What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you decompress from a stressful day? (1 Viewer)

Today I got a loan closed that was the most stressful loan I have ever dealt with in 20 years of banking/lending. Numerous times it looked like it was dead and then we figured out something... a uncooperative seller and listing agent hoping for it fall through so the seller keeps the earnest money and the realtor sells it in dual agency for a buyer he lined up... numerous minor missteps or issue from the client, realtor, and title with all looking at us to correct it.... and it went literally right up to the last minute on the deadline. We got it done... moved heaven and earth.

Wow....

All to say that I am coming off a stressful day. There are some things I normally do to feel better but not available to me right now for various reasons.

What do you do coming off a stressful day?
I had a similar closing last month. Seller/condo developer fired his real estate broker mid stream. Broker liened the property, basically saying you can fire me, but you still have to pay me. Lots of delays in the construction, with everyone pointing fingers. As a result, buyer and seller also hated each other. Then, as soon as buyer found out seller wanted to close early, buyer announced they would only close on the very last contract date. Then their wire didn't hit by the end of business on the last contract date. Seller wants me to cancel the deal. Everyone else wants me to complete the deal. I'm trying to be Switzerland. Ugh.

Anyway in answer to your direct question, I walk the dog down to the tiny little beach about a quarter mile from the house, sometimes with a beer. Almost never anyone else there.
The buyers were not had no ill will at all but they complicated the entire transaction by going to contract and then the wife leaving the country. The buyers changed their minds on various things like 100 times. The realtors didn't like each other. Our realtor didn't do a good job of protecting the client which put all the pressure on us. Buyers didn't get counsel until like 5 days to deadline because they were like 'oh crap, we might lose $20K' and the lawyer comes in and as they often do have to do peacocking to try to show the clients why they just spent $1500 on him which he did absolutely NOTHING but ruffle feathers. Title/lender (I am a broker) started getting in a finger pointing match where I had to jump in and tell them to stow it, refocus and that we all wanted to get this done. That was the only thing that mattered. We got docs out like midnight before closing at 11am. They closed.... then sat there the entire day waiting for the wires. It took me forever to get the Fed wire number from the lender and I finally didn't get the all clear until minutes before it was the actual drop dead time that would have blown everything up.

Buyers realtor told me sellers/sellers agent were very unhappy the whole day. Once it was all done, my Chief Sales Officer, who I brought in to help get the deal done told me to call the sellers realtor and say "I know how badly you guys wanted this to close today under the deadline so we are very happy to have made it happen for you." in a very sarcastic tone. :lmao:

Currently I am sipping on a bourbon and ginger ale with my trusty hound next to me after enjoying the weather and a cigar outside with some music.

Had to finally pull the trigger on firing someone for the first time ever (I have a very small team and have only been “the boss” for 5-6 years. Stressing over it for weeks. Needed to be done. But of course, the employee called out again today when he would have gotten his letter from the superintendent (the process is I write a letter recommending termination and the superintendent formally decides.)

Anyway, now they won’t formally know until the certified letter arrives tomorrow. I’m a mess and probably already taking it harder than they will. Spent all day removing admin permissions and changing service account passwords. This really sucks but was long overdue. Just have to spend all dang weekend stressing over it when it should’ve been done and dusted today.

Today I got a loan closed that was the most stressful loan I have ever dealt with in 20 years of banking/lending. Numerous times it looked like it was dead and then we figured out something... a uncooperative seller and listing agent hoping for it fall through so the seller keeps the earnest money and the realtor sells it in dual agency for a buyer he lined up... numerous minor missteps or issue from the client, realtor, and title with all looking at us to correct it.... and it went literally right up to the last minute on the deadline. We got it done... moved heaven and earth.

Wow....

All to say that I am coming off a stressful day. There are some things I normally do to feel better but not available to me right now for various reasons.

I'm late to this, but congratulations on getting this done! You rock.

Currently I am sipping on a bourbon and ginger ale with my trusty hound next to me after enjoying the weather and a cigar outside with some music.

Had to finally pull the trigger on firing someone for the first time ever (I have a very small team and have only been “the boss” for 5-6 years. Stressing over it for weeks. Needed to be done. But of course, the employee called out again today when he would have gotten his letter from the superintendent (the process is I write a letter recommending termination and the superintendent formally decides.)

Anyway, now they won’t formally know until the certified letter arrives tomorrow. I’m a mess and probably already taking it harder than they will. Spent all day removing admin permissions and changing service account passwords. This really sucks but was long overdue. Just have to spend all dang weekend stressing over it when it should’ve been done and dusted today.

I found out pretty quickly I don’t want to be in management.

Same way I clear my mind on regular days: long walks outside. Preferably in a place I’m unlikely to see many people, with only the sounds of nature to interrupt my thoughts.

I’m lucky there are several hikes within a short distance of my house that fit the bill. All of them have vantage points in high, breezy places.

Wow....

I'm late to this, but congratulations on getting this done! You rock.
I feel compelled to say that this transaction is very unusual and most of my loans go through smoothly. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Being a manager in my past the one thing that I always reminded myself that it isn't me.... it's them. They are in control of their actions.

Also, I was fired from a Christian Bookstore when I was a kid for being late way too many times and honestly, they should have fired me WAY before they did. It was out of control, Being fired for being late helped me. I can't say that I have never been late on the job again but it was rare (was because I don't have a schedule anymore). I needed to be fired and when I was, it taught me a lesson.

If there is good cause to fire someone then it is all on them and it doesn't say anything bad about you.

Users who are viewing this thread