What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (1 Viewer)

Jalen Hurts in regular season:

- EPA per play: 7th
- Completion % over expected: 4th
- PFF grade: 6th
How he do without AJ & Smith ? .
lmao... really? How would any QB do without their RB1+WR1+WR2.

You're either a Giants or Cowboys fan I'm assuming with this level of trolling.
"Jalen Hurts sucks b/c he didn't make Jalen Reagor great. I mean, he even has Julio Jones, a future Hall of Famer and they can't seem to get on the same page. What a loser!"

"Jalen Hurts sucks b/c he didn't make Jalen Reagor great. I mean, he even has Julio Jones, a future Hall of Famer and they can't seem to get on the same page. What a loser!"

he also has all world playcaller BRIAN JOHNSON who is far and away the best he is at what he does. what a pathetic loser!

he also has all world playcaller BRIAN JOHNSON who is far and away the best he is at what he does. what a pathetic loser!
How many times do I have to do the "QBs to be great also need good WR's"

We can start with Patrick Mahomes this year year and go down the list again.

Peyton Manning
Joe Montana
Josh Allen
Dak Prescott
Matt Ryan

And I always ask the question no one ever ever answers - Who are the best QBs this year/all time, whatever that didn't have good WRs?

Tom Brady is the only answer and I believe he never had a defense that wasn't top 12 or if he did it was like 2x out of 20+ seasons.

I mean let’s be real is Hurts a QB who is good with players around him or does he make his receivers better like a Brady or Marino?

The scumbag Pete Carrol is done coaching in Sea he’s moving into an advisor role.

In NFC East news on the situation former DL coach of sea and current Dal DC Dan Quinn is being interviewed for the position

The scumbag Pete Carrol is done coaching in Sea he’s moving into an advisor role.

In NFC East news on the situation former DL coach of sea and current Dal DC Dan Quinn is being interviewed for the position

Why the hate for carrol? I don't love him either but damn
He ran out on USc the minute sanctions came down after saying for yrs he wouldn’t go back. Let bush and others take the downfall for his misdeeds. Dude like chip Kelly ran to the nfl like cowards after sanctions were coming down. It’s why I’m in favor of a coach is being investigated at college level NFL should abide by any ruling or punishment on said coach. These guys run to the nfl as a safe haven.

You did that to your players yet won’t take accountability? Could never play for coaches like that. Just tells me when I need coach the most they’ll more likely throw me under the bus to save their own ***

He doesn't like all the USC side piece stuff.
link?
It was only a rumor. It seems Djax is more angry about USC in general anyway

link?

And anything Penn State. Or the Von Erich’s I’m guessing’?

link?

Exactly. Or the Sixers and Embiid

link?

Exactly. Or the Sixers and Embiid

What would he do if wentz had gone to usc

Listening to the radio this morning, the guys had Ruben Amaro on. He was talking about how back when the Phillies were really good they has a tough time making the playoffs/making it deep in the playoffs, because they were very good. The fact that they were very good meant that they were constantly getting scouted by other teams-more than most-and that fact just made it harder for them to perform at a high level when they needed to. Teams were just really well prepared to stop what the Phils wanted to do.

He opined that this is definitely the same situation with the Eagles this year. Teams-especially teams that we may face in the playoffs-are probably watching tape over and over again to identify weaknesses. His theory is that once they locked up the playoffs they made a conscientious decision to roll out the blandest, vanilla play calling on both sides of the ball in an effort to give the opposing teams NOTHING to analyze. Any innovations they come up with, they would simply not employ until the playoffs.

This obviously seems like a cope and its most likely bs. I just thought it was interesting to hear from a former GM make an applicable comparison to another team. His defense of this is that, while the team is seemingly spiraling down the toilet, the team still seems to be a unit. Normally, by now you would expect a ton of quotes coming out about how bad the team is, blame game stuff, etc. Additionally, the Dallas Goedert quotes seem to bolster this as well.

Just some positive-Herb thoughts for my fellow Eagle fan brethren.

Great offseason already continues Cheater Bill is gone from NE. Watching that franchise crumble under their ego and smugness has been a treat. Only thing missing was brady didn’t crumble with it

Listening to the radio this morning, the guys had Ruben Amaro on. He was talking about how back when the Phillies were really good they has a tough time making the playoffs/making it deep in the playoffs, because they were very good. The fact that they were very good meant that they were constantly getting scouted by other teams-more than most-and that fact just made it harder for them to perform at a high level when they needed to. Teams were just really well prepared to stop what the Phils wanted to do.

He opined that this is definitely the same situation with the Eagles this year. Teams-especially teams that we may face in the playoffs-are probably watching tape over and over again to identify weaknesses. His theory is that once they locked up the playoffs they made a conscientious decision to roll out the blandest, vanilla play calling on both sides of the ball in an effort to give the opposing teams NOTHING to analyze. Any innovations they come up with, they would simply not employ until the playoffs.

This obviously seems like a cope and its most likely bs. I just thought it was interesting to hear from a former GM make an applicable comparison to another team. His defense of this is that, while the team is seemingly spiraling down the toilet, the team still seems to be a unit. Normally, by now you would expect a ton of quotes coming out about how bad the team is, blame game stuff, etc. Additionally, the Dallas Goedert quotes seem to bolster this as well.

Add in Dallas Goederts quotes this week about the team kind of toning it down once they made the playoffs and you may be on to something. I do think they tried against SF and Dallas though and just got smoked. Maybe this added to the let's keep it close to the vest mentality.

Seems like a bad way to play but who knows.

I think this off season is going be very wild for a few teams. So many teams needing new coaches and some big names out there.

Also, it’s likely some highly touted teams are gonna flame out hard. Poor performances from Buffalo, Dallas, Philly could also create more firings.

Is the fan base wanting Nick gone?
No way. The recent stretch notwithstanding, he's been an incredible head coach. Playoffs in year 1, 2 and 3. Super Bowl in year 2. We'll see about year 3, but it would be incredibly stupid to zip him. FWIW, I don't think Lurie is a trigger happy owner, but he is also not afraid to flip the script when he's determined its over-see Chip and Doug.

Add in Dallas Goederts quotes this week about the team kind of toning it down once they made the playoffs and you may be on to something. I do think they tried against SF and Dallas though and just got smoked. Maybe this added to the let's keep it close to the vest mentality.

Still seems weird given that the 1 and 2 seeds were still in play. Occam's razor suggests the playcalling and schemes just aren't very good. It's also unlikely that they make a change at defensive playcaller if rope-a-dope is all that's going on.

Still seems weird given that the 1 and 2 seeds were still in play. Occam's razor suggests the playcalling and schemes just aren't very good. It's also unlikely that they make a change at defensive playcaller if rope-a-dope is all that's going on.
Fair, but to the bolded, I just think it is inexplicable how obviously terrible the play calls and gameplan have been. Like, for all the criticism these guys get they are not stupid. They didn't forget how to play football. The more I think about it the more I think Occams razor suggests what I am saying. They simply decided to dumb down their play calls to put nada on tape. They probably looked at it like, the 1 seed is a huge benefit but the benefit of playing playoff games against teams that have no concept of what you plan to do or your tendencies are is bigger.

ETA: #cope

Last edited:

We judge other QBs that in are much worse situations ... Losing AJ Brown and D Smith basically levels playing field.
Does Mahomes have anything remotely close to Brown and Smith?? He still gets it done. Did Tyrod Taylor have anything remotely close to Brown and Smith when he lit up the Eagles?

Keep in mind ... Despite losing his top 2 targets ... Hurts still had the best line in the NFL giving him 4-5 seconds to throw
Tyrod Taylor was playing behind the worst line in the NFL when he lit up the Eagles .

Keep making excuses ... The Eagles have had far and away the best roster in the NFL the past 2 seasons and Hurts put up top 10-12 QB numbers ... fa below what you would expect with that talent around him. All that talent and Hurts threw for a whopping career high 23 TDs (with 23 Turnovers)

His WRs went down for 1 Game ... and he threw for 50 yds with a pick, couldnt run, and looked confused all game long before getting benched or pleading to be benched ... however you want to look at it

QB RTG
21 Tommy DeVito NYG - 89.2
22 Tyrod Taylor NYG - 89.1
23 Jalen Huts - 89.1

Stupid fans do.
Second this. You don't fire a guy that has gone to the playoffs 3/3 years, when he took over a 4-win team, coming off a Super Bowl appearance less than a year ago and also being one of 3 coaches in NFL history to start 10-1 in back to back years. Does he need to adapt and change and improve? Yes. But starting over with a completely new coaching staff seems...insane.

Great offseason already continues Cheater Bill is gone from NE. Watching that franchise crumble under their ego and smugness has been a treat. Only thing missing was brady didn’t crumble with it

Wish we’d crumble like them….

Stupid fans do.

hes gone if we lose monday night

I think it depends on how. If we get smoked I’m leaning toward them getting rid of him.

Looks like Brian Johnson is also getting interviewed by Tennessee as well. Has Sports Radio equated this to him being valuable and not the problem yet? If not, it’s close to happening.

Users who are viewing this thread