What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tell Us Something That Brought You Joy & Made You Smile Today (2 Viewers)

General Malaise

Footballguy
I'll start though technically this happened yesterday....

Spring has FINALLY sprung here in Oregon and so after a seemingly endless deluge of rain and cold temps in the area, yesterday was near 70 and gorgeous. I came home early to do some much needed yardwork, including mowing the backyard which had grass up to my shins in parts. My dog was thrilled to have me home early and likes to go out and watch me mow the yard.

As soon as I mowed a nice stripe down the middle of the yard, doggo sprinted out to the newly cut grass area and just rolled around in it like an otter in a stream. He looked so happy I almost shut off the mower to roll around with him. That made me smile and brought me joy.

Whose next?

Listening to Cactus for the first time ever today. Several of their songs bring to mind the music you might hear walking around Blues Fest in Chicago. Great times with family and friends.

Listening to Cactus for the first time ever today. Several of their songs bring to mind the music you might hear walking around Blues Fest in Chicago. Great times with family and friends.

Thank you for the recommendation, I shall play this tonight sitting in the back yard with a cold one, grill going and admiring my freshly shorn grass.

My daughter's last day of high school today. She's came home with a solid 30+ mins of nonstop talking/story telling. We tend to not get a lot of those anymore, so when we do they're a pretty pleasant surprise that always makes the day better.

Gosh, that makes me feel old. I remember when she was born.....CONGRATS!

Technically, this is kind of a week of somethings but....

I started a new job last week. This is my 6th day on the job.

I got 40% increase in pay and now work from home full time instead of full time in the office.

Last night I sent an exit interview document to my old employer where I basically told them they underappreciated and underpaid me for at least the last 2 years. It felt pretty good to hit send on that email.

Also got to spend some time outside with my dog a couple of times during lunch breaks which is awesome and start dinner right at 5:00 instead of driving home in traffic at that time.

Just finished a nice, relaxing drive home. I enjoy road trips, especially when I have the weekend to recover a bit from a long one.

What did you listen to or did you drive in silence? Had a road trip recently where I just had the sunroof down and listened to the sounds of fresh air coming into the little sports' car I'm borrowing from my son (he's in Spain).

I got 40% increase in pay and now work from home full time instead of full time in the office.

Last night I sent an exit interview document to my old employer where I basically told them they underappreciated and underpaid me for at least the last 2 years. It felt pretty good to hit send on that email.

Also got to spend some time outside with my dog a couple of times during lunch breaks which is awesome and start dinner right at 5:00 instead of driving home in traffic at that time.

All your missing a Celtics' win this weekend, then it's ALL coming up Jayrod!

Just finished a nice, relaxing drive home. I enjoy road trips, especially when I have the weekend to recover a bit from a long one.

What did you listen to or did you drive in silence? Had a road trip recently where I just had the sunroof down and listened to the sounds of fresh air coming into the little sports' car I'm borrowing from my son (he's in Spain).
A mix of audiobooks, and stand-up on SXM. Big fan of audiobooks for long drives.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but so far today, nothing. I'm hoping that changes. I mean, it's Friday... but lots of work yet to do before I can exhale.

I mean, I'm alive so that brings me joy but not much to smile at quite yet.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but so far today, nothing. I'm hoping that changes. I mean, it's Friday... but lots of work yet to do before I can exhale.

I mean, I'm alive so that brings me joy but not much to smile at quite yet.

Your marching orders are to report back by the end of the day. I am confident you'll find something that makes you smile before nightfall.

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC

All your missing a Celtics' win this weekend, then it's ALL coming up Jayrod!
It did soften the blow of last night's debacle.

Received an email telling me that my holy grail of skateboards has been delivered. I have been trying to get this same board I had at 15 and finally was able to nab one.

Holy grail

Nice! What kind of trucks/wheels you throwing on there?

Wish I still had my Vision Gator.
Not this one, this is going in a shadow box.

I have a few I ride. I use Indy 159's and soft Rat Bone 60mm / 90a or 85a wheels.

Here are my riders at the moment Rippers

Received an email telling me that my holy grail of skateboards has been delivered. I have been trying to get this same board I had at 15 and finally was able to nab one.

Holy grail
40 yrs ago i was all about my powell peralta caballero
I had Peralta Mike Mcgill

I have a few McGill's as well. 😁
McGill Shaped
McGill Pig
This style in teal/light blue

Hasn’t happened yet. Been working like crazy dealing with awful ****.

But at 6:30 pm tonight, even if it requires me to break speed limits getting home in time, a little 8 year old boy is going to lose his mind when Edwards scores his first basket and all will be good in the world again.

Got back late last night from an incredibly relaxing 9 day vacation in Tulum and Playa del Carmen. The only highlight of being back home (after midnight so it counts for this thread) was my dog greeting me at the door wagging his tail so hard I thought it would fly off, before he started barking at me to share his displeasure for being gone so long and leaving him in the hands of the neighbors.

And, as gb @General Malaise said, Spring is finally here in the PNW. Makes being back at work and trying to catch up on 9 days of OOO a little more bearable knowing that we'll have a nice weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread