What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (1 Viewer)

all things considered this is as close as we`ll get
100%.

I was at that game, and I am over it. Whatever. Immaculate Reception was a bigger hose job, actually.

Anyhoo, the weather forecast is 0 degrees, and gusts up to 40 MPH for this game. Exciting!

I said I’d be fine with us moving on from Renfrow but, boy, Renfrow in prime form is s bad *** player. His TD catch and run after catch was a work of art.

Wow. This team falls apart like no other that I've seen. Romo-led Cowboys were befuddling and vexing, but I think this iteration of this team takes the cake.

Sorry, fellas. It's a rough one. I know as a Jets fan and former Raider fan that these losses sting.

So Carr is a super bowl caliber QB if he has the following things:
A true #1 WR
A great O line
A great D
A great running game
All his games in temperatures above freezing

Am I missing anything?

He may not be THE problem but he is part of the problem and he certainly isn't the solution. I'm not interested in paying $40M for this level of QB play. This team would be better off allocating that money elsewhere.

Carr doing his best to keep the Steelers in the game.

Carr doing his best to keep the Steelers in the game.
he really did

Ugh Carr. So bad tonight. So, so bad.

So Carr is a super bowl caliber QB if he has the following things:
A true #1 WR
A great O line
A great D
A great running game
All his games in temperatures above freezing

Am I missing anything?

He may not be THE problem but he is part of the problem and he certainly isn't the solution. I'm not interested in paying $40M for this level of QB play. This team would be better off allocating that money elsewhere.
SAINT CARR IS THE BEST HUMAN BEING/FOOTBALL PLAYER TO EVER WALK THE EARTH!! y‘all shut your whore mouths.

what a bad loss.

carr gotta go. how many more years of settling for this level of qb play while other teams are taking chances and finding their franchise QB?

I'd love to see him go elsewhere and prove all the haters wrong, but how many former raider players do that? even mack ended up being a disappointment in chicago.

it's time to move on.

Carr is a hot mess in this offense when the play goes off script. And if we are honest, he really has been that way every offense since breaking his leg. He has zero pocket presence and it's basically a good bet for a sack or a wild throw every time the pocket breaks down, which is too often in this league. Compare him to Pickett, who is still a deer headlights rookie. It was telling how much better Pickett looked under pressure. SMDH, I think even Derek has given up. His body language throughout the last game said it all. He looked cold and miserable well beyond the weather. He looked broken. He looked mentally and emotionally done. Time to move on.

Carr is a hot mess in this offense when the play goes off script. And if we are honest, he really has been that way every offense since breaking his leg. He has zero pocket presence and it's basically a good bet for a sack or a wild throw every time the pocket breaks down, which is too often in this league. Compare him to Pickett, who is still a deer headlights rookie. It was telling how much better Pickett looked under pressure. SMDH, I think even Derek has given up. His body language throughout the last game said it all. He looked cold and miserable well beyond the weather. He looked broken. He looked mentally and emotionally done. Time to move on.
Carr has looked uncomfortable and has struggled all season in the new O. McD O has worked in the past but maybe it is simply not the offense for Carr. It’s weird. Jacobs and the run game have never looked so good while Carr and the passing game have never looked so bad. Carr is never going to be great but he was good enough until this season. The offense doesn’t seem very creative week in and week out.

This team is going to look much different next season and will be an entirely different team in 2 or 3 years. Jacobs wants out and it doesn’t make sense for a rebuilding team to invest a ton of money towards a RB that will be past his prime by the time the Raiders are relevant again. Waller is too old to keep. Carr is out of favor and QBs are always moved during rebuilding. Adams is too old to keep around after next season and will likely want to go to a contender as soon as next season.

Getting rid of players during the rebuild is the easy part. Drafting good to great players, and developing them is tough in the NFL and the Raiders have been one of the worst drafting teams in the league for many years. We are probably talking decades. The poor drafting is the biggest contributor to the endless losing. Coaches and GMs come and go but the horrible draft picks don’t end.

Seems like you could get this type of production out of Baker Mayfield at a fraction of the cost.
Jokes aside would anyone in here be happy with a move to acquire Mayfield or White?

Make a big move for Lamar Jackson?

Should they try a go with Stidham?

Who do you think they could draft at whatever slot they draft in (mid teens?).

Should they spend draft capital to move up for a QB?

Draft a "developmental" QB? Who holds down the fort while that QB develops? Stidham?

Seems like you could get this type of production out of Baker Mayfield at a fraction of the cost.
Jokes aside would anyone in here be happy with a move to acquire Mayfield or White?

Draft a "developmental" QB? Who holds down the fort while that QB develops? Stidham?
Build the team through the draft and that includes QB. There is no instant fix. Next year is going to be rough but if a team is built with young players there will be a future.

Build the team through the draft and that includes QB. There is no instant fix. Next year is going to be rough but if a team is built with young players there will be a future.
But what's the solution at QB? 1st round pick in the teens? Do you think they be able to find one at that spot? Or later?

Capable QBs don't grow on trees.

A big no on Jackson. Going to cost a fortune and he's a below average passer. He will have 3-4 games a season where you swear he has taken the next step as an accurate passer and then he will go back to being inconsistent. I know he's still young (26 in January) but just too big of an investment in someone who isn't an elite passer.

I think you are stuck with Carr for at least 2023, especially since he was a big part of the Adams trade happening. See if a 2nd year with McDaniels will make a difference.

No on Baker, plus I think LA will want to keep him even if Stafford comes back like he is saying he will. Stafford is pretty fragile at this point in his career and I don't think McVay wants to go into 2023 without a viable backup plan.

Mike White would be interesting. Also, if Houston takes a QB and is willing to let Davis Mills go cheap, take a look. I know he has struggled this year, but that team is a mess and Cooks and Collins have been absent a big part of the year. I like him as a developmental guy.

But what's the solution at QB? 1st round pick in the teens? Do you think they be able to find one at that spot? Or later?

Capable QBs don't grow on trees.
Like I said, there is no instant fix. Keep Carr for a year or two and start drafting QBs until you find his replacement. If Carr is too much money next season or any of the following seasons you sign rental QBs until you find that QB. This team needs to fill a bunch of holes so it’s not like the Raiders are only a QB away from greatness.

Mike White would be interesting. Also, if Houston takes a QB and is willing to let Davis Mills go cheap, take a look. I know he has struggled this year, but that team is a mess and Cooks and Collins have been absent a big part of the year. I like him as a developmental guy.

You don't want Mills. He's a poor man's Carr.

I thought he looked good as a rookie. Whenever I saw him anyway,

I thought he looked good as a rookie. Whenever I saw him anyway,

He was decent. Took a big step back in Year 2.

pay lamar. or throw it all away and draft O and D line and hopefully find a qb in the draft or pick up a serviceable one off the scrap heap. watch this 49er team this week. the WFT has gone this route as well. they are both much better off than the raiders.

pay lamar. or throw it all away and draft O and D line and hopefully find a qb in the draft or pick up a serviceable one off the scrap heap. watch this 49er team this week. the WFT has gone this route as well. they are both much better off than the raiders.

Agreed. Being a mediocre team year in and year out does your franchise no favors. I doubt they pay Lamar so best to ship Carr and rebuild (wishful thinking).

Find a way to get some draft capital for Carr.

Find stop-gap QB(s) with decent/competitive yr-to-yr salary and draft a developmental QB every year whatever rounds you can find them at value until you find one that sticks.

Maybe Stidham could be the stop gap and developmental at the same time.

There's a Real American ready to practice in Stars and Stripes shorts that might be willing to sign a prove it deal.

It's a barren desert when you don't have a QB, but they've been operating in a purgatory mirage with Carr. Time to search for actual H2O.

Find a way to get some draft capital for Carr.

Find stop-gap QB(s) with decent/competitive yr-to-yr salary and draft a developmental QB every year whatever rounds you can find them at value until you find one that sticks.

Maybe Stidham could be the stop gap and developmental at the same time.

There's a Real American ready to practice in Stars and Stripes shorts that might be willing to sign a prove it deal.

It's a barren desert when you don't have a QB, but they've been operating in a purgatory mirage with Carr. Time to search for actual H2O.
Carr has a no trade clause and has said he will retire, rather than play for another team. So they either release him or are stuck with him.

But it won’t happen. Because there’s not a better option and Carr is relatively cheap. I hope they dump anyone not named maxx, Adam’s or Hobbs. Get whatever cap flexibility and/or draft capitol they can and try and build a team. The OL has done better than expected but still needs work.

I don't see how you can do much worse than carr at qb. the guy has high potential that he never consistently reaches, it's fools gold in the end. you get knocked out of the top 10 on draft day and also don't get any playoff wins or real chance at a super bowl.

even when they build up the offense to help him succeed, the offense just doesn't score consistently, or move the ball enough to give the defense any rest. then the afterthought defense gets the blame when it's a bunch of dudes that wouldn't make the practice squad on another team.

I don't see how you can do much worse than carr at qb
I'm on board with moving on from Carr, but not hastily. You eanna go with Mike White? Gardner Minshew? Heck,.what about Lamar Jackson? Is he going to provide RoI on whatever it costs to acquire and keep him?

The only current potential FA who makes any kind of sense is Garoppolo. And if he wasn't so frail I would be 100% on board. Then again if he weren't so frail Trey Lance wouldn't be a 49er.

Your comment is outrageous enough it becomes difficult to take anything that follows that comment seriously. I get the premise but, you could absolutely and unquestionably do worse than Carr.

Could definitely do worse than the mid/upper version of Carr. Can't do much worse than the version we saw last Saturday, and multiple other times in recent seasons, especially this one.

At some point, you cut bait and move on with a guy who will compete with and groom a stream of incoming rookie swings at the position. If Carr wants to take one last one for the team to fill that role next year and beyond then maybe bring him back. But given his tenure, history and status with the locker room, I think that would more than likely be an impossible ideal. These are human personalities at play, and to avoid controversy, you most likely need to cut bait clean and bring in a clear stopgap with some upside and a flex contract. If Minch or White Mike or the Grop or Bake Show or even Jared Stidham could fill that role in 2023 and beyond until they find an actual franchise QB, then go there rather than allowing the ghost of Derek Carr to spook the halls.

But it won’t happen. Because there’s not a better option and Carr is relatively cheap. I hope they dump anyone not named maxx, Adam’s or Hobbs. Get whatever cap flexibility and/or draft capitol they can and try and build a team. The OL has done better than expected but still needs work.
I think there are options that could be as good or work out better than Carr.

Option 1 - Draft a rookie QB early and spend Carr's $40M on other positions. You can get some real good players at other positions with $40M.

Option 2 - Sign a QB that will require a $15-20M contract and use the rest on other positions and draft a developmental QB later in the draft.

I also think there is a misconception that Carr is relatively cheap. His contract is not for a lot of years, but he makes top of the market QB money. I believe his average annual salary is #7. It's hard to win when you pay a QB that is probably a bit above average $40M.

It's time to move on and if they can get a pick for him even better.

Option 1 - Draft a rookie QB early and spend Carr's $40M on other positions. You can get some real good players at other positions with $40M.

Option 2 - Sign a QB that will require a $15-20M contract and use the rest on other positions and draft a developmental QB later in the draft.

I also think there is a misconception that Carr is relatively cheap. His contract is not for a lot of years, but he makes top of the market QB money. I believe his average annual salary is #7. It's hard to win when you pay a QB that is probably a bit above average $40M.

Is this a Tom Brady post?

Is this a Tom Brady post?
It was not intended to be, but I wouldn't dismiss him as an option.

Users who are viewing this thread