What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (4 Viewers)

3rd year in a row I’ve played the highest scoring team in week 1 in my redraft league with me being the 2nd highest. Ran into a Mahomes/Tyreek Hill pairing that scored over 50% of my opponents points. Aiyuk donut on my side didn’t help either.

My rebuilding dynasty team had the highest score in that league. My competitive dynasty team had the 2nd lowest score in that league.  :shrug:

I have Aaron Jones, Najee Harris, CEH, Aaron Rodgers, McLaurin, Higgins, and L. Thomas.  Not only did I lose but had the worst points by a mile this week.  Even my kicker only got 3 pts.  I was feeling pretty good about my team too.

Last edited by a moderator:
On pace for the 2nd highest score in the league (despite Aaron Jones in the lineup and Lamb on the bench).  Guess whose opponent is on track for the highest score in the league?

Need Waller to outscore Andrews by 17 tonight. Would have been a bit closer if Kupp's TD was upheld (he has Henderson)

As someone that drafted Mostert last year (and then picked up Wilson, and then McKinnon, and then Hasty). And this year drafted Sermon (though he dropped so low in draft I couldn't say no) and Aiyuk (to be my WR2).

Shanahan me once, shame on Shanahan.

Shanahan me twice, shame on me.

Shanahan me even more ... won't get Shanahaned again.

Except for DST, I'm done. Everyone from his team goes on my "Do not draft" list. I'm sure I'll miss out on some good games, but it'll be worth the personal mental aggravation I save myself.

Just as I expected, my "tanking" team is at 181 pts and counting with the highest score in the league in week 1.

Starting lineup:
QB: Mahomes
RB: Ty'Son Williams, Damien Harris
WR: Antonio Brown, Devonta Smith
FLEX: Jaylen Waddle, Melvin Gordon
TE: Juwan Johnson
SFLEX: Joe Burrow

Going up against Waller in my main league

was up by 10.86 when it was 1st and goal from the 10

It was virtually a mathematical impossibility I could lose

catch + 10 yards + TD = 8 points

Waller was at 8-85 = 16.5

best he could get to was 9-95-1 = 24.5

HOLDING ON LEATHERWOOD

catch, catch, 20 yards, TD, +1 bonus for going over 100

10-105-1 = 26.5 + 1 bonus = 27.5

I just lost by 0.14

to quote Furio Giunta, “stupida ####### game”

Had Lamar Jackson and Derrick Waller going against Baltimore defense on the Monday Night game.

Raiders have the ball at the one foot line in OT and I have a 89.23 to 87.68 lead. False start and an interception puts me behind 89.23 to 89.68. No problem, Lamer will get me a few points to set up a Tucker FG and I'll win. Wrong!

Jackson gets me to 89.43 and then fumbles losing me two points. Now I need some passes to Waller but no, Carr throws a TD to Zay Jones and I lose 87.43 to 88.68.
😡

On pace for the 2nd highest score in the league (despite Aaron Jones in the lineup and Lamb on the bench).  Guess whose opponent is on track for the highest score in the league?

Need Waller to outscore Andrews by 17 tonight. Would have been a bit closer if Kupp's TD was upheld (he has Henderson)
w00t!

(Sorry @Utter Chaos)

2nd week in a row I'm the 2nd highest score, losing to the highest score, by less than a 2 point margin of victory. 

NOT GREAT BOB

The good news in my big money league, 2-0 and up 70+ points on the next closest point total. The bad news my bench is so bad.

same ole same ole in my main league 

playing our lone guppy, every year he has the worst draft. BY FAR. he starts Daniel Jones bc he’s a Big Blue homer. Gets 3 INT & 2 TDs from the Tampa DST. the rest of his lineup blows (3 guys in single digits) but Kupp blows up.

meanwhile I have four players score 20+ for the second straight week, 100% efficiency picking the lineup, and I lose by 9 with the second highest score of the week.

last week lost by 0.14 on Waller’s late TD.

0-2

:confetti:

ETA: stat correction or sumtin’...lost by 7.79, meaning I’ve been outscored by 7.93 in two losses. Stupid hobby.

Woke up to see the following offer in my inbox:

(redraft). 

I give: Henderson

i get: Jacoby Myers

I have Ridley, Higgins, DJ Moore, Mooney,, & Gallup who will be back soon.

I have no idea what this guy was thinking, but don’t be that guy. 
:doh:  

Our MFL league (Salary cap dynasty) has a setting where if you drop someone, they are locked for 24 hours and then go on waivers. Guy wasn't aware of the 24-hour lock and tried dropping a couple guys right before 8PM to get them back immediately at a lower salary.  

The overall tactic isn't too unusual - it gives you a chance to reduce a player's salary so you can keep them longer - but that has to be balanced against the risk that someone else will outbid you. Thus the 24-hour lock so the rest of the league gets a fair shot.

Currently waiting on final word from the commish (I just handle the website) on whether he can just undo the drops  and take the players back, or if he has to a) do without both guys this weekend and b) let everybody else bid against him next week. :popcorn:

Preseason: Cam Akers, Deshaun Watson

Week 1: Jerry Jeudy

Week 2: Za’Darius Smith

Week 3: CMC

All the same team. I’m running out of friggin IR spots. 

All my leaguemates know how I operate, my "timely moves" etc.  Tonight was a good one.

I load up on backup RBs and RB stashes (and I laugh at the others with WR5 types on their benches lol  whatever) and just tonight about 7:00 I was looking over my redraft rosters, and I noticed I had CHUBA HUBBARD on 3/4 redrafts.

Just for kicks, I checked my 4th redraft, lo and behold Hubbard was on the wire.  So about 30 minutes before the game, I dropped one of my other 10 RBs and picked up Hubbard. Just in the unlikely event of something happening.

I was about an hour late tuning in, but my phone was already going off, guys inquiring about Hubbard.

Will he be a league winner?   Doubtful, that line looked rough from what I've seen.  But he may be a "season saver" as I call them, and give you decent RB2 numbers.

I really hate seeing anyone injured, but we all know its part of our game.  Who knows how serious this will be, hopefully he is back in 3-4 weeks.

Not a brag, and not a gloat, but to win the lottery, you gotta buy a ticket. It doesn't happen often, but tonight I may have stumbled into another startable RB2 everywhere.  Or trade bait.

I'm also much higher on Tony Jones Jr................but thats another story. (got him stashed in 4/4 too)   :football:

TZM

Lucky this week. Antonio Brown out with Covid. Had to plug Emmanuel Sanders in. Dalvin Cook likely out. Left with Marquez Callaway. I'm satisfied as is now if they don't get anymore points.

4-0 week, may have high score in one or two leagues

technically the win probability percentages are only 99, 93, 62, 95 - and I lost a game Week 1 by 0.14 when I had 95% probability....anyway...

i. Do. Not. Care.

I hate it when the Detroit Lions find yet another way to break my heart.

I hate when trades blow up in your face in the first week and then you go back and question what exactly was going in your mind.

I'm not sure how to bounce back mentally when you lose CMC, and then my team of 135 projction will barely crack 80-90 pts. Went from Top-3 to bad overnight...

Next season I will quit every league that allows Kickers as a position.  I'm basically facing an extra flex player each week: 

Week 1 - my Myers (4 pts) vs. Gould (14 pts), I lose by 6 

Week 2 - my Myers (6 pts) vs Gano (22 pts), I lost by 3

Week 3 - my Myers (6 pts) vs. Tucker (17 pts), I'm projected to lose by 5

not me but I just saw something pretty messed up...

saw one match where it was deadlocked and looked like was going to end that way.... until dak came out for 2 kneeldowns which made the other team win by .2 points 🤣🤣🤣

not me but I just saw something pretty messed up...

saw one match where it was deadlocked and looked like was going to end that way.... until dak came out for 2 kneeldowns which made the other team win by .2 points 🤣🤣🤣
I almost lost on it. Still won by 0.3

Losing by a half a point in ppr.  My opponent had Lamb.  Any chamce they change that swing pass in 3rd quarter to a lateral?

All of my WRs- I picked them several rounds earlier than how they're performing/ being used..

Ridley, nice servicable mid to high end WR2, picked early 2nd round.

Woods, nice servicable flex, picked early 4th round. 

Higgins is hurt, Boyd might offset that (weird that I hadn't seen cuffing higgins as my draft strategy but whatever).

Then bypassed all of the 9th-14th round WRs to get depth at RB. Cool.

I feel like I need to look again at how the draft unfolded and figure out a different strategy for next year. And different analysts to trust. I'm not naming names but Woods and Ridley were both darlings of two guys I thought were like the best of the best...

Rough injury week for me making some already not-great decisions harder.

One league, need to pick between Diontae (Q), Conklin (Q) and ARob (Fields?).  If Dalton is healthy then I'll probably go Robinson but if it's Fields, eesh.

Another league, need 1-2 RB and 1-2 WR from among Mike Davis, JJ Taylor, TySon Williams, Terrace Marshall, Elijah Moore (Q), Sterling Shepard (Q), Quez Watkins and Sammy Watkins.  I was already weak at WR (contract league, lost Hill and Adams after last year) and have CMC on the shelf for a couple weeks yet.

(Not asking for who to start, just venting)

My dynasty team includes:

• QB - Dak Prescott, Aaron Rodgers
  • WR - Tyreek Hill, Stefon Diggs, Mike Evans, AJ Brown, Amari Cooper, Tee Higgins, Julio Jones
  • RB - Dalvin Cook, Alvin Kamara, JK Dobbins, Deandre Swift, James Robinson, Javonte Williams, Leonard Fournette
  • TE - George Kittle, Logan Thomas
  • Def - Rams, Buccaneers 
I am currently 0 - 3 due to playing the wrong players each week, like Rodgers in week 1, Dak in week 2, AJ Brown in week 3. I was the Champion last year, I am currently 30 pts behind 2nd to last place, and 150 pts behind the league leader after 3 weeks. 

0 luck so far this year. 

Thought I was set at RB in my 12 team league. Drafted Ekler,Edwards, Montgomery,Moestart and B Scott. Even managed to get Tyson off waivers

Calling it now - if he can stay healthy, Derrick Henry is going to lead ~75% of teams to a league victory.  RB production is a complete and total crapshoot, and he's the only bellcow RB left in the league.  I guess Najee is too, but Ben can't keep defenses honest so the rookie is gonna see stacked boxes all year.  Too many teams are going RBBC, or some version of it that eats into fantasy RB production.  CEH getting no targets, Mahomes throwing 25 balls each to Kelce and Tyreek on any given week. Kamara not getting targets anymore, and Taysom vulturing every TD.  Swift disappears, and is losing snaps to JWill.  Carson getting out-touched by Collins?!  Dalvin dinged up, CMC dinged up. Gaskin disappeared.  Can't survive with Chuba bc Darnold runs in all the TDs.  Denver is a complete RBBC, despite Javonte going BeastQuake 2.0 yesterday.  Zeke losing tons of touches to Pollard.  Chubb is becoming TD dependent.  Mixon always dinged up.  Montgomery gets into a negative game script too often.  Aaron Jones is still good but every other game is an Adams-fest and ARod vultures TDs too.  Ty'son is a random inactive, but even if he's not Lamar is RB1 there anyway. Buffalo is RBBC and Allen vultures TDs.  Belichick still determined to have 5 different RBs each have a specific role, and still desperately trying to keep Brandon Bolden relevant for some reason.  Fournette is getting some work but Brady is too busy trying to throw every single TD because apparently he's got more to prove?!  Shanahanigans in SF, avoid that backfield completely.  Arizona likes Edmonds but not near the goal line, Jacobs is hurt or getting Gruden'ed on random weeks...I swear Derrick Henry is the ONLY RB in the whole league that you can plug in and feel 100% confident that he will put up points.  And no, I don't have Derrick Henry on any team this year.

/rant

god this game sucks sometimes.....was down by 1.3pts with Carlson going last night. Thought I got that one in the bag.....a 52 yarder missed later, I finish with one point and lose by 0.3 pt. Pissing me off......even after so many years of FFL....

Hard to lose when you have Tyreek Hill, but I lost one of my doubleheaders.....ran into Austin Ekeler, Daniel Jones (superflex league), Joe Burrow and DJ Moore.  These 4 guys put up about 117 points for my opponent.

Contract league

12-2 League Champion last year...my core all returning 

Deshaun Watson

Christian McCaffrey

Dalvin Cook 

Travis Kelce

Adam Thielen

Tee Higgins

0-4 this year...Go figure  :shrug:

In 4 redraft leagues this year.

This was my lineup coming out of the draft in my biggest/longest running  league.

(Mandatory start 3WRs, standard, no flex)

WRs - STEFON DIGGS, CALVIN RIDLEY, ALLEN ROBINSON.............Marquez Callaway

RBs - CHRIS CARSON, MELVIN GORDON, JAVONTE WILLIAMS, MILES SANDERS, ZACK MOSS,GIO BERNARD, DARREL WILIAMS

TE - JONNU SMITH

QB - MATT RYAN, TREVOR LAWRENCE     (obviously my weak point)

DEF - DENVER

K - Blankenship.

I was stoked after the draft, felt like I was very loaded at WR and RB, the key spots in our set up.

Week 1 - Matt Ryan (figured he would have to throw, he did! andput up a slick 7.36 points, meanwhile my trio of stud wide outs combined for a total of 15.50 points.   LOSS

WEEK 2 - I opted to start the "hot" Jameis Winston who put up a smooth 8.34, and my trio of top WRs did a little better, but combined for roughly 32 points, and Miles Sanders put up less than 6 points. LOSS

Week 3 - I Then start JUSTIN FIELDS, who put up an eye-opening 3.92, and my WRs combined put up 15 points lol.  Fortunately, I still started the DENVER DEF, and they put up 19.00   My opponents team completely #### the bed, and I won by a mere .48 of a point.  WINNER

Week 4, I try and take matters in my own hands. I snatch Sam Darnold off the wire, and he put up 35 points, (the previous 3 weeks my QBs scored a grand total of all 3 weeks combined of 19.62) :wall: Diggs/Ridley/AROB put up a grand total of 25.7. I run into a buzzsaw of Josh Allen/DJ Moore/J Taylor/David Montgomery..... BLOW OUT LOSS.

I then try and make a bold trade. Sending AROB+ someone for GEORGE KITTLE.   Within 24 hours, Kittle goes to injured reserve, then we get wind of CALVIN RIDLEY having a personal issue/not playing this week. Down by 21+ after Thursday night (Metcalf), and minus 3 of my so called "studs", this will be another easy loss. So I'm trying a "desperation stack" at QB/WR to try and catch lightning and make up for the large deficit I' behind going into the morning.

So 1-4 here I come, and I will be without Kittle, possibly Carson, and Calvin Ridley all 3 next week (or longer)...this is now a lost season.

Left the draft super stoked, with 3 perennial top 15 wide outs, and solid at RB.......to an absolutely decimated team going into week 5 with no hope.

The good news is I have solid, competitive teams in my other 3 leagues.....so theres that.  :football:

TZM

I thought about starting Myles Gaskin at flex today, but I just couldn’t do it. Sometimes it’s the last-minute moves I don’t make, not just the ones I do.  :ptts:

Users who are viewing this thread