What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL Amazing Race 36 Thread - Mostly South America Edition *** (1 Viewer)

I thought I would barf when Vinny asks Ms Neurotic to marry him after they were eliminated as Team #4
I have not hated a team or rooted against a team that much since the Mom/Son team as eliminated a couple episodes back.
I thought it was interesting having most of the race in South America the whole time, anyone who spoke Spanish had the edge

-I especially hated when the blonde w/Vinny would not leave a task/roadblock to wait on other teams, the mom/son team made me want to puke, when she was picking cocoa beans or whatever, I thought that was the end of them for sure but they kept hanging around. Did anyone hear a single word about a possible dad/ex-husband? Apparently he was an immaculate conception which if you watched this season, shouldn't surprise anyone.

Yes, this was definitely a weak season. Both the Covid affected seasons were bad. Thank goodness the Race is back to pre-Covid circumstances. I would like to see the private booking of flights again. It made it much more fun to watch.

Surprised how good/consistent the boyfriends are.

Yeah, I'm not going to scroll up, but I feel like people were questioning their fitness, and I'll admit that I silently was, too. To see them beat the other two teams to the top of that hill was amazing. They're a force!
The teams that have a Spanish speaker are going to do well this season. I like the boyfriends.
:yawn:

All 3 final teams were likable. Marriage proposal was gross. And I wish the mom and son team hadn’t have gotten hosed. Terrible season.

Totally fair that they picked the final city to be where Ricky grew up.

Fixing your hair? Really? :lmao:
Said the same. Can't they pick a final city once all the contestants are chosen so no one has the advantage.
Not a great season.
What was up with the guy telling them that Pat and Gino's were pizza places. If he was just messin' with them that's ****ed up.
Their fault that they went to Jersey, but still...
The funny thing is, Pat’s Select has better cheesesteaks than Pat’s and Geno’s.

Said the same. Can't they pick a final city once all the contestants are chosen so no one has the advantage.
Not a great season.
What was up with the guy telling them that Pat and Gino's were pizza places. If he was just messin' with them that's ****ed up.
Still in Jersey. The dude who sent them there needs to turn in his Philly card.

Not a great season.
Still in Jersey. The dude who sent them there needs to turn in his Philly card.
Um, I know?

For those saying Ricky/Cesar had so many advantages, I'd just like to point out that they faltered on that parasurfing challenge and were significantly behind after it. If Rod/Leticia hadn't messed up so badly memorizing the preamble to our constitution they had a very good chance of winning the entire thing. I wasn't a fan of Ricky/Cesar but they ran the best/most consistent race with the least number of mistakes. I don't think one's ability to speak Spanish or the other growing up in Philly had a significant impact on the outcome of this race.

that proposal. goodness, what an awful pair to get married. This can't be fun for them rewatching this.
If she said no, would we even know due to editing?
Makes you wonder how many proposals have happened and been rejected after an argumentative race.

For those saying Ricky/Cesar had so many advantages, I'd just like to point out that they faltered on that parasurfing challenge and were significantly behind after it. If Rod/Leticia hadn't messed up so badly memorizing the preamble to our constitution they had a very good chance of winning the entire thing. I wasn't a fan of Ricky/Cesar but they ran the best/most consistent race with the least number of mistakes. I don't think one's ability to speak Spanish or the other growing up in Philly had a significant impact on the outcome of this race.
Many teams had at least one person who could speak Spanish, so that criticism is overblown. But it had to be a huge help that Ricky had a general sense of where he was on the last leg. All they ever had to ask for was the entrance ramp to 95 North — and believe me as a local, those are hard to find. And he certainly knew that Pat’s and Geno’s are a) cheesesteak places, not pizza places and b) in South Philly, not NJ.

But I’m happy for him. Southwest Philly is a ROUGH place to grow up, and it’s probably an even worse experience if you’re gay.

You can see the budget cuts in real time which was really the disappointing thing about this season. I mean the first season after COVID things were understandable just to be able to get around but it feels like they kept some of those elements as a dollars thing. Reminded me the most of the Family Edition of the race which is about the most damning thing I can say about it.

Really hope that couple ends up not getting married. So toxic.

A likeable enough team won so at least there was that.
Though this easy mode version has me again thinking I can do it some day lol.

-QG

You can see the budget cuts in real time which was really the disappointing thing about this season. I mean the first season after COVID things were understandable just to be able to get around but it feels like they kept some of those elements as a dollars thing. Reminded me the most of the Family Edition of the race which is about the most damning thing I can say about it.

Really hope that couple ends up not getting married. So toxic.

A likeable enough team won so at least there was that.
Though this easy mode version has me again thinking I can do it some day lol.

-QG
I believe this season was out of order and was the one right after the Covid season, so still had that feel. Moving forward all seasons should be back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread