What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: Mavs - Boston it is (52 Viewers)

The countless examples are actual blocks, where the shot is released, blocked by the defender first and the hand/arm is contacted on the follow through. In this instance, SGA hit the ball, it wasn’t released, and then he hammed his arm while PJ was actually shooting the ball. Completely different situations.

Okay, but how is that stupid by SGA?
I think fouling a 32% three point shooter with 2 seconds left, up a point, in game 6 of a playoff series is the definition of stupid. And a 6’8” jump shooter at that. But that’s just my opinion.

He blocked the shot and barely got him on the follow through. Come on.
Yep, that was an incredible “block.”

It’s just poor game awareness from an incredible player who typically exhibits insane game awarensss. Certainly not SGA’s fault they lost, but there’s a two in three chance of that shot clanging and the game ending. Or even better, since he could’ve contested without fouling. DON’T FOUL A JUMP SHOOTER, and definitely not PJ fn Washington on a three with two seconds left. That’s the shot you wanted Dallas taking.

The countless examples are actual blocks, where the shot is released, blocked by the defender first and the hand/arm is contacted on the follow through. In this instance, SGA hit the ball, it wasn’t released, and then he hammed his arm while PJ was actually shooting the ball. Completely different situations.

Okay, but how is that stupid by SGA?
I think fouling a 32% three point shooter with 2 seconds left, up a point, in game 6 of a playoff series is the definition of stupid. And a 6’8” jump shooter at that. But that’s just my opinion.

He blocked the shot and barely got him on the follow through. Come on.
Yep, that was an incredible “block.”

It’s just poor game awareness from an incredible player who typically exhibits insane game awarensss. Certainly not SGA’s fault they lost, but there’s a two in three chance of that shot clanging and the game ending. Or even better, since he could’ve contested without fouling. DON’T FOUL A JUMP SHOOTER, and definitely not PJ fn Washington on a three with two seconds left. That’s the shot you wanted Dallas taking.

It was an incredibly stupid foul too. Lol

Wait are there actually takes that it wasn't a foul? That was the fastest review I've seen the entire season. The arena laughed on the first replay with his hand flat against the entire forearm and everyone rejoiced instantly.

(Good challenge, some may say, but not when it costs you the last timeout and is that obvious. It was the difference between OKC having a chance to tie or not. With no TOs, they couldnt call one on the rebound to advance the ball)

You could see the refs look once and then stand up straight and start talking about the clock and checking timeouts and foul situations lol.

Basketball is their favorite sport and Jokic is their favorite player.
Did this change recently? I always thought Football (soccer) was their favorite sport?

It seems there's soccer jerseys mostly here. Have surprisingly seen only 1 Jokic jersey, but lots of dudes that look like him.

I asked my waiter tonight if he thinks people will be out for the game tomorrow and he said no. Says most people watch games from home, as very few Nuggets games start before midnight. Might not be as cool as I thought, but will keep y'all posted haha.

Did this change recently? I always thought Football (soccer) was their favorite sport?

It seems there's soccer jerseys mostly here. Have surprisingly seen only 1 Jokic jersey, but lots of dudes that look like him.

I asked my waiter tonight if he thinks people will be out for the game tomorrow and he said no. Says most people watch games from home, as very few Nuggets games start before midnight. Might not be as cool as I thought, but will keep y'all posted haha.
That said, there's apparently a massive basketball game here tonight that has energy better than nba arenas. Apparently really hard to get tickets but I'm going to try to find a way.

That said, there's apparently a massive basketball game here tonight that has energy better than nba arenas. Apparently really hard to get tickets but I'm going to try to find a way.

Yeah, you should definitely go. The videos I've seen of some of these Serbian games are crazy. People lighting fireworks and smoke bombs while the players are on the court playing like just another day in the office. Add all the cool chants in a tightly packed indoor arena must make it an amazing experience.

First thing that popped up on youtube https://www.youtube.com/shorts/vaF2YJGJ_D4. :eek:

That play also shows why SGA is one of my favorite players and Luka one of my least. SGA commits a questionable foul and is pretty chill and walks away and waits for replay. Doesn't throw his hands in the air and whine like a little baby. In contrast, Luka started his bitching before the ball even left Washington's hands. Immediately rolling into his Luka being a whiny baby

Little Woz just woke up and woke up the entire house by immediately signing "Let's go Timberwolves" while putting on his Edwards jersey at 6:30 AM.

Assuming my wife doesn't kill him before the game today, this is going to be fun. I just hope it's not a Nuggets blowout.

That play also shows why SGA is one of my favorite players and Luka one of my least. SGA commits a questionable foul and is pretty chill and walks away and waits for replay. Doesn't throw his hands in the air and whine like a little baby. In contrast, Luka started his bitching before the ball even left Washington's hands. Immediately rolling into his Luka being a whiny baby

Luka used to be the easy 2nd choice for me if I was starting to build a franchise right now, but now he is 5th.

Jokic
Wemby
Ant/SGA
Luka

If there is one play that I'm okay with a bunch of players jumping up and down on, it's a play like that at the end of an important game.

I also wish they wouldn't have challenged that obvious foul. Woulda been pretty nice to have an inbound from half court down 1 or 2.

If there is one play that I'm okay with a bunch of players jumping up and down on, it's a play like that at the end of an important game.

I also wish they wouldn't have challenged that obvious foul. Woulda been pretty nice to have an inbound from half court down 1 or 2.
Tough spot though. There have been plenty of calls overturned where defender hits ball first, which clearly happened here. I wasn't the only one who hadn't heard of the "must dislodge ball first" until last night.

Also, game deciding plays like this should be an automatic review. Get it right. Teams shouldn't have to challenge in these situations. Different debate though

Money making idea for ESPN.

A premium subscription service, which omits any content or mention of Stephen A Smith.

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC

Didn't seem obvious at all to me. That used to be considered great defense :shrug:

Money making idea for ESPN.

A premium subscription service, which omits any content or mention of Stephen A Smith.

Would need to include many, many other personalities.
Maybe a menu where you can toggle them off and on? I'd pay for it.

If you can include Booger in that package and exclude him from all NFL related events that might be a winner.
Perkins needs the same treatment

It's halftime here. Managed to get a last minute ticket from a scalper super cheap.

This is by FAR the craziest sporting event I've ever been at. Flares going off in the arena, everyone is jumping non stop and the building is shaking, riot police everywhere, everyone smoking inside, non stop chants and songs. It's awesome! It's their championship here, I got lucky to be here on this day.

Pretty decent ball too, but so much different than the NBA obviously.

It's halftime here. Managed to get a last minute ticket from a scalper super cheap.

This is by FAR the craziest sporting event I've ever been at. Flares going off in the arena, everyone is jumping non stop and the building is shaking, riot police everywhere, everyone smoking inside, non stop chants and songs. It's awesome! It's their championship here, I got lucky to be here on this day.

We want photos!

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC

We want photos!
Will post some later!

We want photos!
Will post some later!
Make sure there is a serbian newspaper from today in the pic so we know you’re legit :)

Users who are viewing this thread