What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: Sad Minnesota fan remembers Vikings season is up next (35 Viewers)

Bally Sports is Bankrupt as Xfinity is informing me on the screen
Wow!

No Heat, Marlins, Rays, Lightning, WPT, lot of stuff I catch on Bally which used ot be Fox Sports I think.

Not sure what Xfinity/Comcast said, but the issue is that Comcast’s deal with Bally Sports is up and Comcast wants to move them to a higher tier and they haven’t been able to reach a compensation agreement. So it’s not that Bally is bankrupt (though they are going through bankruptcy), it’s that this is the typical hardball that gets played between providers and networks during contract negotiations.

This affects my market for both our local baseball and basketball teams. People who use one of the companies that has a deal with Bally hardly noticed over the past couple years because Bally was always included in their normal tiers. Those using different providers or streamers (I use Hulu live for most sports) had to subscribe directly to Bally ($20/mo) to see most games. As you note, Comcast now wants to move Bally to a higher pay tier and ended up dropping it entirely as part of the negotiations. Bally has reached agreements in recent months (unbelievably imo) with Charter, Cox, DTV and others, but is not included with Hulu live sports and is now no longer on Comcast.

Also agree this is not directly related to the pending bankruptcy, but that process could have major implications for Bally markets. The entity in bankruptcy (Diamond Sports Group, which manages Bally) at one point seemed almost certain to be liquidating, but they somehow came up with a restructuring plan that I think is being considered for confirmation this summer.
All that said, I'm getting screwed...i would like to watch the Florida MLB match ups but its not like I'm glued nightly.
NBA season is over, I do NFL on Youtube...might be time to cut the cable and just have high speed internet and see where things go
There are various streams one can find on the internets for just about any sporting event
Let me share, I don't know exactly what you are referring but I try and not freeload and no judgement on others, don't care
I thought the NFL on youtube looked incredible last season on my TV, one of the best streams or sports I've streamed and I paid for it.
I'm sure there are other legal ways to stream and pay whatever the freight is.
We've had the same problem in Colorado going on 4 years now...

Xfinity/Comcast is literally the only cable option in Colorado. I don't think Dish hasn't given in either (I could be wrong), so our options are Fubo but that takes a separate box (Fire Stick, AppleTV, Roku, etc) which is too complicated for a portion of the population, or DirecTV. Altitude (Stan Kroenke's network that carries all his CO teams including the Avs and Nuggets) also has no standalone streaming option. It's the ****ing worst.

Wow!

No Heat, Marlins, Rays, Lightning, WPT, lot of stuff I catch on Bally which used ot be Fox Sports I think.

Not sure what Xfinity/Comcast said, but the issue is that Comcast’s deal with Bally Sports is up and Comcast wants to move them to a higher tier and they haven’t been able to reach a compensation agreement. So it’s not that Bally is bankrupt (though they are going through bankruptcy), it’s that this is the typical hardball that gets played between providers and networks during contract negotiations.

This affects my market for both our local baseball and basketball teams. People who use one of the companies that has a deal with Bally hardly noticed over the past couple years because Bally was always included in their normal tiers. Those using different providers or streamers (I use Hulu live for most sports) had to subscribe directly to Bally ($20/mo) to see most games. As you note, Comcast now wants to move Bally to a higher pay tier and ended up dropping it entirely as part of the negotiations. Bally has reached agreements in recent months (unbelievably imo) with Charter, Cox, DTV and others, but is not included with Hulu live sports and is now no longer on Comcast.

Also agree this is not directly related to the pending bankruptcy, but that process could have major implications for Bally markets. The entity in bankruptcy (Diamond Sports Group, which manages Bally) at one point seemed almost certain to be liquidating, but they somehow came up with a restructuring plan that I think is being considered for confirmation this summer.

It’s all really frustrating for the consumer in the end. I really wish they’d move to subscription models where anyone can purchase any game, or any team’s season, or the FULL season for all teams no matter what market you’re in.

MLB.tv was awesome for me as a fan of a team out of market. Yeah it’s $150 if you can’t get a deal, but that’s really so cheap to be able to watch so many games. The NFL Ticket’s value sucks in comparison. Just absurdly expensive IMO.

Sucks that local fans end up having to jump through a million hoops just to be able to watch games.

Wow!

All that said, I'm getting screwed...i would like to watch the Florida MLB match ups but its not like I'm glued nightly.
NBA season is over, I do NFL on Youtube...might be time to cut the cable and just have high speed internet and see where things go
There are various streams one can find on the internets for just about any sporting event
Let me share, I don't know exactly what you are referring but I try and not freeload and no judgement on others, don't care
I thought the NFL on youtube looked incredible last season on my TV, one of the best streams or sports I've streamed and I paid for it.
I'm sure there are other legal ways to stream and pay whatever the freight is.
Yea but if there is no way to legally watch the game on any service, then I think we all should feel fine with ourselves if we choose to go with less than legal means

Wow!

It’s all really frustrating for the consumer in the end. I really wish they’d move to subscription models where anyone can purchase any game, or any team’s season, or the FULL season for all teams no matter what market you’re in.

MLB.tv was awesome for me as a fan of a team out of market. Yeah it’s $150 if you can’t get a deal, but that’s really so cheap to be able to watch so many games. The NFL Ticket’s value sucks in comparison. Just absurdly expensive IMO.

Sucks that local fans end up having to jump through a million hoops just to be able to watch games.
I HATE it. My folks are in CO too and it sucks for them. Only silver lining is at least theyre bears/cowboys fans from living their lives in IL and TX.

I lived out of Dallas after high school for a long time and Leaguepass was amazing. Then I get back to Dallas to live finally, get season tickets...and of our 41 road games, if I don't have Bally+ or whatever I miss all non national TV games. Fortunately every year so far Cuban has given all season ticket holders free membership to Bally's app to stream. It's insane that they aren't something I can just pay for on YT TV or on some cable but not others or on Hulu etc.

Halliburton and Portis (?) with techs looks like at the timeout

James Johnson of the Pacers with the T, not Halliburton

Halliburton and Portis (?) with techs looks like at the timeout

James Johnson of the Pacers with the T, not Halliburton
James Johnson is a member of the back alley 1st team. He's not an NBA "hold me back" game fighter.

Challenges suck. Get rid of em entirely. They completely ruin the flow of the game and it seems likey the reviewed call is wrong often enough to make the whole system kind of pointless. Plus, we have to watch players twirl their fingers and argue every call like it's game 7 of the Finals.

There are going to be a lot of teams with fascinating offseasons and the Buckmigos may be at the top of that list.

Ok second after Phoenix.

With the Bucks cap situation and lack of picks, I don’t see how they could make significant changes. Just mostly run it back and hope for good health.

FWIW, I do think Embiid gave it his all this series. He looks like an old man out there with that knee. And I'm sure that Bell's Palsey is messing him up too.

With the Bucks cap situation and lack of picks, I don’t see how they could make significant changes. Just mostly run it back and hope for good health.
Yup. Many teams need to shake it up and really can’t. Milwaukee has no assets.

This is what I hate about the NBA cap and the way they can trade picks. I don't have the answers, but they have to have some smart people that could make it better.

This is what I hate about the NBA cap and the way they can trade picks. I don't have the answers, but they have to have some smart people that could make it better.
:shrug:

Don't trade every pick you have unless you are prepared to go for it and win. I think MIL mostly just runs it back next year. They are still a top 3 or 4 team in the east with their core

Milwaukee and Phoenix basically traded away a decade to try and cash in these next few years. Not much left to trade. Can’t sign anybody. They made their bed.

Users who are viewing this thread