What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: Mavs - Boston it is (26 Viewers)

Sheeeeeeeesh the magic looked good. Might be the year they return to relevancy.
I agree with you, like them a lot, but man the rockets are gonna be a dumpster fire

The Magic were impressive. Deep bench and killed Houston in all facets. Cool they have two German bros playing together.

I'm a little more hopeful on the Rockets and just think they need time to figure it. Too much talent on that team to lose by 30 to the Magic. Looked like a lot of the team was still stuck in their iso mode days.

Not sure it makes sense to keep Wemby out for so long because of foul trouble when you're losing the game...
I believe the thought is that winning and losing is seconardy to bringing Wemby along slowly. Like, they aren't tanking, but they aren't going to sacrifice his development by pushing him in the 1st game of the year either.

Not sure it makes sense to keep Wemby out for so long because of foul trouble when you're losing the game...
I believe the thought is that winning and losing is seconardy to bringing Wemby along slowly. Like, they aren't tanking, but they aren't going to sacrifice his development by pushing him in the 1st game of the year either.
You and Pop could be right. But I need those imaginary points from his minutes damnit.

Porzingis was tremendous tonight. The Celtics defense is very good with Jrue, White, Brown, Tatum, Horford & Porzingis.

However, Jaylen Brown should not touch the ball down the stretch. He tried to give the game away in the 4th.

Tatum looked really good too and Derrick White shaved his head, so the sky's the limit.

I love Lively so much. Everything Dallas has needed since Tyson Chandler left. Man is he exciting to have.
I knew nothing about him until last night.

Getting Luka & Kyrie a better supporting cast is scary. They looked great last night (but San Antonio isn't really very good yet).

I love Lively so much. Everything Dallas has needed since Tyson Chandler left. Man is he exciting to have.

Getting Luka & Kyrie a better supporting cast is scary. They looked great last night (but San Antonio isn't really very good yet).
I wouldn't say great. Lively looked great.

No idea wtf they think they'll get out of Derrick Jones Jr but maybe I'm wrong. As excited as I was to get Curry back, and I think Exum is a great bet for possible reward, it sucks not seeing Prosper play, and I'm not sure where Hardy's minutes come from when he's no longer injured. It's really too bad there wasn't some sort of Ayton Hardaway + Green option or something because big is still where this team is super thin.

I think an ideal lineup would be Maxi and Lively plus Prosper or Green alongside Luka and Kyrie. Great mix of offense and defense, size/speed, etc. Then you've got Hardy and Hardaway coming in as needed, and you need a 3rd rotation big, ideally a thick guy since Kleber and Lively are both sticks.

They beat the Rockets bud
Nobody said they are winning the title this year but I think it’s ok if a fan of a long terrible franchise gets excited over a 30 point opening day win. I mean it’s not as great as giving a guy 300M who can’t dribble left but it’s something.

No idea wtf they think they'll get out of Derrick Jones Jr but maybe I'm wrong. As excited as I was to get Curry back, and I think Exum is a great bet for possible reward, it sucks not seeing Prosper play, and I'm not sure where Hardy's minutes come from when he's no longer injured. It's really too bad there wasn't some sort of Ayton Hardaway + Green option or something because big is still where this team is super thin.

I think an ideal lineup would be Maxi and Lively plus Prosper or Green alongside Luka and Kyrie. Great mix of offense and defense, size/speed, etc. Then you've got Hardy and Hardaway coming in as needed, and you need a 3rd rotation big, ideally a thick guy since Kleber and Lively are both sticks.
Luka and Kyrie are as good as any 1-2 punch offensively. Probably only peers would be Booker/Durant and Jokic/Murray.

They don't need to be great defensively, just serviceable (which they weren't last year). I'm surprised you don't have Grant Williams in your ideal lineups. He's undersized as a 4, but he's a pretty decent 3 and D guy at SF. I think he becomes their regular starter, but I don't know the team as well as you do. I know nothing about Prosper and think Josh Green is a JAG. Grant Williams shooting and tenacity on D brings a lot to the table after watching him for the last few years. He's smart and hustles, just couldn't consistently crack the starting rotation in Boston with their depth. I do know Boston didn't want to give him up but felt they had to with all of their high-dollar players.

Mavs should definitely be more dangerous this year no matter what they do with their lineup.

Luka and Kyrie are as good as any 1-2 punch offensively. Probably only peers would be Booker/Durant and Jokic/Murray.

They don't need to be great defensively, just serviceable (which they weren't last year). I'm surprised you don't have Grant Williams in your ideal lineups. He's undersized as a 4, but he's a pretty decent 3 and D guy at SF. I think he becomes their regular starter, but I don't know the team as well as you do. I know nothing about Prosper and think Josh Green is a JAG. Grant Williams shooting and tenacity on D brings a lot to the table after watching him for the last few years. He's smart and hustles, just couldn't consistently crack the starting rotation in Boston with their depth. I do know Boston didn't want to give him up but felt they had to with all of their high-dollar players.

Mavs should definitely be more dangerous this year no matter what they do with their lineup.
Giannis/Lillard

Giannis/Lillard
Good point. Haven't seen them in action yet and just forgot about them.

And mother****s act like they forgot about Dre.

Porzingis was tremendous tonight. The Celtics defense is very good with Jrue, White, Brown, Tatum, Horford & Porzingis.

However, Jaylen Brown should not touch the ball down the stretch. He tried to give the game away in the 4th.

Tatum looked really good too and Derrick White shaved his head, so the sky's the limit.

It is so odd how White's new do makes him look like more of a bad ***...every time I watch the C's I initially ask "who is that?"

It is so odd how White's new do makes him look like more of a bad ***...every time I watch the C's I initially ask "who is that?"
My son last night. "Wait, White shaved his head? It's about time. He looked ridiculous."

Nobody said they are winning the title this year but I think it’s ok if a fan of a long terrible franchise gets excited over a 30 point opening day win. I mean it’s not as great as giving a guy 300M who can’t dribble left but it’s something.
Yea been a rough go being a Celtic fan these past years

You’ve got one title in 37 years. Most of your franchise’s history was when mailmen were playing ball. That’s cool and all but you aren’t the Lakers or Warriors anymore. :shrug:

Giannis/Lillard

VanVleet/Brooks

You’ve got one title in 37 years. Most of your franchise’s history was when mailmen were playing ball. That’s cool and all but you aren’t the Lakers or Warriors anymore. :shrug:

:lmao:

My son last night. "Wait, White shaved his head? It's about time. He looked ridiculous."
Hah. Noticed that when i went to see the Celtics in preseason here. Good decision.

I coudl see Grant in my swingman spot. He shot it well last night but I did keep forgetting he's out there which isnt a great sign.

Hah. Noticed that when i went to see the Celtics in preseason here. Good decision.

I remember never laughing so hard during Inside The NBA. I'm going to miss that hairline:

the White hair look is......concerning

anteater was pretty bad tonight looked like he was pressing took too many long shots including some dumb threes and had a lot of missed fts even for him but he still changed the game in good ways at points but dame is unreal all i can say is wow take that to the bank brohans

anteater was pretty bad tonight looked like he was pressing took too many long shots including some dumb threes and had a lot of missed fts even for him but he still changed the game in good ways at points but dame is unreal all i can say is wow take that to the bank brohans

One thing I was hoping was by adding a new coach and superstar long range shooter, maybe the Bucks could finally convince Giannis to stop jacking up 3’s, especially in crucial situations. Looks like that was too much to hope for.

One thing I was hoping was by adding a new coach and superstar long range shooter, maybe the Bucks could finally convince Giannis to stop jacking up 3’s, especially in crucial situations. Looks like that was too much to hope for.
i really feel like he was pressing especially after dame had that run in the second where he scored several times in a row it was like giannis was trying to prove that he is also the man and he will be but philly really knows how to build that wall against him and execute it well but that is the nice thing about having dame a game like that for anteater used to mean we lost well not last night take that to the bank bromigo

Giannis was -13 last night in 35 minutes

In the last 50 games prior to last night when Giannis had a plus/minus of -9 or worse, the Bucks were 0-50

Dame Time
i saw the play at the end of teh game where Giannis throws the ball near the basket and catches it, and the refs shrugged. I guess traveling isn't a thing anymore?

In the last 50 games prior to last night when Giannis had a plus/minus of -9 or worse, the Bucks were 0-50

Dame Time
i saw the play at the end of teh game where Giannis throws the ball near the basket and catches it, and the refs shrugged. I guess traveling isn't a thing anymore?
it is so crazy that you saw that because that was the only call that any ref missed in the nba ever good catch bromigo take that to the bank

Dame Time
it is so crazy that you saw that because that was the only call that any ref missed in the nba ever good catch bromigo take that to the bank
:drive:

Users who are viewing this thread