What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Corey Davis, Retired (2 Viewers)

Corey Davis (groin) was held out of Thursday's practice. 

Davis was injured in Wednesday's session and downgraded to "DNP" for Thursday. No bueno. Davis should be considered on the wrong side of questionable for what amounts to a must-win for the Jets against the cellar-dwelling Texans. Davis' absence would boost Elijah Moore's WR2 odds as the impressive rookie deals with yet another quarterback change. 

RELATED: 

Elijah Moore

SOURCE: Brian Costello on Twitter 

Nov 25, 2021, 1:08 PM ET

Corey Davis (groin) is listed as questionable for Week 12 against the Texans.

Davis injured his groin in Wednesday's practice and was held out of Thursday's practice. He got in a limited session on Friday, however, and now looks much likelier to be able to suit up on Sunday. Davis will be seeing targets from Zach Wilson. The two have had a nice connection so far this season, and Davis' additional usage in the slot in Week 11 could be a sign of a slightly altered role that could help boost his target share going forward. Davis looks like low-end WR3 this week.

Nov 26, 2021, 5:35 PM ET

Corey Davis (groin) did not practice on Wednesday.

Davis looks likely to miss another week, opening up playing time for Denzel Mims with Keelan Cole out with Covid. Elijah Moore will operate at the Jets' WR1 for as long as Davis is out. Davis will be a WR4 if he's able to get healthy enough to play against the Eagles in Week 13. It's more likely he makes his return against the Saints in Week 14.

SOURCE: Brian Costello on Twitter

Dec 1, 2021, 12:17 PM ET

Corey Davis (groin) is a game-time decision for Week 13 against the Eagles.

It's a crucial status to watch for Elijah Moore's outlook since the rookie ran a route on a season-high 93% of the team's dropbacks without Davis in Week 12. As long as Zach Wilson is under center, Moore will remain a usage-based WR3/4 with elite upside (that's tough to reach via inaccurate targets). Davis' availability (as a WR3/4 himself) would knock Moore down a peg.

SOURCE: Around the NFL on Twitter

Dec 3, 2021, 1:23 PM ET

Corey Davis (groin) is active for Week 13 against the Eagles.

Davis missed Week 12 but said he was feeling better this week and got in a limited practice on Friday. His return obscures the recently-high target share of Elijah Moore. With no Jets receiver separating themselves as the clear option to choose, Moore, Davis, and Jamison Crowder are all weak fantasy plays with a struggling Zach Wilson under center.

Dec 5, 2021, 11:38 AM ET

Per Brian Costello tweet, Davis having surgery tomorrow and he's done for the season. LINK
Tough year for the Jets. This will hinder the evaluation process with respect to Wilson. Too bad, because all they have to play for is that evaluation process. That's the raison d'etre of this year right now. 

Thoughts for this season?  

I’m not fired up about him. But there’s a world in which he leads the team in targets and outperforms ADP.  Could be a solid value in deeper leagues.

Thoughts for this season?  

I’m not fired up about him. But there’s a world in which he leads the team in targets and outperforms ADP.  Could be a solid value in deeper leagues.
Unfortunately most of us live on Earth, which is a world where that is unlikely.

He didn't exactly light the world on fire last year and that was before Berrios stepped up, Moore was healthy with a year of experience, the team added two pass catching TEs and drafted Wilson with the 10th pick in the draft.

Personally I expect Moore to lead the team in targets with Wilson also heavily involved. 

Unfortunately most of us live on Earth, which is a world where that is unlikely.

He didn't exactly light the world on fire last year and that was before Berrios stepped up, Moore was healthy with a year of experience, the team added two pass catching TEs and drafted Wilson with the 10th pick in the draft.

Personally I expect Moore to lead the team in targets with Wilson also heavily involved. 
I’m not going to go out and be him to bet the target leader.  But I certainly think it’s something in the realm of possibilities.  

The bigger point was he’s going so late, he has a good chance to outperform ADP.  

He’s a deep league play.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread title could use a change. Got this Wilson/Moore owner a little jazzed up for a second that was one less mouth to worry about.

I’m not going to go out and be him to bet the target leader.  But I certainly think it’s something in the realm of possibilities.  

The bigger point was he’s going so late, he has a good chance to outperform ADP.  

He’s a deep league play.  
I mean he may outperform ADP - But I think it will be buoyed by one or two big games surrounded by a bunch of duds. Unless Zach Wilson takes a giant leap and becomes a Top 10 QB, I just don’t see enough targets for Davis. I have no interest in Davis in redraft leagues this season - even in the last round, unless Moore or Wilson go down in preseason.

The Athletic reports Corey Davis is down "10-15 pounds" this season and playing at 205. 

Davis said he feels faster, and that "my joints are thanking me.” Davis was limited to nine games by a core muscle injury last season, his first as a Jet. Gang Green then went out and used a first-round pick on Garrett Wilson, while there are sky-high hopes for second-year second-rounder Elijah Moore. Translation, a WR3-, or even WR4-,level workload could be difficult for 27-year-old Davis to come by in an offense that also used a second-round pick on a running back, hoping to presage a more balanced offense in 2022. It's hard to find where the upside would be in fantasy.  

SOURCE: The Athletic 

Jul 28, 2022, 6:03 PM ET

Corey Davis caught 6-of-9 targets for 77 yards in the Jets' Week 1 loss to the Ravens.

Davis led all New York pass catchers in receptions and yards, despite Joe Flacco missing the receiver several times for easy completions. Davis, a mainstay in two-wideout sets for the Jets, could find his way into target volume if the team is continually forced into pass-heavy game scripts. He should be considered a WR3 option in Week 2 against the Browns.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Corey Davis caught 2-of-4 targets for 52 yards In the Jets’ Week 6 win over the Packers.

There wasn’t much to be had in the Jets’ passing game, but Davis gobbled up most of whatever it was. Davis came into Week 6 as the Jets’ leading receiving and he will leave as such. There hasn’t been much receiving production overall since Zach Wilson re-entered the starting lineup, trust none of them if the Jets’ keep winning.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Speaking Monday, Jets head coach Robert Saleh said Corey Davis (knee) is "day to day" with his latest injury.​

Saleh said after the Jets' Week 7 win over the Broncos that "initial indications" showed that Davis was dealing with a sprained MCL. Despite saying Davis was "day to day" on Monday, Saleh also acknowledged that Davis' status is "up in the air" for Week 8. The Jets have two games left before heading into their Week 10 bye. We'll assume Davis has a shot to play this weekend against the Patriots until we hear otherwise.
Oct 24, 2022, 3:52 PM ET

Corey Davis (knee) did not practice Wednesday.​

Davis is believed to be dealing with a sprained MCL. That would likely cost him multiple games. If Davis can't play Week 8 -- and we doubt he will -- Elijah Moore will be back in the lineup opposite Garrett Wilson with Braxton Berrios in the slot against the Patriots.
Oct 26, 2022, 1:39 PM ET

so, i cant count on his 1/13 line?
That could be Corey Davis, Elijah Moore, Garrett Wilson, or Braxton Berrios. It’s Zach Wilson who is the problem.
i’m not sold on wilson, but is it a problem when flacco was 1-2 with 8 turnovers in 3 games and wilson is 4-0 with 2 turnovers, none in the last 3 wins.
You’re right. He’s not a problem For the Jets. He’s a problem for wide receivers that expect stats and ice fantasy footballers.

so, i cant count on his 1/13 line?
That could be Corey Davis, Elijah Moore, Garrett Wilson, or Braxton Berrios. It’s Zach Wilson who is the problem.
i’m not sold on wilson, but is it a problem when flacco was 1-2 with 8 turnovers in 3 games and wilson is 4-0 with 2 turnovers, none in the last 3 wins.
You’re right. He’s not a problem For the Jets. He’s a problem for wide receivers that expect stats and ice fantasy footballers.
real life vs iLife here.

Corey Davis (knee) did not practice Thursday.​

Jets beat Rich Cimini said he wouldn't expect Davis to play on Sunday. He has not practiced since reportedly spraining his MCL in Week 7 against Denver. It'll likely be more Garrett Wilson and some combo of Denzel Mims, Braxton Berrios, and Elijah Moore this week for the Jets as receiver.
Nov 3, 2022, 4:10 PM ET

Corey Davis (knee) has been ruled out for Week 9 against the Bills.​

Davis, according to Jets head coach Robert Saleh, could return after the Jets' Week 10 bye. With Davis sidelined in Week 8 against New England, Garrett Wilson led Jets wideouts with seven targets and could again see a healthy heaping of looks in this week's game against the Bills. Buffalo enters as a 12.5-point favorite and should push the Jets into another pass-heavy game script. Denzel Mims was second in receiver routes last week for the Jets.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Nov 4, 2022, 10:59 AM ET

Corey Davis (knee) will not play in Week 11 against the Patriots.​

It's a pretty disappointing outcome for a player who had a full bye week to heal -- Davis never practiced or even looked close to coming back from his sprained MCL. Denzel Mims will likely start outside again for the Jets, unless they decided to stop punishing Elijah Moore over the bye. Tertiary receiving options don't look like great fantasy bets in this game with a sub-40 over/under.
SOURCE: Mike Giardi on Twitter
Nov 18, 2022, 1:03 PM ET

Jets head coach Robert Saleh said Corey Davis (knee) will be active for Week 12 against the Bears.​

Davis has practiced in full this week and will return to the Jets lineup after more than a month on the sideline. Davis has been Zach Wilson's favorite wideout target, but with Mike White under center for New York, it's hard to say Davis is anything more than a low-end WR3. Davis had 19 receptions for 351 yards and two touchdowns before his Week 7 knee injury.
SOURCE: Zack Rosenblatt on Twitter
Nov 25, 2022, 11:08 AM ET

Corey Davis (illness) practiced on Thursday.​

Davis and a handful of other Jets players were held out of Wednesday's practice but returned to the field on Thursday. Barring any unexpected setbacks, it would appear Davis is on track to play on Sunday against the Bills. The former first-round draft pick saw 10 targets in last week's loss to the Vikings but will be hard to trust as anything more than a deep FLEX play against the Bills this week.
Dec 8, 2022, 12:49 PM ET

Chad Forbes @NFLDraftBites
You’d expect Corey Davis’ Agents request his release in the coming days. Won’t match $10.5M on the market, but could command $7M from the Titans or Packers. Both situations better for his longterm earnings potential. Cobb deal feels like the precursor.
A return to Tennessee would certainly make a lot of sense for both sides.
Packers would also be a good fit as a mentor for their very young receiving group. Not sure if true, but seemed to be some buzz that he was originally going to be part of the Rodgers trade.

No thanks on Corey Davis. That's the stuff you hear from Packers fans who last year clamored for the signings of Julio Jones, Will Fuller and Kenny Stills.

The cheap FA receiver I was interested in this year was Parris Campbell but he went to NYG.

Now I don't know if there's anyone worth picking up. Demarcus Robinson? Meh. Maybe someone becomes available later in the summer.

Jets HC Robert Saleh said Corey Davis "will be on this team" when asked about his status heading into this season.​

It's possible Davis is an underrated winner of the offseason despite the Jets bringing in the duo of Allen Lazard and Randall Cobb to appease Aaron Rodgers. Once considered a potential cap casualty, it sounds like Davis will be with the Jets heading into this season, giving him a chance to reprise his role as the No. 2 receiver opposite Garrett Wilson. Davis totaled 32 receptions for 536 yards and two touchdowns in the Jets' lifeless offense last season but averaged a career-best 16.8 YPR. The Jets didn't take a receiver in last week's draft, and even if Davis loses some ground to Lazard, it's unlikely Mecole Hardman or Cobb threaten him for playing time.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Zack Rosenblatt on Twitter
May 5, 2023, 2:16 PM ET

Very surprising, and I wonder if we are gonna get some health news or something, because Davis was still a good WR.

He looked like a guy who was getting his career going after his very good 2020, then NY and Zach Wilson happened.

Never lived up to #1 expectations, but he was a solid WR2 whenever he was healthy for pretty much his entire run.

Always flashed some big skills and made for high hopes, typically under delivered time and time again.
I forgot he was still int he league.

5th overall pick by Titans in 2017

Never seen a guy struggle so much with being hit at the line of scrimmage and I too would have expected that could be coached out of him.
Terrific blocker
He was definitely more hard work than primadonna and I appreciate that.
Underrated hands. He had an excellent range to him and would probably be considered for drops that no one could catch.

The line of scrimmage haunted his whole career though, so so much

what a huge break for the jets depending on his salary stuff. i know he would’ve saved $8mm if cut, not sure right now. davis was king of the oinks. he couldn’t produce when he was actually able to get on the field. enjoy life, but as jet fan good riddance. i’d rather see brownlee on the rooster anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread