What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (25 Viewers)

12 team SF PPR Best Ball Dynasty League

Gave: Mooney and 3.2 rookie pick
Got: Terry McLaurin and 4.11 rookie pick
Love that for you. From what I’ve read, there’s a pretty good track record of rookies hyper targeting their WR1.
I had the 1.2, 1.3, and 1.5 picks, and after this trade I have now added Harrison Jr, Nabers, Daniels, and Terry to my squad. Happy Day! :pickle:
Man, you built an entire WR room in a day!
And I already had Jefferson, Aiyuk, Garrett Wilson, and Dotson on this team. Probably my best WR core in all my leagues now.

Love that for you. From what I’ve read, there’s a pretty good track record of rookies hyper targeting their WR1.
I had the 1.2, 1.3, and 1.5 picks, and after this trade I have now added Harrison Jr, Nabers, Daniels, and Terry to my squad. Happy Day! :pickle:
And I already had Jefferson, Aiyuk, Garrett Wilson, and Dotson on this team. Probably my best WR core in all my leagues now.
Unless you can start 10 WR's it might be time to consolidate them into helping your weak spots.

Not that’s just gluttony.

Trade man, trade!

12 team non ppr superflex (not te premium):

Team A gives up: Dalton Kincaid, 3.07
Team B gives up: 2.8 (guy took Corum), 2025 second, Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs
This seems very light for Kincaid. I'm not following this one at all.
Team giving Kincaid also has Hockenson and Goedert.
Still a bad move. I have to imagine they could have done better. This is very much a four dimes for a dollar deal unless Watson somehow stays healthy and becomes the focal point of GB's offense (unlikely in my opinion). The rest are just darts at best.
The draft does funny things to people. I've made my share of questionable type moves over the years. Some have worked out and some haven't. It's an interesting phenomenon, Draft fever, lol.

Doing one of the last of my rookie drafts, start 1QB 12 team, PPR league:

Sent 2025 1st & 3rd for the 14th overall pick (took Caleb)

My only QBs were Dak and Stafford but otherwise have a very solid team that should make the playoffs barring some really bad luck. Would have been cheaper to try to trade into some later picks and grab some different rookie QB's later but thought I would jump at the chance to add Caleb.

14 team PPR 1.5 TE 1 QB (Not involved)

for
Zay Flowers
I know a lot of people really like Flowers but that's basically him plus two seconds in a twelve teamer for the 1.02 in TEP? Give me the 2 (and either of Bowers or Nabers) easily. I've been finding there is a perceived significant tier break after pick 11 in my 1QB leagues as well.

It’s been said, but great trade imo.

Doing one of the last of my rookie drafts, start 1QB 12 team, PPR league:

Sent 2025 1st & 3rd for the 14th overall pick (took Caleb)

My only QBs were Dak and Stafford but otherwise have a very solid team that should make the playoffs barring some really bad luck. Would have been cheaper to try to trade into some later picks and grab some different rookie QB's later but thought I would jump at the chance to add Caleb.
Unless that 2025 1st is high, that’s a good deal and makes a lot of sense for your team. Caleb falling to 14 is crazy imo. He went 8 and 10 in my league.

His: Evans and Likely
For my 2024 2.05 and 2.06

My team is aging but primed for one or two more title runs. My key players now (1 Rb, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 flex):

QB: Herbert (Stafford, Rodgers)

RB: Saquon, Henry, Achane, (Mostert)

WR: ARSB, Adams, Kupp, Evans, Ridley, JSN, Wicks, Douglas

TE: Andrews, Likely, Conklin

My offseason journey: 10 team PPR dynasty (10 lifelong buds)

Was sitting with 1.03... Moved it for 1.07 + Olave (was offered to me after I floated out I was willing to hear offers, as 1/2 weren't budging). SMASH.

Sitting with 1.07 and clocked another team had too many good QBs, and mine are in need of help... Floated 1.07 for Joe Burrow, got accepted. (note: 4pt td league/1pt per 25yds, so not AS juicy)

Turned 1.03 into Olave and Burrow. All by working the phones. My team needed the upgrade, so I might be able to compete this season. Happy.

16 team PPR TE 1.5 IDP 1 QB (Not involved)

1.07 and 2.05
for
1.06 and 2.11
They must be hoping Bowers slides to 6? Not a bad price to pay to move up a spot, regardless.
The only way this makes sense to me is if it's on the clock and I really wanted a guy I was worried the guy at six was taking. But that likely wouldn't happen to me because I see a drop off after 7 (top 3 WR, Bowers, Brooks/Ladd/Worthy) so I would be fine at 1.07

12 team, SF, PPR, TE+, start 11.

Gave: 1.01, 1.06, 1.09, JSN, '25 2nd
Got: Mahomes, Pittman, 4.09
I don't hate the value - you didn't get a bargain on PM, and I do like Pittman more than most. But in that position I'd probably have drafted Caleb, hoped Bowers fell to 6, and taken the value at 1.09, then traded JSN & the '25 2nd.

Just personal preference.

I don't hate the value - you didn't get a bargain on PM, and I do like Pittman more than most. But in that position I'd probably have drafted Caleb, hoped Bowers fell to 6, and taken the value at 1.09, then traded JSN & the '25 2nd.

Yeah. Definitely a bit of an overpay but I think my team is primed to compete so takes the risk out of it.

May or may not be the right thread for such a question, but, regarding on the clock trades, particularly one where a person is trading up one spot when there is one particular player they want, and they don't want him to get nabbed before their turn. Why not just let the guy make his pick: then, if he doesn't pick the player you wanted, then great, you gave up nothing. And if he does take the guy you wanted, can you not still offer him your pick that is now on the clock, plus whatever extra, in exchange for that same player that he now owns?

I guess the difference is, if you make him the offer for his pick before he has named his player, he may be more inclined to do it, because he knows there is some chance that you may want someone different, and he'll still get his guy, plus whatever bonus you're throwing in.

Or, is there even some rule (written or unwritten) that drafted rookies shouldn't be traded during the draft? Don't see why that would be the case, but maybe.

I guess the difference is, if you make him the offer for his pick before he has named his player, he may be more inclined to do it, because he knows there is some chance that you may want someone different, and he'll still get his guy, plus whatever bonus you're throwing in.
This is exactly the reason. Once you take a player you now become attached and it will take more to part with him. Especially in rookie drafts because you just drafted the best shiny new toy in the entire toy chest.

Why not just let the guy make his pick: then, if he doesn't pick the player you wanted, then great, you gave up nothing. And if he does take the guy you wanted, can you not still offer him your pick that is now on the clock, plus whatever extra, in exchange for that same player that he now owns?
That might work but has a lot of pitfalls.

Maybe the team OTC has a lean on a player but feels like comp pick to move back is worth the gamble but if they knew for sure you would pick the player they have a lean on they would either not do the deal or put an extra tax on you. This actually happened to me this year. Need a Rb badly on a team, was trying to get Brooks, who I had seen go as late as 8 in some of my drafts. I was picking 8, team in the 5 spot offered me his pick for 1.8/2.8. I mulled it over, passed. He took Brooks. I then offered him 1.8/2.8 for Brooks and he basically told me what I'm illustrating here, that he was willing to take the gamble on getting Brook at 8 for the 2.8 but now he knew that was no longer a gamble.

I have been on the reverse side of this as well where I got an offer to move back, considered it but passed and then took the player that the team trying to trade up to get. I have in this case then offered that player to the team trying to trade up into my spot but with a tax on it.

And then in general just the mentality of people to want what they can't have or what other people value. When other people see you want a player it sometimes makes them want them more. I always think of my older brother. I'd sometimes borrower a clothing item from him and was always careful to grab one I never saw him wear. But once that dude saw me wearing something of his he had to have it back and then he'd start wearing it all the time, did not care for it until someone else put a value on it. This is how people are.

Yeah. Definitely a bit of an overpay but I think my team is primed to compete so takes the risk out of it.
Shark move for a contender. History says that you'd be luck to hit on 2 of those 3 picks, so let the other owner take the risk.

The way I see it for the next 2 years at least:

Mahomes > Caleb
Pittman > Odunze/Worthy
1.09 would be lucky to get Bowers.

And dice roll on which one(s) bust.

Shark move for a contender. History says that you'd be luck to hit on 2 of those 3 picks, so let the other owner take the risk.

The way I see it for the next 2 years at least:

Mahomes > Caleb
Pittman > Odunze/Worthy

And dice roll on which one(s) bust.
👍🏽 It’s a lot, but if there’s one person I’m comfortable with being a top QB for the next 5+ years, it’s Mahomes. You overpay for that player especially in SF.

Wouldn’t he target Bowers at 1.06?
Man, I've seen Bowers go ALL OVER THE PLACE in recent drafts, often lower than 1.09. THere's a real argument for taking him at 1.06 for sure. But if you're giving up Pittman, I can only assume that you probably need a WR1. It's possible in SF that one of Nabers/Odunze are there at 1.06 and if not, then you get your pick of the high 2nd tier WRs. The point of the post, however, it was a strong move for a contender.

Man, I've seen Bowers go ALL OVER THE PLACE in recent drafts, often lower than 1.09. THere's a real argument for taking him at 1.06 for sure. But if you're giving up Pittman, I can only assume that you probably need a WR1. It's possible in SF that one of Nabers/Odunze are there at 1.06 and if not, then you get your pick of the high 2nd tier WRs. The point of the post, however, it was a strong move for a contender.
Yeah. My teams already pretty deep, albeit a few aging guys, but I think this makes my core pretty great.

QB- Mahomes, Stroud, Stafford, Minshew
RB- Bijan, Hall, Gibbs, Kamara, Warren, Mostert, Zeke
WR- Olave, DJM, Pittman, Nico, Kupp, Diggs, Cooper, CSamuel, Mims
TE- Kelce, Ferguson, Mayer

Think another young WR and QB1 filled 2 holes I had/ Caleb and Odunze could have been them but feel more confident rolling this out.

In SF? I wouldn’t but maybe.
TE-P in this deal, no?
Yeah SF and 0.5 TE+
I get the logic but I’m taking McCarthy over Bowers in 12 team SF.
That might be a mistake though.
Thinking about it again as he has the 9, maybe take Bowers and Nix at 9? Assuming Mc and Maye good 7-8.
:oldunsure:

1.07 and 2.05
for
1.06 and 2.11
They must be hoping Bowers slides to 6? Not a bad price to pay to move up a spot, regardless.
The only way this makes sense to me is if it's on the clock and I really wanted a guy I was worried the guy at six was taking. But that likely wouldn't happen to me because I see a drop off after 7 (top 3 WR, Bowers, Brooks/Ladd/Worthy) so I would be fine at 1.07
What a lot of people do does not make sense is the moral to this story

1.07 and 2.05
for
1.06 and 2.11
What a lot of people do does not make sense is the moral to this story
Truer words rarely spoken my friend.

12-team, 20-man, Q RR WW F K D
PPR, 6pts all TDs, 0.02/0.1/0.1 for yardage
5 point bonus for 300/150/150 yardage

Team A received: Barkley+Gainwell + DeShaun Watson

Team B received: Pollard, Nico Collins, Stroud

Both teams considered in the upper half of the league for both seasonal and dynasty perspective. But not really near the top.

Both teams considered in the upper half of the league for both seasonal and dynasty perspective. But not really near the top.

I like the Stroud side quite a bit more...Barkley is obviously a nice get but Gainwell does zero for me and Watson is not someone I have any interest in...on the other-side you get a young QB that has the potential to be elite for a very long period of time...a high-quality, young WR who has #1 potential and a useful RB that while not at Barkley's level helps mitigate the short-term loss of him...I really dislike this trade for Team A.

I've been going about this off-season extremely bullish on Watson rebounding to some degree but even if he got back to his old elite production the fact remains Stroud's value blows him away and I'm doubtful that even if Watson goes back to his old 25+PPG productin his value would still reach Strouds.

And if you took them out of the deal I'd still significantly prefer Pollard and Nico over Barkley.

Collins + Stroud side for me, and not particularly close. Those bonuses are in both their wheelhouses. Watson notsomuch. Barkley isn’t young or low mileage, and I have no idea why Gainwell is involved.

Collins + Stroud side for me, and not particularly close. Those bonuses are in both their wheelhouses. Watson notsomuch. Barkley isn’t young or low mileage, and I have no idea why Gainwell is involved.

Barkley’s handcuff.

It’s an RB desperation move and value is on the Texans by a mile.

How did team B convince them to add Nico in this deal? I’m not sure if I do it without him but I dang sure would never do it with him in it. huge win on the Pollard + Nico + Stroud side.

Only context I would add to the above trade is (1) the league values RB's like gold, I think our format favors RB's but it's probably also taken too far, and (2) as @Da Franchise pointed out, the guy getting Barkley had Jacobs, but after that only had Pollard, Herbert, Hubbard, and Keaton Mitchell. Not horrible but not good. Also has Purdy and Cousins at QB and Allen, Aiyuk, and Kupp at WR. So overall it might improve his team this year. But Stroud and Collins have a lot of potential years left to be giving them up for that advantage this year.

Only context I would add to the above trade is (1) the league values RB's like gold, I think our format favors RB's but it's probably also taken too far, and (2) as @Da Franchise pointed out, the guy getting Barkley had Jacobs, but after that only had Pollard, Herbert, Hubbard, and Keaton Mitchell. Not horrible but not good. Also has Purdy and Cousins at QB and Allen, Aiyuk, and Kupp at WR. So overall it might improve his team this year. But Stroud and Collins have a lot of potential years left to be giving them up for that advantage this year.

The fact that aging WRs like Allen and Kupp are his starters makes me like this deal even less.

Gave: Jerome Ford

Got: 2024 3.03, 3.07 + 2025 2nd rounder

10 team ppr dynasty
Browns homer?

I offered him to almost a whole 12 team league, one that's usually RB hungry, for just a third and no would do it. Even the Chubb owner who is pretty thin at RB.

he's not. at all. and the offer came to me as is... i like ford and he'll be the lead dog until chubb is back... but it likely ends there for him. then again, maybe chubb doesnt come back, or ford shows good enough that he's their future for a few season... who knows.

i slapped accept real fast

Users who are viewing this thread