What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: Mavs - Boston it is (35 Viewers)

This Bucks/Spurs game has been a ton of fun. Been loving watching Giannis and Wembanyama trade blocks and dunks.
Bucks / Spurs was one of the most entertaining games of the NBA season. Wembanyama's array of highlight plays, invoked images of what he could be a few years from now when his body matures.

Devin Vassell looks like a keeper and good fit with Wemby as well.

Speaking of what an NBA ball of clay specimen can do years later, watching Giannis ball out night after night is special. Effort may be the most underrated skill in basketball, and the Freak brings it every single game.

In the first half, Khris Middleton looked like he's almost back. If the Bucks hope to make a playoff run, they'll need him to be that 3rd option on offense and much better on defense than he was a month ago.

This was the 4th game this year the Warriors lost after leading by at least 18.
The Warriors may need to make a trade more than any other team in the association. First they need to decide what they're doing with Klay & Draymond.

If that group is being kept together, they need to move what they can to add a wing and a 5 that can defend and rebound with athleticism and effort. With Kuminga & Moody's upside and Chris Paul/Wiggins salaries they have options.

If GSW is breaking up the band, now's the time to make the move(s). Klay's contract is up soon, but he would be a great fit on many contenders. Draymond's recent issues give cover to the organization to move him after he just signed a new deal. I could see him generating a big return from some team desperate to improve their playoff lineup.

It's time for the Warriors to make some tough decisions. They've been taking half-measures for way too long.

Last edited:
Breaking up the Warriors isn't going to do anything other than save the owners luxury tax payments (which I wouldn't blame them for given the expense for this team). Klay and Draymond are not returning any meaningful assets in a trade, IMO.

Klay and Draymond are not returning any meaningful assets in a trade, IMO.
True, but they can staple picks and/or young players to them to get substantial upgrades
Possibly in Klay's and Chris Paul's case. But who is the $40-50 million player(s) that they are getting back in that kind of a deal that (1) is a huge upgrade for the Warriors, and (2) that the other team would be willing to part with in that transaction? There might be a couple of teams that are mildly intrigued by Moody or Kuminga but those two are sort of the Scola/Kevin Martin of trade pieces at this point.

True, but they can staple picks and/or young players to them to get substantial upgrades
Possibly in Klay's and Chris Paul's case. But who is the $40-50 million player(s) that they are getting back in that kind of a deal that (1) is a huge upgrade for the Warriors, and (2) that the other team would be willing to part with in that transaction? There might be a couple of teams that are mildly intrigued by Moody or Kuminga but those two are sort of the Scola/Kevin Martin of trade pieces at this point.
When can we trade Grant Williams? Mr. lacob can I interest you in some Grant Williams and Jaden Hardy for Chris Paul? I'm sure we can work out the other salary.

When can we trade Grant Williams? Mr. lacob can I interest you in some Grant Williams and Jaden Hardy for Chris Paul? I'm sure we can work out the other salary.
I know you are joking but man that would be an awful deal for Dallas

Bucks / Spurs was one of the most entertaining games of the NBA season. Wembanyama's array of highlight plays, invoked images of what he could be a few years from now when his body matures.

Devin is coming along nicely in his third season and will probably hit a sustainable peak next year, and in a perfect world he would be the third scoring option for the Spurs after Wemby and TBD. Is it okay if I daydream of a Wemby and LaMelo pairing?

I find it hard to believe that the Warriors would consider trading Klay at this point, especially for what would certainly be a disappointing return for fans. Better to just let him walk in the offseason. They would probably be looking at a return of something like Hachimura and Russell or Lowry and Robinson or something.

I think trading Draymond would be possible from a PR perspective with his recent troubles but finding a team who would put up with his **** for the next 3.5 years would be tricky. Indiana for Bruce Brown and Jalen Smith? The Lakers would take him but I doubt they would throw in a first rounder, so it would be for Russell or Hachimura. The Knicks for an injured but well-fitting Mitchell Robinson or maybe Fournier and a first? Brooklyn for Cam Johnson?

I wouldn't trade Chris Paul if I were them. He's actually been kind of good and has fixed their forever-a-problem second unit.

If I were them, I would look to trade Green for something useful (and hopefully cheaper) for next season, but otherwise hold for 2024 unless they can get especially good value for anything other than Curry and their young guys they like. Then in the offseason, try to reload/retool around Curry/Kuminga/Moody/Pod and maybe Wiggins, a cheap re-signed Klay, and a cheap re-signed Paul.

Nuggets have found their Bruce Brown replacement in 2nd-year man Peyton Watson.

19pts, 5 rebs last night in 19 mins. Clutch 3-ptr at 1:50 mark.

This Bucks/Spurs game has been a ton of fun. Been loving watching Giannis and Wembanyama trade blocks and dunks.

Speaking of what an NBA ball of clay specimen can do years later, watching Giannis ball out night after night is special. Effort may be the most underrated skill in basketball, and the Freak brings it every single game.

In the first half, Khris Middleton looked like he's almost back. If the Bucks hope to make a playoff run, they'll need him to be that 3rd option on offense and much better on defense than he was a month ago.

The Warriors may need to make a trade more than any other team in the association. First they need to decide what they're doing with Klay & Draymond.

If that group is being kept together, they need to move what they can to add a wing and a 5 that can defend and rebound with athleticism and effort. With Kuminga & Moody's upside and Chris Paul/Wiggins salaries they have options.

If GSW is breaking up the band, now's the time to make the move(s). Klay's contract is up soon, but he would be a great fit on many contenders. Draymond's recent issues give cover to the organization to move him after he just signed a new deal. I could see him generating a big return from some team desperate to improve their playoff lineup.

It's time for the Warriors to make some tough decisions. They've been taking half-measures for way too long.

The problem is they did pick a lane last year and it was trying to thread the needle, instead of going all in for a year run or rebuild.

I think it a big reason on why the GM left. My opinion is Myers wanted to let Green walk last summer, let Klay walk or trade him this yeae, probably trade Wiggins and Looney and let Steph mentor the new guys in a way that Dallas did with Dirk.

I think the owners and Kerr disagreed and this is what they have and they aren't going to pick a lane. Even though they should.

it would be fantastic. Get out of the Grant Williams mistake and Paul's expiring right? Williams isnt additive anyway, Paul at least becomes 3rd guard with Luke/Kyrie which is a role we need.

Imagine a world where instead of Wiseman, GSW took LaMelo. And instead of Kuminga, they took Franz Wagner. And instead of Moody, they took Sengun

The problem is they did pick a lane last year and it was trying to thread the needle, instead of going all in for a year run or rebuild.

I think it a big reason on why the GM left. My opinion is Myers wanted to let Green walk last summer, let Klay walk or trade him this yeae, probably trade Wiggins and Looney and let Steph mentor the new guys in a way that Dallas did with Dirk.

I think the owners and Kerr disagreed and this is what they have and they aren't going to pick a lane. Even though they should.

So long as they thread that needle to land on the 2024 draft pick between 5 and 10, I'll be the biggest Warrior fan north of Mt. Shasta. Although I guess technically I'll be rooting for them to lose two out of every three games, so maybe not a fan.

Jokic over his last 4 games:

- 39 of 44 FG shooting (89%)
- 4 of 4 3P shooting (100%)
- 10 of 11 FT shooting (91%)

Those numbers should be good enough to win Embid another MVP!!!
Since you brought it up . . .

Basketball Reference's current standings per their MVP Tracker:

Embiid - 42.7%
Jokic - 27.2%
SGA - 11.9%
Giannis - 8.6%
Luka - 3.3%
Haliburton - 2.3%
Tatum - 1.5%
Sabonis - 1.0%
Maxey - 0.8%
Dame - 0.7%

In case we need anymore info that Bill Simmons is an idiot

Bill Simmons’ trade idea: Miami Heat receive:LeBron James Gabe Vincent LA Lakers receive: Kyle Lowry Duncan Robinson Nikola Jovic First-round pick (Via Bill Simmons Podcast)

The Kings are wasting a down ballot MVP season from Fox because they are awful on the wing. Murray has flashed but he’s been only OK on balance. Huerter and Barnes are just bottom tier starters who are giving them nothing. Duarte has been a tire fire when he’s taken Huerter’s minutes. This team needs a trade but I don’t know who is out there that can help and would be available. I would even be down with one of those “trade every pick that’s not nailed down deals” for a SG or PF who could help them win a playoff round.
Zach lavine may be available..,
Huerter + Barnes for Lavine works in the trade machine :shrug:

Interesting video about trade rumors. The one that caught my attention the most is the Raptors trading Siakam sooner than later. The premise is that they lose their first round pick in the upcoming draft to the Spurs unless it lands in the top 6.

Interesting video about trade rumors. The one that caught my attention the most is the Raptors trading Siakam sooner than later. The premise is that they lose their first round pick in the upcoming draft to the Spurs unless it lands in the top 6.
Top 6 protected for the next 3 drafts. Might be better off losing it in this years lousy draft though

It’s going to be tough to guarantee that top 6 pick considering the head start that the wiz, pistons, blazers, hornets and spurs have.

Imagine a world where instead of Wiseman, GSW took LaMelo. And instead of Kuminga, they took Franz Wagner. And instead of Moody, they took Sengun

They probably don't win the title two years ago because with Lamelo they don't trade for or revive Wiggins career. Wagner and Sengun don't become the players they.are today because they aren't getting the playing time they need behind Green and Looney and even if they do they don't draft both of them.

Another awesome Tim Hardaway stat: leads the NBA in charges taken (per game and total). I seriously see him as like Jason Terry 2.0 in Dallas and will be very sad when we inevitably move him or let him go.

If I were Nico, I'd be building around Luka, Lively, Hardaway as my core. Kyrie, Josh Green, OMax would be really nice to have deliver on their potential. But the 4, backup 5, 3rd guard, and a more defensive minded wing would be perfect.

Imagine Aaron Gordon on this team instead of Grant Williams (or maybe Jerami Grant? Or DFS Maybe Harrison Barnes somehow? A Wiggins re-reclamation?). Then add Trace Jackson Davis or Isaiah Hartenstein or Valanciunas or healthy Steven Adams or anything like that with some bulk to deal better with Jokic, and this team is truly a contender.

2 hours ago, Shams reported that the kings were a serious suitor for siakam

He just reported that the Kings have pulled out of talks and it is dead.

Imagine Aaron Gordon on this team instead of Grant Williams (or maybe Jerami Grant? Or DFS Maybe Harrison Barnes somehow? A Wiggins re-reclamation?). Then add Trace Jackson Davis or Isaiah Hartenstein or Valanciunas or healthy Steven Adams or anything like that with some bulk to deal better with Jokic, and this team is truly a contender
How are you adding any of those guys?

Imagine Aaron Gordon on this team instead of Grant Williams (or maybe Jerami Grant? Or DFS Maybe Harrison Barnes somehow? A Wiggins re-reclamation?). Then add Trace Jackson Davis or Isaiah Hartenstein or Valanciunas or healthy Steven Adams or anything like that with some bulk to deal better with Jokic, and this team is truly a contender
They're not this year. Did I say they were? Just pointing out what's missing from this being a title team.

They're not this year. Did I say they were? Just pointing out what's missing from this being a title team.
Gotcha. Sorry misread. Carry on!

Even better would have that I think at the time there were rumors that they might trade down and pick Halliburton

it would be fantastic. Get out of the Grant Williams mistake and Paul's expiring right? Williams isnt additive anyway, Paul at least becomes 3rd guard with Luke/Kyrie which is a role we need.
Dante Exum is playing the third guard role quite well, isn't he? At least well enough that it seems pretty far down the list of what is ailing this team. And at least far enough down the list that you don't want to bring in a 38 year old making 30 million dollars.

:censored: Zion leg contusion, took himself out of the game last night in the third. :wall: but I can't find anything anywhere showing a particular play and our team insider seems to think it may just have been precautionary more than anything, given that we were pretty much getting destroyed by poopbeard and company. Tough stretch of games coming up. Not on the ledge just yet.

Dante Exum is playing the third guard role quite well, isn't he? At least well enough that it seems pretty far down the list of what is ailing this team. And at least far enough down the list that you don't want to bring in a 38 year old making 30 million dollars.
I have really liked Exum. He's been out for a bit now. I would still make that trade easily. It's not even about this year it's about not being anchored by Grant Williams for 3 more years.

Users who are viewing this thread