What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: Mavs - Boston it is (24 Viewers)

Totally agree and oddly enough as a Celtics fan I am happy Lillard ended up with the Bucks because it got Jrue to Boston and he is exactly what they needed.
Definitely. Jrue is a better fit for what they have than Lillard. He is an upgrade over Smart and Porzingis is an upgrade over RW3. It cost them depth in Brogdon and Grant Williams. They are better if all healthy, but worse if there is an injury to one of the key 6 guys.

IMO the additions vastly outweighs the loses both on the court and in the intangibles…I have faith that with all those seconds and with most of their 1’s that Stevens can beef up the depth if they need to…the Pritchard extension was interesting…hopefully they commit to him and he gets more comfortable and because a reliable role player.

Totally agree and oddly enough as a Celtics fan I am happy Lillard ended up with the Bucks because it got Jrue to Boston and he is exactly what they needed.
Definitely. Jrue is a better fit for what they have than Lillard. He is an upgrade over Smart and Porzingis is an upgrade over RW3. It cost them depth in Brogdon and Grant Williams. They are better if all healthy, but worse if there is an injury to one of the key 6 guys.

Kai Jones released by Hornets after his consistently bizarre behavior over the past few months.

What a horrific trade that was by the Hornets. The new ownership needs to get rid of Kupchak ASAP.

What a horrific trade that was by the Hornets. The new ownership needs to get rid of Kupchak ASAP.
Obviously Jones didn't work out, but didn't they get him for free?
No, they traded a first for him: 1-18 in 2022, 1-16 in 2023, 1-14 in 2024 and 1-14 in 2025. Then 2 2nds. Which I would guess will probably not end up being a 1st, but the pick is encumbered for years. And Jones seemed terrible on the floor from the minute he got out there and never improved. I understand the theory of his athletic profile, but just a huge whiff.

No, they traded a first for him: 1-18 in 2022, 1-16 in 2023, 1-14 in 2024 and 1-14 in 2025. Then 2 2nds. Which I would guess will probably not end up being a 1st, but the pick is encumbered for years. And Jones seemed terrible on the floor from the minute he got out there and never improved. I understand the theory of his athletic profile, but just a huge whiff.
No even their worst pick of that first round.

well at least their small forward is coming back and will be toeing the line this year... wait, wait, I'm getting something in my ear...

well at least their small forward is coming back and will be toeing the line this year... wait, wait, I'm getting something in my ear...
More minutes for the squeaky clean Brandon Miller

ESPN names Giannis #1 ranked player in NBA.

Joker dissed yet again
I LOVE Jokic, but I'm OK with it. They are 1A & 1B in my opinion. When Giannis is motivated and plays at full speed, he may be the best player in the world. He has paced himself a bit more the last few years and Jokic outplayed him, but at their very best I'm not sure who is better.

Lol. Miles Bridges throws pool balls at his children’s moms car with the kids in it. Child abuse charges filed
Pool table balls which smashed her window, per the athletic. Which was probably what you meant, but I was imagining inflatable pool toys when I first read this.

Joker dissed yet again
I LOVE Jokic, but I'm OK with it. They are 1A & 1B in my opinion. When Giannis is motivated and plays at full speed, he may be the best player in the world. He has paced himself a bit more the last few years and Jokic outplayed him, but at their very best I'm not sure who is better.
Tie goes to the guy who just won a championship, Finals MVP, put up the first 30-20-10 triple double in Finals history, first player in NBA history w/ 600 pts, 250 rebounds and 150 assists in a playoff run, etc. etc.

Other than that, 1A and 1B for sure

Joker dissed yet again

At his absolute best a few seasons ago, maybe. Its hard to say Giannis was pacing himself last year when they lost in the first round in five games to the same team that Jokic beat handily in five games.

Joker dissed yet again

At his absolute best a few seasons ago, maybe. Its hard to say Giannis was pacing himself last year when they lost in the first round in five games to the same team that Jokic beat handily in five games.
Giannis played 10 minutes in game 1 and missed games 2 & 3, came back at less than 100% for games 4 & 5 and the Heat shot 45% from 3 for the series.

He paced himself during the regular season. They still had the best record in the NBA.

I love Jokic and agree with you that he is better than Giannis, but lets not act like it is an obvious and forgone conclusion.

It’s amazing that after losing out on millions and millions as well as the public embarrassment that he would put himself in this situation again. I’m not sure he’ll get another chance.

He shouldn't. He should be suspended without pay while this plays out, the NBA should do their own investigation and assuming he is guilty of this his contract should be terminated and he should be banned from the league.

It’s amazing that after losing out on millions and millions as well as the public embarrassment that he would put himself in this situation again. I’m not sure he’ll get another chance.

He shouldn't. He should be suspended without pay while this plays out, the NBA should do their own investigation and assuming he is guilty of this his contract should be terminated and he should be banned from the league.

Caught some local sports guys talking about the current "Face of the NBA" and outside of Steph, really struggled to come up with a good one; today's MJ or Magic and I get it....Joker and Giannis are great but they aren't great ambassadors for the sport for various reasons.

Anyhow, I left the car for about an hour and when I came back the same guys were talking about this insidious Bridges news. To come full circle they said they may not know who the current face of the NBA should be but it SHOULD DEFINITLEY NOT be letting abusers like Bridges to take a Gap Year and come back to play It's time Adam Silver takes a hard line and says "No More. Not here. Not on my watch."

Good show. Danny Marangh who Heat fans HATE on Twitter.

Joker dissed yet again
Tie goes to the guy who just won a championship, Finals MVP, put up the first 30-20-10 triple double in Finals history, first player in NBA history w/ 600 pts, 250 rebounds and 150 assists in a playoff run, etc. etc.

Other than that, 1A and 1B for sure

The ESPN survey is not about the past but asked the question, "Which player will be better in 2023-24?" The Antetokounmpo discussion notes that he’ll be playing with Lillard this upcoming season which I guess voters thought will be significant.

Hornets in the news for all the wrong reasons this week, but I'm excited to see how the young guys play. Williams looked very good at the 5 last year and did not have a much time at all with Lamelo. Brandon Miller is going to get a lot more time than he would if Bridges wasn't such a POS. Definitely a squad that could use some veteran leadership (Rosier and Gordon aren't it), but reasons to be optimistic on the court.

Hornets in the news for all the wrong reasons this week, but I'm excited to see how the young guys play. Williams looked very good at the 5 last year and did not have a much time at all with Lamelo. Brandon Miller is going to get a lot more time than he would if Bridges wasn't such a POS. Definitely a squad that could use some veteran leadership (Rosier and Gordon aren't it), but reasons to be optimistic on the court.

As a Piston fan I feel your pain, but I wouldn't be excited as a Hornet fan. Bridges is a PoS, I think Ball is already dreaming about his next team, and I am not a fan on Miller. I could be wrong, but I think he ends up being a bust.

If it makes you feel better Cade can't stay healthy for us, I am not sure if Ivey will ever be an average shooter, we have no wings and 14 centers. If they put up peach baskets at LCA we might have something to look forward too.

As a Piston fan I feel your pain, but I wouldn't be excited as a Hornet fan. Bridges is a PoS, I think Ball is already dreaming about his next team, and I am not a fan on Miller. I could be wrong, but I think he ends up being a bust.

If it makes you feel better Cade can't stay healthy for us, I am not sure if Ivey will ever be an average shooter, we have no wings and 14 centers. If they put up peach baskets at LCA we might have something to look forward too.
Lamelo already signed the extension. So, if he wants to move on, it will at least return assets. He's gotta stay healthy and is a bit of a knuckle-head though.

Whole lot of folks pretty quiet this evening after Nurkic cooked Ayton. 🤔 Made Nurkic look like Jokic tonight.

Have fun dealing with Ayton's max deal and softness. He folds like a cheap tent in real games too. :thumbup:

Whole lot of folks pretty quiet this evening after Nurkic cooked Ayton. 🤔 Made Nurkic look like Jokic tonight.

Have fun dealing with Ayton's max deal and softness. He folds like a cheap tent in real games too. :thumbup:

Lol, we are quiet because it is preseason, but we still understand you hate him.

Giannis puts up 30 a night and was named by his peers as the best defensive player in the NBA. Remind me again why it's such a slight to Jokic that he's rated the #1 player in the league?

It's crazy the Suns got someone to take on that deal. And were able to get anything in return. It was more of the same last night. Ayton just offers zero resistance to any physicality.

Nurkic looked fantastic last night as a distributor and at least a threat to hit from deep. Can be a great role player for them.

Caught some local sports guys talking about the current "Face of the NBA" and outside of Steph, really struggled to come up with a good one;
It's still Lebron

I disagree.
I have no experience, so forgive me...but is it hurtful to be wrong so often on so many topics?

Probably feels a lot like being a fan of Minnesota sports teams.
:shrug:

I'm a Boston sports fan there pal

Caught some local sports guys talking about the current "Face of the NBA" and outside of Steph, really struggled to come up with a good one;
It's still Lebron

I disagree.
I have no experience, so forgive me...but is it hurtful to be wrong so often on so many topics?

Oh. Well, enjoy the Patriots' game this weekend I guess.

Still preseason and all, but...Is Ben Simmons back??? :scared:
Are people actually all that excited about Simmons scoring 6 points in 22 minutes against an Israeli team? Sure, his total numbers were solid, but how much stock do people put in preseason games against non-NBA opponents when that team's country just got dragged into a war? I'm willing to go so far as to say he looks better than last year, but "back" is a stretch for me.

Are people actually all that excited about Simmons scoring 6 points in 22 minutes against an Israeli team? Sure, his total numbers were solid, but how much stock do people put in preseason games against non-NBA opponents when that team's country just got dragged into a war? I'm willing to go so far as to say he looks better than last year, but "back" is a stretch for me.
Was good against the Lakers on Monday as well. What's more intriguing than the box score stats is the return of his athleticism, though - the back issues aren't bothering him right now and it's a night and day difference. At the very least, he's looking like an actual NBA player again, which is nice for a guy who's owed $30 million/year.

It's still Lebron

I disagree.

Oh. Well, enjoy the Patriots' game this weekend I guess.
haha. You are the worst (the best worst though)

Was good against the Lakers on Monday as well. What's more intriguing than the box score stats is the return of his athleticism, though - the back issues aren't bothering him right now and it's a night and day difference. At the very least, he's looking like an actual NBA player again, which is nice for a guy who's owed $30 million/year.
From the clips I have seen, yes, Simmons looks more fluid, athletic, and engaged. That's great that he looks better than he has, but he hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy for the past couple of years (and his numbers dropped off accordingly). Good on him if he can get back to playing 2,000+ minutes at the level he was his first or second year in the league. Hopefully he has moved past his physical and mental health issues . . . I'm just not willing to say he's back to what he used to be after 30+ minutes of preseason basketball.

From the clips I have seen, yes, Simmons looks more fluid, athletic, and engaged. That's great that he looks better than he has, but he hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy for the past couple of years (and his numbers dropped off accordingly). Good on him if he can get back to playing 2,000+ minutes at the level he was his first or second year in the league. Hopefully he has moved past his physical and mental health issues . . . I'm just not willing to say he's back to what he used to be after 30+ minutes of preseason basketball.

But, that's all that was needed to suggest Yusef Nuric is the next Joker!

I saw him go 10-10 from corner 3s in warmups though too.

Users who are viewing this thread