What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brand Spanking new ***OFFICIAL*** Ohio State Buckeyes thread! (1 Viewer)

Not sure about @Mad Cow, but does anyone know where our QB went?  Stroud isn't looking good - too timid.  McCord was decent, but only seemed to look for Jackson, Place and Garrett went missing for a half.  Didn't see much of Miller, but his lack of playing time doesn't bode well.  Day needs to figure out how to solve for the QB before he wastes Place and Garrett this year.

Peak said:
Not sure about @Mad Cow, but does anyone know where our QB went?  Stroud isn't looking good - too timid.  McCord was decent, but only seemed to look for Jackson, Place and Garrett went missing for a half.  Didn't see much of Miller, but his lack of playing time doesn't bode well.  Day needs to figure out how to solve for the QB before he wastes Place and Garrett this year.

Stroud will be fine.  His 1st 3 game stats blow most of our recent QB's out of the water.  When kids overthrow targets, most of the time, it's nerves  He's good.

Next question, who is Place?  And, I assume Jackson is Jaxon Smith-Njigba?

Stroud will be fine.  His 1st 3 game stats blow most of our recent QB's out of the water.  When kids overthrow targets, most of the time, it's nerves  He's good.

Olave -- reminds him of Olive Garden, which is a "great" Place to eat?  The dots would be easier to connect if he called him "Endless Bread Sticks" or EBS for short.  I could be way off on who he was talking about.

In CJ's defense, Stroud has been playing with an injured shoulder.  I could see it against Tulsa and, to me, I know he's struggled a little bit but he's a true Freshman, he's been playing injured and I think our fans need to get off his back a bit, especially since he's gutted through being injured.

So, watching the Akron game, was the first time since the Clemson game last year, that I've seen our D play with some attitude.  I think the problem has been some bad schemes, players out of position, missed tackles, over pursuits but the key (to me) has been that ALL of this has been magnified by some great order of magnitude because of a lack of confidence.  I think one bad play leads to another and another, etc. and you could see that entire culmination of things come together in Akron's scoring drive in the first quarter.

My first thought was "well crap, here we go again" but that all changed (in my mind) on Akron's 3rd and 4th possessions.  Akron had 4 plays, 21 yards on the first drive but scored in 9 plays and 55 yards on their 2nd drive.  On their 3rd possession, they got sacked, our guys gave up 10 yards, had a stupid penalty (to give Akron a 1st), had a sack, gave +5 yards but then forced a punt.  The 4th possession was a 3 and out and somewhere between the 3rd and 4th possessions, they started playing aggressively and seemed to really gel to me, I hope they got over the hump in this game, almost like a mental block.

Conversely, our Buckeyes offense scored on their 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th possessions plus our Buckeyes D seemed to build off those scores (again, in my humble opinion) and that momentum seemed to build up throughout the game.

It was only one game, Rutgers is damn good (sure gave M-word ALL they could handle last week) and I'm cautiously optimistic our guys can build off that impressive win for next week, fingers crossed!

GO BUCKS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Olave -- reminds him of Olive Garden, which is a "great" Place to eat?  The dots would be easier to connect if he called him "Endless Bread Sticks" or EBS for short.  I could be way off on who he was talking about.
Bingo!  Stupid auto-correct on my phone.  Yes.  I meant Olave, but I will most likely call him EBS from now on.   :D

And yes, Jaxon Smith-Njigba.  I wasn't going to try to type that on my phone.

Currently in Columbus. People jacked for The Game. The Xing out of the Ms in signs always cracks me up. Nothing like landing at the airport with Welcome to ColuXbus signs. 

:towelwave:

This game trumps Thanksgiving day...every.single.year.

You went all the way back to July to find this comment? Nice!

Today, UM beat us in about every way possible….congrats to them! 

Go ahead and be happy with your “guaranteed 8 wins” a season and “not being Nebraska”. I’ll take Day over Franklin every time.
I see you’re still mad. 

I see you’re still mad. 
Not mad at all.  Just not seeing your point to bring up a post from July.

I’m assuming my post was about recruiting where I was praising the coach of the Buckeyes for a recent recruit in a Buckeye thread. 

Are you that desperate to get a sarcastic remark in that you go to another teams thread and find a comment from four or five months ago? Have at it Good Buddy! 

This thread seems forgotten. @Mad Cow where are you? Solid win tonight. Fields is a special talent, but I am also impressed with the receiving crew. I am just not sure how much is OSU's talent and how much is Penn St secondary issues, but it seems Fields had players open all the time.

ETA...did I miss something regarding Mad Cow? Doesn't look like he has posted in quite some time. I tried to send a PM also, but it says he can not receive messages... :(
Spooked me a little seeing this thread bumped. Anybody ever hear from, or find out anything, about MadCow?

Hello fellow Buckeyes! I have been nudged by a couple of members to say hello! I cannot guarantee that I will be around a lot, but I would love to be here to cheer them on this year with such a great season ahead! My son will even be attending OSU College of Optometry starting this fall, so I will make it back for more than one game this year.

O-H mother flippers!

Hello fellow Buckeyes! I have been nudged by a couple of members to say hello! I cannot guarantee that I will be around a lot, but I would love to be here to cheer them on this year with such a great season ahead! My son will even be attending OSU College of Optometry starting this fall, so I will make it back for more than one game this year.

O-H mother flippers!
I-O !!! Good to hear from you.

Users who are viewing this thread