Harden calls" BS too especially when you see guys make zero contact and the officials just assume. And then you get to the other end and Luka gets slapped in the face by Mann every other possession to no avail it's unbelievable.

2. This has been the worst officiated series and I don't think it's particularly close. Luka and PG can't seem to buy a call with the level of physicality allowed against them, Harden and Kyrie at the rim get breathed on and its a call...there was one today in the fourth where Kyrie split two guys in the air and did a double pump for a sick finish, landed and fell, and got a call and I was like "I don't think they'll show a replay of that one in arena" (they did not) because wasn't touched. It's just super inconsistent. Either let people be physical or don't.

3. Paul George's shotmaking has been UNBELIEVABLE. He put the game away today. Dallas either took the lead or tied (I forget) and then played 21-22 seconds of outstanding defense and he ended up trapped in the corner. He just launched up with DJJ right in his face, turned, and drained an incredible three from that semi-behind the basket angle. I don't think Dallas ever caught them again.

4. The 3pt shooting disparity has been crazy and explains both Clippers wins. Dallas ended up right around like 35%, I think LA was over 60% from three. And, yes, there were four or 5 very open ones where a Maverick screwed up and helped from the strong side corner...but even those you wouldn't expect 5/5 in an NBA game at pace. It's not Steph getting open. If you just stick both teams at their long-term 3pt averages for the players out there, Dallas already swept lol.

5. Westbrick just gets to foul the **** out of everyone when he comes in with no recourse. I don't get it. I think Dallas needs a few minutes of Morris to just truly lay him out if the refs won't do their job.

6. Luka is hurt. He's clearly hurt. His gait is stiff. His effort in Game 2 on PG and Harden was not replicable today (in part because he picked up two dumb fouls - not incorrect, dumb to commit - right away and felt like he couldn't be as physical as everyone else) with the knee. I don't know what's wrong with it but it's definitely wrong. He's not getting any lift especially at the rim.

7. When Kyrie decides it is time to play he just scores at will. Usually that's late third and throughout the 4th quarter...today he waited too long to do it. I think he could have prevented Dallas from getting 30 down if he started to play some offense a bit sooner and took the lead.

Agreed.

Hahahaha no.
Need a pole on this
Lowry
Booker
Tatum
Doncic
Draymond

Doc Rivers is definitely the coach for this all whine team

Agreed.

Hahahaha no.
Need a pole on this
Lowry
Booker
Tatum
Doncic
Draymond

Doc Rivers is definitely the coach for this all whine team

If you let the two all whine teams play each other I would let Doc coach both teams.

He's not wrong. The sand is permanently stained by oil spills from the 70s

Yeah, I enjoy Galveston off season but definitely not for the beaches. The history and architecture there is incredible. Used to be one of richest cities in the US before the 1900 Hurricane. Then the religious nuts tried cleaning it up by outlawing gambling, booze and kicking all the gangsters out (Fertitta/Maceo family i.e. current Rockets owner). Was very similar to Atlantic City during prohibition.

Users who are viewing this thread