What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** OFFICIAL ** Cleveland Guardians thread - spring training (2 Viewers)

Donaldson set to start at 3B tonight, with Josey at 2B and Kipnis.....in CF?!?! WTH?!?!  I'd rather he come in off the bench, not make a start there!  Kipnis is too slow for CF.  Maybe a corner OF rotation, or PH or DH.  I'd rather keep Allen out there.  He's been doing well and learning every game.  

Post season roster will be interesting if Kip's bat stays hot, and Donaldson produces as expected.  Where do you put everyone?

So not the best start for Donaldson, but Bieber had a great outing last night!  He's really adjusting well and learning from previous outings.  He'll be a solid contributor in the rotation next year, and could surprise some teams in the Post Season.

Bauer sounds like he is working his way back to full health.  If he can get some more time throwing in game situations, he should be able to join soon.

Anderson apparently had a good outing in a minor league game.  Will be nice to see if he could join the BP for the post season.  With the lead the Tribe has in the AL Central, Tito could probably call him up and let him "rehab" an inning every so often for the rest of the month.  See if he's fully healthy, and give an idea of where he could fit into the Post Season plans.

Reports of Bauer testing out his legs by throwing off the mound recently.  Signs are looking good for him to do a sim start, or maybe some BP work in the coming week.  Hoping he's back to his starter's form by the last road trip with the White Sox and KC.  It would be good to have him in the ALDS.

Ridiculous start today.. 6 in the 1st and so far 4 in the 2nd, bases loaded no outs. Only one without a hit is Kipnis, and he has 2 rbi's. Only one without a run scored is Cabrera and he is 2 for 2 

Edit: Cabrera has scored

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, I saw a shorter version before.  I didn't even know they were honoring him.  Would have been cool to see him wearing the Wahoo this month, kind of like how Thome got a short 2nd stint.

For the most part it's just a knock around these days being 14 years old, but I've been wearing my #41 t-shirt jersey all weekend.   :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jordan Bastian 
@MLBastian

Francona confirms: Bauer to be activated on Fri for start (couple innings) vs. Red Sox. Bieber will follow him out of bullpen. Clevinger will start Sat with Plutko starting Sun. Bauer’s next start would then be Tue.

:excited: :thumbup:

Watch Tito keep Clev in long enough to break his 200 KO count and then take him out.

Boom Kipper! Hit #1000 walk off grand salami!

Starting to get that Oct baseball feeling in my gut. Nothing better when you have a strong rooting interest (thanks to the Browns letting me forget how playoff games feel). 

For those of you in or near the CLE area, a Bauer-Outage has been issued for 7pm tonight.  Should last for about 60-90 mins; enough time for 5-7 strikeouts, a few fist pumps, and perhaps a glare and finger pointing from the middle of Progressive Field.

On a side note, beware of jamming hot dogs in the stands near the Outpost.  They tend to jump around and knock people over with reckless abandon, per Andre Knott.

Go Tribe!

Playoff Time!

Friday, October 5 Indians at Astros, Game 1 TBS
Saturday, October 6 Indians at Astros, Game 2 TBS
Monday, October 8 Astros at Indians, Game 3 TBS
Tuesday, October 9 Astros at Indians, Game 4* TBS
Thursday, October 11 Indians at Astros, Game 5* TBS
*If Needed

Love October Baseball!!  It'll be interesting to see how Tito manages these last 4 games vs KC.  Does he keep using the 2nd string and BP to rest his starters?  Does he extend Bauer's IP to get him more reps and confirm his health status?  The Tribe has had a luxury of clinching early and taking it easy these last couple of weeks.  I'm hoping for a better ALDS where our starters are healthy and the bats are awake.  Jose is showing signs of hitting again.  Just need to keep it going in the right direction.  The addition of Donaldson makes this lineup very dangerous.  Not as many holes in it like the years past.  Top 6 can do some damage, and the bottom 3 aren't slouches either.  It was great to see them take 2-3 vs Boston, even with the backups playing one game.

I can almost guarantee you most or all of those games will be late afternoon. Networks are going to jam the Red Sux into the orafice of your choice. <_<  

Indians Playoff Chess: Exploiting an Astros weakness in the ALDS

Pretty good/quick read.  Wasn't aware that the Astros were similar to Pedro Cerrano in that they can't hit the curve.  Good thing 3 of our top 4 SP throw it very effectively, as well as many variations.  It'll be a fun series to watch, that's for sure.

According to Fangraphs weighted pitch values, three of the year’s top sixteen curves in all of baseball belonged to the Cleveland Indians. If not for pitch tracking system’s disagreements about how to classify Carlos Carrasco’s breaking balls, you’d assuredly see his name on this short list, as well. More than 50 percent of your ALDS innings feature powerful and dynamic breaking balls that have the potential to slow down an offense that is historically versatile.
The first time Corey Kluber shuts down Alex Bregman or Jose Altuve with a beautifully placed curve, think back to that iconic scene from Rocky IV. They’re not a machine. They can be cut, and when they do, there will be no holds barred in the ALDS.

ALDS Game 1 is a 2:05pm start time on Friday (Kluber vs Verlander)

ALDS Game 2 is a 4:37pm start time on Saturday (Carrasco vs Cole)

As long as BOS, NYY are involved, this series will always be an afterthought.  Pretty sad when the defending World Series champs aren't the top-billed team in the playoffs.  SMH

They set the roster yet?
Haven't seen anything yet - only the starting rotation for the first 3-4 games.

My assumption:

C: Gomes, Perez
1B: Alonso, Edwin
2B: Jose
SS: Lindor
3B: Donaldson
UtilIF: EGon
OF: Brantley, Allen, Cabrera, Kipnis, Davis, Yandy

SP: Kluber, Carrasco, Clev,
BP: Bauer, Beiber, Allen, Miller, Hand, Perez, Cimber, Otero

I'd rather not see Tomlin on the roster for this series.  Guyer is better against lefties, but HOU has more righties - so he would also sit out this series.  EGon I would only bring in for UtilityIF as needed.  

They set the roster yet?
SP: Kluber, Cookie & Sunshine.

RP: Bauer, Bieber, Otero, Allen, Miller, Cimber, Perez, Hand. 

(NO TOMLIN!!!  :excited: :thumbup: )

C: Gomes and Perez

IF: Lindor, Ramirez, Alonzo, Encarnacion, Donaldson & Diaz. 

OF: Kipnis, Brantley, Allen, Cabrera, and Guyer. 

Last spot is thought to be between Rajai Davis and Erik Gonzalez. 

Hammy just said there's a limited release of extra tickets for games 3 and 4.
Sure...let me just quit my job and pull my kids out of school so we can go watch a ball game!

Hate these playoff start times.  You'd think MLB would have at least split some of the prime time scheduling between the two ALDS matchups.  Tells you what MLB thinks of the smaller markets; it's like it doesn't matter that both HOU and CLE are ALCS winners the last two years.  :no:

Sure...let me just quit my job and pull my kids out of school so we can go watch a ball game!

Hate these playoff start times.  You'd think MLB would have at least split some of the prime time scheduling between the two ALDS matchups.  Tells you what MLB thinks of the smaller markets; it's like it doesn't matter that both HOU and CLE are ALCS winners the last two years.  :no:
As well as having 7 of the top 10 pitchers starting in this series.

It's embarrassing, but obviously they won't and don't see it that way.   :moneybag: :moneybag:

They could have been REAL creative and started this series yesterday.  I'm sure there are a few scheduling obstacles I'm not aware of, but not enough of them to make this series have all 5 starting times before 5pm eastern.

Jason Kipnis is pretty much swinging at everything at this point. He's this year's Brantley - Tito's gonna ride him regardless. :wall:  

And Ramirez is now going on six weeks with this garden gate in a storm swing.  :wall: :wall:

Rooting maybe a bad word choice. He’s def a little one sided a little too much for my taste.
I just found out my wife is off Monday!

i want to get on TickPick and hit game 3!

see you guys in Cleveland on Monday, ticket has been purchased

Why did they use Bauer in relief while losing as he has been their best starter..not like his arm was hurt. Down 2-0 he has to start next game.

Hey Cleveland guys I need a recommendation on a good place I can park and get an Uber to the stadium. Coming up I-77 Monday am 

Hey Cleveland guys I need a recommendation on a good place I can park and get an Uber to the stadium. Coming up I-77 Monday am 
I-77 north of I-480 isn't my specialty.  Can probably just get off at Rockside Road and easily find a hotel/shopping/restaurant lot to grab the uber.  Zoom in on the map and you'll see what I mean.

I-77 north of I-480 isn't my specialty.  Can probably just get off at Rockside Road and easily find a hotel/shopping/restaurant lot to grab the uber.  Zoom in on the map and you'll see what I mean.
Thanks a lot! You helped me out a lot in May when I came up. 

I just looked up Eckersley on wiki. 

He pitched for Cleveland 1975-77.

No ties that I know of to Houston. 

Why would his rooting interest be for Houston???

I just looked up Eckersley on wiki. 

He pitched for Cleveland 1975-77.

No ties that I know of to Houston. 

Why would his rooting interest be for Houston???
Rick Manning was banging Eck's wife (and later married her) which led to his being traded to Boston.  The Indians 'had' to get rid of one of them and they chose Eckersley. Maybe he's still upset about that situation 40 years later  :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread