What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2024 Pittsburgh Steelers: Pittsburgh to host 2026 NFL Draft (9 Viewers)

Pickett is an atrocity of a player. Every minute the Steelers played him was a minute wasted not developing someone with a future in the sport.

Getting rid of him is a huge positive.

Pickett is an atrocity of a player. Every minute the Steelers played him was a minute wasted not developing someone with a future in the sport.

Getting rid of him is a huge positive.
He wasn't good, but IMO he was better then Mitch just on the fact he hardly turned the ball over..

But again, the QB room is going to be a cluster next off season.

I guess any discussion will be influenced by where one sees the Steelers in the timeline. I personally don’t see them as a team that should realistically be thinking they’ll be Super Bowl champs this year, and therefore should spend a season re-tooling. Cutting malcontents and never-wills is a great start. Then we have two drafts and almost two full FA periods before next year.

Gotta expect Tannehill and a draft pick now.
I fully expect Tannehill any moment now. Le sigh. Oh well, at least Mrs. Tanny is part of that package.

I am super impressed that they were willing to admit a mistake and move on.

Maybe this also is an indication that Rooney isn't going to meddle this year and let Tomlin cook.

Wonder if any of this may be an indication that Rooney's whole "I'm getting impatient of no playoff wins in a aeon." quip getting chucked back at him? "Okay, well, we're running out the QB YOU made us draft, so....."

Boyd, Tannehill/Fields, and Conner Williams and they are ready for the draft.
Well, THERE'S something I didn't expect to see when I got back to my desk from lunch.

Khan showing the grapes.
You can honestly say the team is worst right now then they are at the end of last year.. They had holes, but you can no add QB and Wr to the list.

Probably, but they don't start playing games tomorrow though.

I also thought they weren't as "good" of a team as their record last year anyway, so being "worse" than they were at the end of the year isn't that damning to me.
So what are they going to di? The FA cupboard is bear, even if they draft a 32+ year old vet to a 1 year deal, you still have to face next year you have no QB's cause both will be FA..

Draft a QB? I mean that worked out so well last time.

I appreciate that Omar isn't putting up BS, but he also seemed to have no plan and all this came after they let Mason walk.
People keep saying they “let” Rudolph walk. They had no control over him. They may have made him an offer, we will never know.

the QB room is going to be a cluster next off season.
I think there's an inarguable case to be made that it's already better than it was last season. 3 complete write offs as players.

Pickett was a waste of time. So were the other two.
A guy that will be 36 by week 12.. Then some bum nobody wants as backup, and a unproven rookie, possibly another Pickett.

Like I said, trading Pickett is ok, but why not sign Mason?

I will say, Fields would be better than any QB they can draft in the 4th. If he was cool with sitting behind Wilson, unlike KP, could be the move still.
They aren't going to trade what the Bears wants for Fields for him to sit behind Wilson..

Bears are probably keeping Fields, and trading the #1.

I can't say whether I like or dislike what is happening (well we need a WR) but it sure is interesting

I like, RW is an upgrade over the previous 3 QBs last year. Like other's have stated the previous 3 were not the future QB. Steeler's need to draft a QB who in theory should be groomed as the 3rd stringer. Unless they grab a QB who they want to groom to be the starter next season or the year after. But they need to grab a serviceable backup and with Kenny gone. Ryan T makes sense.

WR George Pickens will be fed like a Chicken on a Tyson farm next year. Diontae J was going to most likely walk after 2024. ARob was a shell of himself and definitely not worth the money. I personally wouldn't bring him back next year. Calvin Austin is in a make it or break it year. This year's draft is one of the strongest drafts for WR. I'd expect the Steeler's to at least draft 1 WR. The Steeler's have done really well drafting WR's through the years.

I'm hoping Tyler Boyd or Corey Davis sign. I'm getting the feeling that Boyd is playing Chicken and holding out for a few more millions per year. Tyler has some leverage up until the draft.

but why not sign Mason?
Because he's rubbish. Why this clamour to have rubbish players just because they already played for us? Rudolph is the same as another backup who is equally bad so does it really matter? If we had to play Rudolph then things are in the toilet again and the season is probably over anyway.

Roll the dice on someone with some upside maybe. He's not good, we know what he is, it's not worth investing in.

I wouldn't rule out Justin Fields to Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh could easily afford him, and he'd probably be the best backup QB in the league. That's if he didn't beat out RW. But I got a feeling the Bear's are playing coy hoping that Washington will overpay for Caleb. I could be wrong.

Based on past history probably not much

In the 2023 NFL season, Van Jefferson, the wide receiver for the Atlanta Falcons, earned a base salary of $993,1741. His total earnings for the season, including incentives, were $1,342,2891. Van Jefferson’s contract details are as follows:

• Contract: 4 years / $5,611,134
  • Signing Bonus: $1,640,824
  • Average Salary: $1,402,784
  • Total Guarantees: $2,505,876
  • Guaranteed at Signing: $2,505,876
  • Free Agent: 2024 / UFA
Here’s a breakdown of his yearly earnings:

Table

YearBase SalarySigning BonusTotal Earnings
2020$610,000$410,206$2,390,828
2021$865,052$410,206$865,052
2022$1,120,103$410,206$1,120,103
2023$993,174-$993,174
Please note that the figures above include his signing bonus and base salary. Van Jefferson is set to become an unrestricted free agent in 202412. 🏈💰

I will say, Fields would be better than any QB they can draft in the 4th. If he was cool with sitting behind Wilson, unlike KP, could be the move still.
They aren't going to trade what the Bears wants for Fields for him to sit behind Wilson..

Bears are probably keeping Fields, and trading the #1.

I'm starting to think they are gonna keep fields and draft Williams. Yes that's a dumb thing to do

Tried a mock taking into account the recent signings. I used draftbuzz.com and Steelers depot to get approx round value.
PickPlayerPosCollege
1:20Jackson Powers-Johnson (plug and play starter from day 1, instant upgrade to C position and potential long time starter)IOLOregon
2:19Xavier Legette (outside WR, good size/speed combo, can make difficult catches, high effort blocker)WRSouth Carolina
3:20Cam Hart (long physical CB, willing tackler, almost a JPJ clone)CBNotre Dame
3:34Blake Fisher (just turned 20 years old so should have room for improvement, right tackle, can compete against Moore to be a starter or be swing tackle)OTNotre Dame
4:19Malik Washington (compact, but thick and strong, excelled at Shrine Bowl, played primarily in the slot)WRVirginia
6:2Marcus Harris (strong vs the run, developmental but some upside)DLAuburn
6:19Nathaniel Watson (big hitter, good instincts and awareness but older (25 in September)LBMississippi

I keep thinking about this. If Pickett had just been a good teammate/NFL citizen, he coulda stayed quiet & would have only had to beat out a seemingly washed Russel Wilson.

Russell Wilson, who it’s worth pointing out, the Steelers have virtually nothing invested in.

Now he might be a cutdown casualty if the Eagles decide Mariota is a better backup. In which case Pickett is…flipping burgers at Denny’s?

Never mind, MM is gone to WAS. Life comes at ya fast.

Mind bogglingly poor judgement on his part if reports are true.

Last edited:
I keep thinking about this. If Pickett had just been a good teammate/NFL citizen, he coulda stayed quiet & would have only had to beat out a seemingly washed Russel Wilson.

Russell Wilson, who it’s worth pointing out, the Steelers have virtually nothing invested in.

Now he might be a cutdown casualty if the Eagles decide Mariota is a better backup. In which case Pickett is…flipping burgers at Denny’s?

What I heard is worse than the reports. Entitled guy who has done nothing. Glad he is gone.

Pickett is Hurts backup. Mariota is gone, signed with the Washington Commanders.

Just got back here.

The shakeup is real, you might not agree but it had to be done.

KP was not the guy, and obviously neither was Mitch. KP missing that basic *** TD to DJ on that 5 yd 2 WR stack left option route, week 14 or so, sorry, I’m a douche fan and I could have made that play from my couch. (I wanna say week 14 in the rain? If you watched that play he looked right for an hour while DJ literally stood in the end zone then he finally looked and missed a 10 yd pass by 5 yds. Gave him slack till then but nope. Trubisky’s last pick footwork was equally atrocious and indicative. You cannot be that bad. We can’t use you if that’s what you are.

Neither of those dudes were remotely it. Who cares what you get for them, anything is more than what they are really worth. I’d take Flacco, Minshew, Tannehill, Howell, ……many other backups.

Trubisky is probably out of the league and KP will disappoint Philly fans if he has to play as their OL ain’t what it was.

Or I am stupid…..50-50

Someone lit the fire up there. Good. 👍

What I heard is worse than the reports. Entitled guy who has done nothing. Glad he is gone.
Would enjoy any links you are able to share.

Don't be surprised if the Bears trade Caleb to Washington. Then see how Justin performs with their improved offense. They could play this same game next year with Shedeur Sanders
I was thinking a smart move for the Bears would be to keep Fields and draft Caleb and let him sit for a year, then hope Fields plays well enough to drive up the asking price. But....that means they have to exercise the 5th year option else he can walk for free.

That may have worked in the past but the days of sitting a #1 pick like that are over.
I know. And that's to the detriment of many.

pghrob Leeroy tends to have a pathway to valuable insight that in most cases probably will not be public knowledge.

Here's what I was able to find link below.
According to a report, Pickett had no interest in competing with Wilson for the starting quarterback job because he felt like it was inevitable that he was going to lose. Pickett, as a result, requested a trade.

Also, it's pretty damning that KP didn't want to dress as an emergency week 17 QB. There was speculation going around in Pittsburgh at the time. But in my mind the Steeler's, Dulac and others didn't let the cat out of the bag. Mark Madden reported that Kenny didn't want to dress. But people tend to look at Mark as a blow hard and tend to not believe him at times. Now with Kenny being traded it's come out that he didn't want to dress.

So, Kenny Boo Hoo Pickett who has the worst TD to pass ratio in NFL history. Not only was he coming off entitled he was also coming off delusional. Good riddance!

Users who are viewing this thread