What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime (3 Viewers)

My ship date now defaults to Amazon Day... I'm not having any success trying to make it default to fastest shipping again.
Did you try going into your account, down to "your amazon day" (under "ordering and shopping preferences"), then "manage your amazon day" and make sure the "make amazon day my preferred delivery" box is unclicked?

Did you try going into your account, down to "your amazon day" (under "ordering and shopping preferences"), then "manage your amazon day" and make sure the "make amazon day my preferred delivery" box is unclicked?
Yeah, I did.  It was already unclicked.  I talked to Amazon support, they say there's no way to fix it.  I might drop Prime - that's the point of having it.

Yeah, I did.  It was already unclicked.  I talked to Amazon support, they say there's no way to fix it.  I might drop Prime - that's the point of having it.
Might seem drastic, but could you just cancel prime and start a new account? Maybe it’s just me but we've got multiple family emails. I use Amazon a lot, especially with 3 boys, so I’d never truly cancel but I’d use my wife’s (my old one Lol) email. Heck, with an iPhone, handling multiple non-work emails is easy so you’d still get notifications or even use the app of choice.

I honestly don’t even know how to make that my default. I sometimes use it for things I don’t need right away to bundle the deliveries for one less thing for my dog to bark at.

I almost never select fastest delivery / same day or whatever unless I absolutely need it now. It just bugs me to think some schmuck wage slave who has to pee in a bottle because he can't take potty breaks has to run around a warehouse finding my wireless mouse I bought on a whim then a driver has to bring it to my house at 11:00 p.m. when I probably won't open it for a week or two.

I almost never select fastest delivery / same day or whatever unless I absolutely need it now. It just bugs me to think some schmuck wage slave who has to pee in a bottle because he can't take potty breaks has to run around a warehouse finding my wireless mouse I bought on a whim then a driver has to bring it to my house at 11:00 p.m. when I probably won't open it for a week or two.
I do too as an Amazon shareholder. I only choose quick delivery if I need something. I don’t know if it really saves them anything but I do know I’d rather get fewer total boxes.

Is anyone a Amazon Vine reviewer? My wife was invited and joined recently. She has already received several items and all she needs to do is post a review. It looks like a pretty good deal as they only send you a 1099 if you go over $600 in goods. There is currently a $1,400 upright freezer that we are considering. It seems crazy that they would offer something that expensive.

This is the first time in forever that I'm seriously considering dropping Prime. The free 2-day shipping was enough to justify it for us, with prime video a nice bonus.

Now, I look at the benefits we're paying for and realize how few apply to us.
"Convenient options - Enjoy Same-Day, One-Day, and Two-Day Delivery on millions of items." Same- and One-day options were never available to us and Two-day is now usually Four- or Five-day. (Sometimes for no apparent reason, it goes back to two-day for short stretches of time).
"Groceries - Skip the lines with 2-hour delivery on a wide selection of fresh ingredients." Not available in our area.
"Amazon Day - Shop throughout the week and receive your orders on a single day." Not really a perk when you're already waiting 4 or 5 days anyway.
Prime Video - I'd probably miss that, but we don't use it consistently anyway
Music, Gaming, Rx, Reading, Photos - I think I set up photos for an extra backup option, but don't need it. We don't really use the others.
Prime Day - Overrated. If I buy anything, it's usually an impulse and not something I really need.

Basically, if all I have to do is spend $25+ to get free shipping in 5 or 6 days instead of 4 or 5, it probably makes the most sense to drop Prime. Maybe pay for a month of it in December or something.

But my wife will still probably talk me out of cancelling...

Prime’s tv shows are enough to keep me satisfied with the price these days, I find myself ordering less and less on a whim with Prime shipping though. Only exception would be certain things set on Subscribe & Save.

Looking forward to Rings of Power in a few weeks. They have as many hits as misses in original content as a lot of other streaming services do but I think this one could really turn out well considering the massive commitment they’ve made.

if my ex-wife wasn't paying for it, i would've dropped it long ago. i only care about the shipping since i watch all tv via other means and the numbers just don't add up. i rarely need something quicker and i could just pay for the extra shipping for those times.

We live in a remote area and I have trouble finding specific things in stores. It is so convenient to find exactly what I want and have it shipped in several days that the cost is worth it for me.

This is the first time in forever that I'm seriously considering dropping Prime. The free 2-day shipping was enough to justify it for us, with prime video a nice bonus.

Now, I look at the benefits we're paying for and realize how few apply to us.
"Convenient options - Enjoy Same-Day, One-Day, and Two-Day Delivery on millions of items." Same- and One-day options were never available to us and Two-day is now usually Four- or Five-day. (Sometimes for no apparent reason, it goes back to two-day for short stretches of time).
"Groceries - Skip the lines with 2-hour delivery on a wide selection of fresh ingredients." Not available in our area.
"Amazon Day - Shop throughout the week and receive your orders on a single day." Not really a perk when you're already waiting 4 or 5 days anyway.
Prime Video - I'd probably miss that, but we don't use it consistently anyway
Music, Gaming, Rx, Reading, Photos - I think I set up photos for an extra backup option, but don't need it. We don't really use the others.
Prime Day - Overrated. If I buy anything, it's usually an impulse and not something I really need.

Basically, if all I have to do is spend $25+ to get free shipping in 5 or 6 days instead of 4 or 5, it probably makes the most sense to drop Prime. Maybe pay for a month of it in December or something.

But my wife will still probably talk me out of cancelling...
Nfl Thursday night football not enough for you?

Are you not entertained?!

Is anyone a Amazon Vine reviewer? My wife was invited and joined recently. She has already received several items and all she needs to do is post a review. It looks like a pretty good deal as they only send you a 1099 if you go over $600 in goods. There is currently a $1,400 upright freezer that we are considering. It seems crazy that they would offer something that expensive.

My wife does something similar for WalMart. We get all sorts of free crap. Most recently we got a nice couch cover since our couch's pillows were getting pretty nasty. Works and looks great. All sorts of other stuff too.... knife set was good. Can't remember what other stuff we've got recently but it's been pretty cool to be part of.

As for Prime, we almost got rid of it but I told the wife to keep it. I watch a lot of stuff on Prime app on my iPad (Terminal List, etc.) and we do order quite a bit and it's nice to have the swift delivery if needed.

Nfl Thursday night football not enough for you?

Are you not entertained?!
Yeah, unless my team is playing, I tend to forget a game is being played Thursday night until it's almost over anyway. And I don't think the Giants have any this year.
But I did forget about the upcoming Lord of the Rings show.
I'd think about just switching to monthly for Oct-Dec. That would cover most of NFL and let me binge any shows I missed the rest of the year and give me the better shipping for Christmas.

I was going to comment how it's funny that 2-day Prime vs 4-day non-Prime sounds like a much better Prime advantage than 4-or 5-day Prime vs 6- or 7-day non-Prime. Guess it's the ratio as opposed to the actual number of days saved.

But I just looked at a few items, and they all showed Tuesday Prime delivery if I order before midnight. Signed out and checked the non-Prime delivery date - Tuesday.
So the only delivery perk I would be getting is the $25 minimum for free shipping. Big deal.

We live in a remote area and I have trouble finding specific things in stores. It is so convenient to find exactly what I want and have it shipped in several days that the cost is worth it for me.
Orders over $25 ship free without prime. We usually get our orders in 2-3 days also

$9 a month would be $108 for the year just for video. A year of prime is only $139. The shipping stuff as well as the music on their echos which I have around the house is worth $30.
I also take advantage of the books on my kindle.. I read every night so go through books like water. :thumbup:

I got an email saying something about Grubhub+ being free if you have Amazon Prime. I think that means no delivery fees for Grubhub.

$9 a month would be $108 for the year just for video. A year of prime is only $139. The shipping stuff as well as the music on their echos which I have around the house is worth $30.
Or, you could pay three months for $27. Do you want Amazon video at your fingertips, always?

Partitioning streaming video options on the calendar is a no-brainer to me. It's less about saving money, but I'd rather avoid the weird obligation to spend more time viewing umpteen streaming subscriptions - just like I don't want pizza, tacos, fried chicken, and cheeseburgers served up on a platter every single day.

EDIT: Full disclosure, I live in a household of two. A full house might shade my perspective differently.

Last edited:
I got an email saying something about Grubhub+ being free if you have Amazon Prime. I think that means no delivery fees for Grubhub.
Yep, I posted it back in early July.

Amazon teams up with Grubhub to offer free delivery to Prime members for a year

https://www.foxla.com/news/amazon-grubhub-free-delivery-prime-members

Amazon will give its U.S. Prime members free access to meal delivery service Grubhub for a year under a deal announced Wednesday.

The Grubhub Plus membership __ which normally costs $9.99 per month __ lets customers order from thousands of restaurants with no delivery fees on most orders. Amazon Prime membership costs $139 per year.

Prime members must sign up for the Grubhub service. After one year they will be charged Grubhub’s normal fees unless they deactivate the program.

Being able to give Prime members one year of Grubhub+ and no delivery fees from restaurants is our way of saying ‘thank you,’ Jamil Ghani, VP of Amazon Prime, said in a statement. "The value of a Prime membership continues to grow with this offer, and this year is shaping up to be a great time to enjoy the convenience, savings, fun — and deliciousness — that membership provides."

Edit: you have to sign up via the Amazon website. I went to Accounts and Lists in top right, then clicked Prime Membership, then clicked the banner that says "Deals and promotions for Prime members", then scrolled down and found it there.

I then received a separate email saying that Grubhub + is free if you have a Bank of America CC or bank account. I guess Grubhub is making it free for almost everyone. :lol:

Or, you could pay three months for $27. Do you want Amazon video at your fingertips, always?

Partitioning streaming video options on the calendar is a no-brainer to me. It's less about saving money, but I'd rather avoid the weird obligation to spend more time viewing umpteen streaming subscriptions - just like I don't want pizza, tacos, fried chicken, and cheeseburgers served up on a platter every single day.

EDIT: Full disclosure, I live in a household of two. A full house might shade my perspective differently.
I did this over the past year. One month each of Paramount Plus, HBO Max, Hulu, and Peacock premium to watch all their good movies; I'll do it again next winter, maybe get Starz or Vudu for a month too since some movies I want to see are on those.

The kids barely watch anything - daughter watches Office-era sitcoms, but the boys just watch YouTube, Twitch, and Crunchyroll.

I wish I had the self control you guys do. I'm glad Amazon doesn't show you how much you've spent with them over the last year because the number would probably be scary. So for the extra $139 to get it all shipped much faster and not have to spend time partitioning out when I order stuff to meet shipping thresholds is a no brainer, not to mention the great content on Prime Video and now TNF games.

They seem to be ratcheting up the shipping stuff now too. When central Florida I often get the stuff by 7am the next morning for free, or for $1.99 can get it same day (I bet eventually same-day will be free too).

And when you don't need stuff fast if you choose prime day don't you get a digital content credit? I have a bunch of free money to spend on movie rentals, etc and I'm assuming that's where it came from.

Also nice that Amazon's CC is a flat 5% back on everything on Amazon which makes it a no brainer over driving to the store and paying for gas and only getting 1-2% back.

I wish I had the self control you guys do. I'm glad Amazon doesn't show you how much you've spent with them over the last year because the number would probably be scary. So for the extra $139 to get it all shipped much faster and not have to spend time partitioning out when I order stuff to meet shipping thresholds is a no brainer, not to mention the great content on Prime Video and now TNF games.

They seem to be ratcheting up the shipping stuff now too. When central Florida I often get the stuff by 7am the next morning for free, or for $1.99 can get it same day (I bet eventually same-day will be free too).

And when you don't need stuff fast if you choose prime day don't you get a digital content credit? I have a bunch of free money to spend on movie rentals, etc and I'm assuming that's where it came from.

Also nice that Amazon's CC is a flat 5% back on everything on Amazon which makes it a no brainer over driving to the store and paying for gas and only getting 1-2% back.
You can look at that statement to see how much you spent if you only use the CC at Amazon :)

Speaking for myself, it's less about the amount of self control and more about the fact that it's basically a 3-tier service at this point based on your location.
You have regular Amazon, Amazon Prime Jr, and Amazon Prime. While you see the shipping ratcheting up, a lot of people stuck in the Jr category are seeing it going the other direction significantly. It's just easier to say no when your service feels closer to the free basic service but you're still paying for the Prime.

I do wonder if Amazon is more lenient on the state of returned items and being outside of the return window if you're a prime member. The official policy is that you can return for free unopened items but I've never had a problem returning stuff I've opened. They also haven't given me an issue extending the return window for me if I wait more than 30 days.

Liking the Amazon entry into the NFL broadcast game so far. TNF is exclusively on Amazon Prime this year. Really looking forward how the extra features w/next gen stats etc work.

Also love to see Al Michaels in the booth, it feels like he's the last of the old school guys that still calls games.

Last edited:
I did notice that when looking at amazon on my work computer (not logged in), it didn't show the free return benefit so I think that might be something that just comes with prime. I think having to pay for returns would send me back to the dark side.

Liking the Amazon entry into the NFL broadcast game so far. TNF is exclusively on Amazon Prime this year. Really looking forward how the extra features w/next gen stats etc work.

Also love to see Al Michaels in the booth, it feels like he's the last of the old school guys that still calls games.
The picture quality of the game last night was eons better than regular cable.

The picture quality of the game last night was eons better than regular cable.
I was getting piss-poor signal at my hotel last night and the picture quality was still nails.

Thought it was interesting going out to a restaurant/bar last Thursday and they didn’t have the NFL game on any TV’s. Places are going to have to figure out how to get that piped in that doesn’t involve buying 20 some odd fire sticks!

Thought it was interesting going out to a restaurant/bar last Thursday and they didn’t have the NFL game on any TV’s. Places are going to have to figure out how to get that piped in that doesn’t involve buying 20 some odd fire sticks!
I see this as being a huge obstacle initially.

The other thing I wonder about once Prime gets the Sunday Ticket is flipping between games. It's easy now with the previous button on the remote to toggle between games. I see this as being much more cumbersome through a streaming service. I am also concerned as I have my den set up with multiple TV's for multiple games and switching some games and leaving other's may become an issue with the remote changing everything instead of just one. I am old, how am I expected to change my ways. Ugh.

It's easy now with the previous button on the remote to toggle between games. I see this as being much more cumbersome through a streaming service.
Slight change of subject, but the 'Prev' button is the biggest thing I miss since going to YoutubeTV. On Saturday or Sunday afternoon, I want to keep up with more than one game at a time. I mean, it's not hard but I miss the one click between two games.

It's easy now with the previous button on the remote to toggle between games. I see this as being much more cumbersome through a streaming service.
Slight change of subject, but the 'Prev' button is the biggest thing I miss since going to YoutubeTV. On Saturday or Sunday afternoon, I want to keep up with more than one game at a time. I mean, it's not hard but I miss the one click between two games.

This bugs me too. I have an Apple remote and I can't believe there is no back/previous button. Or maybe I haven't found it.

My Prime coverage was super spotty or glitchy last time I watched Prime. Have they fixed that?

I just deleted and re-installed the app, hoping that may have done the trick. Anyone else have problems with it? I don't want to watch 3 hours of on and off stoppage / freeze frame stuff.

I see this as being a huge obstacle initially.

The other thing I wonder about once Prime gets the Sunday Ticket is flipping between games. It's easy now with the previous button on the remote to toggle between games. I see this as being much more cumbersome through a streaming service. I am also concerned as I have my den set up with multiple TV's for multiple games and switching some games and leaving other's may become an issue with the remote changing everything instead of just one. I am old, how am I expected to change my ways. Ugh.
Two TVs, one Red Zone, one on the good game.

I've found that going further I feel like I didn't watch any football

Users who are viewing this thread