What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: Celtics win East and now wait to see whether Luka or Kyrie suffer season-ending injury (51 Viewers)

Draymond doesn’t want to hoop anymore he just wants to fight dudes. It’s all so tired.
Draymond is who he always has been, but the Warriors aren't as charming because they aren't constantly winning, we get less Steph fun clips, Klay's dopey act isn't as fun when he's older slower and not shooting lights out...but this is the same guy who spent the prime years of a dynasty nut kicking people.

Draymond should get a 25 game suspension at this point. And the Warriors should be thrilled about it because he sucks and it will save them a ton of luxury tax.

Seriously...what the hell was that punch? :lmao:

When are they going to stop letting this guy get away with stuff like that?

Guy is a criminal.

Honestly, they should give him half a season and give Kerr 5 games as well. Send a message to the coach that if you are going to keep enabling this behavior, then you are going to suffer some consequences as well.
Not to be overly dramatic but a 250 pound man swinging an arm in a club like fashion like that could actually kill someone if the blow lands the right way.

Draymond doesn’t want to hoop anymore he just wants to fight dudes. It’s all so tired.
he's the guy at the Y that was never really athletic to begin with, but who has now lost any ability to move quickly, jump at all or be competitive so he prides himself on playing dirty and making everyone else in the gym angry because he thinks it's "his competitive streak and he can't help it".

he's the guy at the Y that was never really athletic to begin with, but who has now lost any ability to move quickly, jump at all or be competitive so he prides himself on playing dirty and making everyone else in the gym angry because he thinks it's "his competitive streak and he can't help it".
Agreed. Cowherd (who I barely watch anymore, and his constant defense of Green is a big reason why) after the choke a month ago tried to play it off like, "every bar needs a bouncer," as if Green is just doing this stuff because he is the team's bouncer and it is part of the job, but that is a horrible way to look at it.

Agreed. Cowherd (who I barely watch anymore, and his constant defense of Green is a big reason why) after the choke a month ago tried to play it off like, "every bar needs a bouncer," as if Green is just doing this stuff because he is the team's bouncer and it is part of the job, but that is a horrible way to look at it.
hard fouls are one thing. jumping in to get between your teammate and an opponent is a thing, but flailing your arms and legs to kick/punch, in an obvious temper tantrum, thinking you can say "it was an accident" or that you didn't do anything wrong is something a child does.

every team needs a big man or two that will get physical and play hard.. no team needs a temperamental baby who thinks he's a big man for acting like a child. if nothing else, it's embarrassing.

guy has basketball IQ and all that. he's a valuable connector, but he's also a giant ******* who i'd be willing to bet most people in the Warriors organization cannot stand but who feel compelled to play nice with. that happens in abusive relationships.

Honestly, they should give him half a season and give Kerr 5 games as well. Send a message to the coach that if you are going to keep enabling this behavior, then you are going to suffer some consequences as well.
Not to be overly dramatic but a 250 pound man swinging an arm in a club like fashion like that could actually kill someone if the blow lands the right way.

You aren't being dramatic at all. The NBA and GSW need to seriously think about the length of this suspension. Let's say that blow caught Nurkic on the temple and killed him. How much money could his family sue them both for and win? 100's of millions? 1 billion? Everybody has seen his behavior and KNOWS he is violent - not just physical. Hell, Nurkic should do the world a favor and threaten to sue unless they kick him out of the league. He'd probably become my favorite player and I don't know who the hell he is other than GM thinks he sucks.

The "best" part of the video is Green tries to justify it to the ref because Nurkik was holding him at the hip.
Yeah. It was a horrifying act and Draymonds “acting” was almost more horrifying. The way he acted like he was massively tangled in order to kinda wind up his arms to build more momentum for the strike was disturbing for me to watch. The league needs to come down hard imo. The dude is legitimately trying to seriously try to injure other players while trying to act and make it look like a basketball play. Thats potentially a huge liability for the league- because at this point- if he does really injure someone badly- its quite obvious that the argument could be made that the league saw it coming and failed in preventing it.

It's been well documented around these parts that I dislike Draymond more than most, but some of the reactions in here are over the top.

The guy has always acted like the rules don't apply to him and thinks he's something he's not. When the Warriors were winning they could just ignore it, but now they are just an average team despite an all-time great on their team still playing at an exceptional level.

I'm just surprised someone bigger and stronger than him hasn't retaliated. Where's Rick Mahorn or Charles Oakley when you need them?

This is being way overdramatic, FYI

No, it's not. Have you not ever heard of people going to jail for manslaughter. You don't think under the right circumstances that blow hits Nurkic and either causes trauma directly or he hits his head on the court and kills him? Is it likely to happen, of course not. But it absolutely could and for them to give him 5 or 10 games (or even 20) will be a joke. As I think somebody pointed out - if you did that to someone in front of the world you could easily be charged with aggravated assault.

Not far off but probably best to confer with Jayrod. Even scrawny teenagers can inflict some damage.

No, it's not. Have you not ever heard of people going to jail for manslaughter. You don't think under the right circumstances that blow hits Nurkic and either causes trauma directly or he hits his head on the court and kills him? Is it likely to happen, of course not. But it absolutely could and for them to give him 5 or 10 games (or even 20) will be a joke. As I think somebody pointed out - if you did that to someone in front of the world you could easily be charged with aggravated assault.
Believe the English hockey player got charged recently after his high skate got the other player’s throat

If you boxed somebody out on the street you could be charged. or if you checked someone into a storefront. Or tackled them in a park. Trying to equate what happens in a sporting event to real life is foolish

If you boxed somebody out on the street you could be charged. or if you checked someone into a storefront. Or tackled them in a park. Trying to equate what happens in a sporting event to real life is foolish

Ok, fine except what he did was in no way a sports activity move. He punched the guy - he absolutely could severely injure another player and it's not out of the possibility he could kill someone. They should suspend him for the rest of the regular season, at a minimum (IMO.

Ever heard of Rudy Tomjanovich?
Yes. And he is still alive today
After suffering “life-threatening head and spinal injuries.”
Yes, and he fully recovered.

Yes. And the fact that they were “life threatening” confirms that someone could, in fact, be killed with such a punch.

You aren't being dramatic at all. The NBA and GSW need to seriously think about the length of this suspension. Let's say that blow caught Nurkic on the temple and killed him. How much money could his family sue them both for and win? 100's of millions? 1 billion? Everybody has seen his behavior and KNOWS he is violent - not just physical. Hell, Nurkic should do the world a favor and threaten to sue unless they kick him out of the league. He'd probably become my favorite player and I don't know who the hell he is other than GM thinks he sucks.

Did you have your pinky by your mouth when you said one billion dollars?

This is ridiculous and over the top. That being said Green should be suspended for a minimum of 25 games.

You seriously have never read any news stories about someone dying from a punch or subsequently hitting their head on the ground after a blow?

No one said he should he arrested just that the NBA shouldn’t allow him to continuously get away with stuff like this.

Last edited:
hard fouls are one thing. jumping in to get between your teammate and an opponent is a thing, but flailing your arms and legs to kick/punch, in an obvious temper tantrum, thinking you can say "it was an accident" or that you didn't do anything wrong is something a child does.

every team needs a big man or two that will get physical and play hard.. no team needs a temperamental baby who thinks he's a big man for acting like a child. if nothing else, it's embarrassing.

guy has basketball IQ and all that. he's a valuable connector, but he's also a giant ******* who i'd be willing to bet most people in the Warriors organization cannot stand but who feel compelled to play nice with. that happens in abusive relationships.
This is not really directed at you, but in general, I am tired of hearing what a great basketball IQ he has, what a high character person he is, and what a great teammate he is. It's all a crock of you-know-what. You know who great teammates are? Ones who are there when you need them and aren't getting themselves suspended all the time. I chuckle too at Kerr saying he knows better, when clearly he doesn't. That is why the NBA needs to lay down the hammer super hard because previous discipline hasn't worked (and I am not sure that any more will). He needs to be removed from the league for a while for the safety of other players.

This is not really directed at you, but in general, I am tired of hearing what a great basketball IQ he has, what a high character person he is, and what a great teammate he is. It's all a crock of you-know-what. You know who great teammates are? Ones who are there when you need them and aren't getting themselves suspended all the time. I chuckle too at Kerr saying he knows better, when clearly he doesn't. That is why the NBA needs to lay down the hammer super hard because previous discipline hasn't worked (and I am not sure that any more will). He needs to be removed from the league for a while for the safety of other players.
i'd say objectively he understands basketball very well. spacing, rotations, court vision, etc.

that doesn't mean anything about his character, how he is as a teammate or person. those are separate.

I know migraines are a serious thing, but this headline isn't doing Richardson any favours lol

Josh Richardson (headache) has been ruled out for Wednesday’s game against the Hornets

That being said Green should be suspended for a minimum of 25 games.

It should at least be double digits. Doubt he'll get 25 though. They only give that to guys like Morant who legally carry.

I doubt it will happen either, but it should.
I very much agree with that. I have a feeling that what I’d want him to get versus what he actually gets will involve a pretty big disparity. I want him to get 20-25 games—but my guess is that the league will give him 5 or 10 games. I think that the players union could come into play in regards to an appeal if they think that the league is too severe. What a weird spot for the players union to be in. The league coming down hard on Draymond would arguably be to protect the other players on the court from his antics—but at the same time—the players union also wants to protect the financial rights of an individual player from overly severe punishments.

the Warriors are saving $500k in luxury tax payments for every game Green misses. I wonder if they were secretly urging the league to put the hammer down.

Starting to get a little concerned that Golden State's 2024 1st rounder will get that top 4 lottery protection now. This team is going to be awful. When do they start unloading their stars? Or is it too late?

Starting to get a little concerned that Golden State's 2024 1st rounder will get that top 4 lottery protection now. This team is going to be awful. When do they start unloading their stars? Or is it too late?
Steph is probably the only GSW star with positive trade value. From a cold and emotionless team-building perspective, it would probably make sense to trade him, but I doubt that ever happens. He’ll likely get the Dirk/Kobe treatment, allowed to stay around for as long as he’d like—even when his game is in steep decline.

Users who are viewing this thread