What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Christian McCaffrey, SF (3 Viewers)

Thank god. I need 14 points from him tonight or I fall to 0-7 lmao.

A team consisting of Mahomes, CMC, Jonathan Taylor, Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Brian Robinson... etc.

Winless!

It was a tough game for him. He battled. The way they used him I don’t think Shanny is interested in lessening his load.

He's so good that the thread doesn't even get any action. And what gravy said. PS - Local radio said Tepper wants to call plays.

Whoever pulled the trigger on this deal from Carolina should never work in the league again.
Sure, but what good would CMC do Carolina? They would be better but would it make an appreciable difference in their ultimate outcome? Probably not.
I'd argue if they hadn't traded him, they'd have won the division last season. Then they don't undertake this massive rebuild, and that's easily the NFL's weakest division, so maybe they are in 1st again this season. I mean, that's still a 1st round exit both times, but its not what is currently happening.

Also something may have changed in his approach last year when he was coming back from those Injuries. Carolina drank the RBs don’t matter koolaid. The fact that djm and cmc were traded for really good compensation goes to show you how valuable they are on the market. Carolina would me better off. Maybe they wouldn’t trade up for Bryce if they didn’t get those extra picks from the 49ers

To contrast my opinion in the etienne thread, cmc is a guy that runs up the middle and gets every last inch possible that is available for him.

Christian McCaffrey has 49 rushing TDs in his career. His next one will put him into another exclusive club. There are only two players in NFL history with at least 50 TD runs and 25 TD catches:

Lenny Moore
Marshall Faulk
Alvin Kamara says hi

Christian McCaffrey has 49 rushing TDs in his career. His next one will put him into another exclusive club. There are only two players in NFL history with at least 50 TD runs and 25 TD catches:

Lenny Moore
Marshall Faulk

Really thought LT would be closer but he’s only got 17 receiving TDs though I guess 145 rushing TDs isn’t so bad.

Lenny Moore
Marshall Faulk

Really thought LT would be closer but he’s only got 17 receiving TDs though I guess 145 rushing TDs isn’t so bad.

I’m surprised LT didn’t have more Rec TDs.

How many NFL players have a triple double, or this 10-25-10, passing, rushing, receiving?

Chuck Foreman came close to 50-25. He had 53-23. I thought Ekeler had more running TDs, he's at 34-29.

What is everyone doing regarding CMC's handcuff for the next couple of weeks?

I've been holding onto Elijah Mitchell but he's been out the last couple of weeks with a bum knee. Jordan Mason hasn't seen many snaps as the backup. Any news on when Mitchell will be back and if he'll be the handcuff going forward?

I've been holding onto Elijah Mitchell but he's been out the last couple of weeks with a bum knee. Jordan Mason hasn't seen many snaps as the backup. Any news on when Mitchell will be back and if he'll be the handcuff going forward?
This won't help you

But, I've been carrying both

What can I say, the wire is thin

It’s a great question that I’ve been pondering. I’ve had both Mitchell and Mason at times this year. Today I decided to drop Mitchell in favor of blocking opponents picking up Sermon or ZWhite and grabbing a better PK for this week. IF CMC goes down in the semi-final then it is what it is. That could but probably won’t happen. I’d rather shore up my lineup or block my opponent on waivers. Maybe there is a better approach but this is what I figure is best at the moment.

This won't help you

With Mitchell being declared out before game I have been picking him up, place on IR, then pick up Mason the last few weeks. Will wait to see practice reports for Mitchell to see if he is practicing yet this week

Mason has been way more effective with his touches this season
Unfortunately for you, CMC’s cuff is Deebo
This is true

This won't help you

With Mitchell being declared out before game I have been picking him up, place on IR, then pick up Mason the last few weeks. Will wait to see practice reports for Mitchell to see if he is practicing yet this week

This is true
I am too lazy to look up stats, but it “feels” like when Mitchell is out, Mason gets 1 carry. When Mitchell plays, Mitchell gets 5-6 carries. There could be numerous reasons for this, but this would tell me that the coaching staff does not trust Mason like they do Mitchell. Thoughts?

This won't help you

This is true
I am too lazy to look up stats, but it “feels” like when Mitchell is out, Mason gets 1 carry. When Mitchell plays, Mitchell gets 5-6 carries. There could be numerous reasons for this, but this would tell me that the coaching staff does not trust Mason like they do Mitchell. Thoughts?
I've noticed that too, and am also too lazy to look up stats. This is why I've been hanging onto Mitchell

However, as noted in an earlier response, if CMC goes down it probably isn't going to matter but I want to at least try and get it right.

49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan said Christian McCaffrey is not dealing with a quad injury.

McCaffrey was seen getting his quad worked on during the Niners’ Divisional Round win against the Packers, raising questions about his health going into the NFC Championship Game. Shanahan said he was unaware that McCaffrey was receiving treatment on the bench. He said that’s “just what Christian to me always does. He’s always working on his body and stuff. I was told nothing about his quad.” CMC appeared fully healthy on the field after a late-season calf injury, totaling 128 yards and two touchdowns against Green Bay. This week he takes on a Detroit defense giving up the fourth lowest rush EPA this season.

Anybody know the odds are already on him being named Super Bowl MVP? If he's not the front-runner, then he's at least got to be up at the top of the list.

Next Gen Stats
Christian McCaffrey was most effective rushing from under center in the NFC Championship, rushing for 72 yards & 2 TD on 14 carries (+27 RYOE).

McCaffrey Under Center (Regular Season)

🔹 898 yards (1st)
🔹 +263 RYOE (1st)
🔹 5.6 YPC (1st, min. 50 carries)

#DETvsSF | #FTTB
Only Mahomes is a better player right now. He’s become a first ballot HOF and will be in the discussion for greatest ever at the position.

Users who are viewing this thread