What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Explosions in Manchester? (1 Viewer)

And so now people are advocating that we kill 8 years olds as a pre-emptive strike against a potential future terrorist?

Unbelievable. I am hoping this is trolling but sadly I think it isn't.
Is that really a surprise. People are advocating we should do a pre-emptive nuclear strike against a potential future nuclear strike.

For those who have said that the Muslim community is to blame for these types of attacks by not being vigilant enough or policing their own:

Sabrina Siddiqui‏Verified account @SabrinaSiddiqui May 25

Manchester bomber was banned from mosque and reported by community multiple times. Authorities didn't act.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/24/security-services-missed-five-opportunities-stop-manchester/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Nobody smart is blaming the Muslim community for all of the attacks, although the majority of the terrorist are radical Islam.  It only makes sense to ban any refugees from Syria from entering the United States to protect our homeland.  

Think of it this way, if you had a big jar of jelly beans and 5 of the 5000 jelly beans were poisonous and would kill you instantly the moment you ate it would you risk eating one?  Of course not.

Nobody smart is blaming the Muslim community for all of the attacks, although the majority of the terrorist are radical Islam.  It only makes sense to ban any refugees from Syria from entering the United States to protect our homeland.  

Think of it this way, if you had a big jar of jelly beans and 5 of the 5000 jelly beans were poisonous and would kill you instantly the moment you ate it would you risk eating one?  Of course not.
Ah, the jellybean analogy. Thanks again, Donald Trump Jr. 

The problem with this analogy is that there is no record of ANY Syrian refugees committing acts of terrorism. Not 5, as in your analogy: zero. 

The problem with this analogy is that there is no record of ANY Syrian refugees committing acts of terrorism. Not 5, as in your analogy: zero. 
And of course the analogy falls apart because you are also much more likely to get killed by a born and bred white guy than a syrian refugee.  

And so now people are advocating that we kill 8 years olds as a pre-emptive strike against a potential future terrorist?

Unbelievable. I am hoping this is trolling but sadly I think it isn't.
Don't forget that it was Donald Trump, campaigning for President, who openly advocated that we target and kill the families of terrorists. 

Probably the dumbest analogy given during the campaign, and the source not surprising - the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

And this guy was born in Manchester. The Riverside terrorist was born in that city. The Orlando Pulse shooter was born in Brooklyn NY. None of those terrorist attacks would have been stopped with an immigration ban from any country.

Probably the dumbest analogy given during the campaign, and the source not surprising - the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

And this guy was born in Manchester. The Riverside terrorist was born in that city. The Orlando Pulse shooter was born in Brooklyn NY. None of those terrorist attacks would have been stopped with an immigration ban from any country.
It is a great analagy.  I am worried about future attacks and if you are not you are not very intelligent.   

It is a great analogy.  I am worried about future attacks and if you are not you are not very intelligent.   
You would think so. Interesting you question other people's intelligence but have yet to respond to Tim's comment that the problem with this analogy is that there is no record of ANY Syrian refugees committing acts of terrorism

And again how would something like a ban of this nature have prevented the Manchester bombing, the Riverside terrorist attack or the Orlando Pulse nightclub massacre? Even a complete Muslim ban from all other countries, assuming it wasn't un-constitutional, would not prevent attacks from home grown terrorists.

Early 1998 and a bright young boat salesman with a keen interest in fantasy football turns to his fellow hobbyist who has teamed up with him to birth into the world a website devoted to their craft which will leave their competition in the dust with the advent of a message board, devoted to the sharpest fantasy football minds in the land.

Joe Bryant to David Dodds:  "Do we have a name yet for this....what is it again, a message board?"
Dodds:  "That's right, it's a message board where anybody with an internet connection can access it, create a username and post their thoughts, reply to other people's posts and share what they know about football.  I haven't thought of a name yet, but I've been asking several of my fantasy football league mates for help.  This one really bright lawyer out of Cali with a funny name seems to think we should call it 'The Shark's Board' because in fantasy football parlance, a good player is referred to as a shark.
Bryant:  "A Shark Board?  What the hell does a shark have to do with a board? Wouldn't a shark prefer a body of water, like an ocean or a sea or hell, even a pool?
Dodds:  "Shark Pool...I like that, Joe.  Let's go with that!"
Bryant:  "Know what else would be great?  Another message board totally unrelated to football.  Call it 'The Anything Goes' board and people can post about poop and farts and hot girls and how fast they can eat a corn dog.  It'll be a riot!"
Dodds:  "You mean like a free for all?"
Bryant:  "YES!  EUREKA, THAT'S IT!!!  Think how funny it will be to read all the musings of strangers and their stories.  It'll be ratings gold, we'll have sponsors lining up at the door to take part of this.  What could possibly go wrong with this?"

2001 and the Free For All is everything Bryant and Dodds envisioned.  Threads about pooping rule the day, humorous anecdotes pop up like wildflowers after a rainstorm, vibrant discussions about which pop-star is hotter, Britney Spears or Jessica Simpson dominate the afternoons.  It was the halcyon days of message board glory, nothing could derail the fun.

2017:  "We should probably start murdering kids to prevent terrorism".

/Scene

Early 1998 and a bright young boat salesman with a keen interest in fantasy football turns to his fellow hobbyist who has teamed up with him to birth into the world a website devoted to their craft which will leave their competition in the dust with the advent of a message board, devoted to the sharpest fantasy football minds in the land.

Joe Bryant to David Dodds:  "Do we have a name yet for this....what is it again, a message board?"
Dodds:  "That's right, it's a message board where anybody with an internet connection can access it, create a username and post their thoughts, reply to other people's posts and share what they know about football.  I haven't thought of a name yet, but I've been asking several of my fantasy football league mates for help.  This one really bright lawyer out of Cali with a funny name seems to think we should call it 'The Shark's Board' because in fantasy football parlance, a good player is referred to as a shark.
Bryant:  "A Shark Board?  What the hell does a shark have to do with a board? Wouldn't a shark prefer a body of water, like an ocean or a sea or hell, even a pool?
Bryant:  "Know what else would be great?  Another message board totally unrelated to football.  Call it 'The Anything Goes' board and people can post about poop and farts and hot girls and how fast they can eat a corn dog.  It'll be a riot!"
Bryant:  "YES!  EUREKA, THAT'S IT!!!  Think how funny it will be to read all the musings of strangers and their stories.  It'll be ratings gold, we'll have sponsors lining up at the door to take part of this.  What could possibly go wrong with this?"

2001 and the Free For All is everything Bryant and Dodds envisioned.  Threads about pooping rule the day, humorous anecdotes pop up like wildflowers after a rainstorm, vibrant discussions about which pop-star is hotter, Britney Spears or Jessica Simpson dominate the afternoons.  It was the halcyon days of message board glory, nothing could derail the fun.

/Scene
Not sure who is advocating murdering children to prevent terrorism but I enjoyed your story!

/Scene
pin it.

/Scene
:standingovation:

You would think so. Interesting you question other people's intelligence but have yet to respond to Tim's comment that the problem with this analogy is that there is no record of ANY Syrian refugees committing acts of terrorism
How many have been arrested before getting the chance?

1 hour ago, squistion said:

How many have been arrested before getting the chance?
I have no idea - can you provide a link with the exact numbers? :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea - can you provide a link with the exact numbers? :popcorn:
I have no idea but wouldn't be surprised if it was a big number. Same for making watch lists. 

That's why guys like you and Tim will always be wrong on this topic. You guys would rather have a body count than getting more pro active/aggressive. 

I have no idea but wouldn't be surprised if it was a big number. Same for making watch lists. 

That's why guys like you and Tim will always be wrong on this topic. You guys would rather have a body count than getting more pro active/aggressive. 
Where is this outrage when it comes to school shootings and kids are murdered by terrorists who have easy access to assault rifles?  Why is there only a call for more aggressive action when the terrorists are using bombs and have darker skin than and stranger names?  Seems like gun control would be an aggressive action we could take to prevent more child deaths by terrorists, but I don't see you calling for any aggressive action like that.

Where is this outrage when it comes to school shootings and kids are murdered by terrorists who have easy access to assault rifles?  Why is there only a call for more aggressive action when the terrorists are using bombs and have darker skin than and stranger names?  Seems like gun control would be an aggressive action we could take to prevent more child deaths by terrorists, but I don't see you calling for any aggressive action like that.
Always has to be about skin color, eh?

smfh

As I suspected, you don't have any examples to cite or you would have. If a terrorist plot among Syrian refugees had been broken up, I suspect the anti-Muslim immigration folks would have made a big deal of it and a link would have been pretty easy to find.

Always has to be about skin color, eh?

smfh
Sorry, you want white anglo saxons on these watch lists too?  I must have missed that in this thread.  Or any thread where the tough on terror termagants have called for MOAR action.

Maybe if Dylan Roof had been put on a list, he wouldn't have had access to the guns he used to murder people in his act of terrorism.  Oh wait, he was on a list....NM.

Sorry, you want white anglo saxons on these watch lists too?  I must have missed that in this thread.  Or any thread where the tough on terror termagants have called for MOAR action.

Maybe if Dylan Roof had been put on a list, he wouldn't have had access to the guns he used to murder people in his act of terrorism.  Oh wait, he was on a list....NM.
I don't remember saying only people of a certain color should be in a watch list.

I don't care if they're purple, if they're on a terror list they're on it for a reason. If they're on a terror list and decide to take a trip to Syria or Libya or other countries that are known to train terrorists they can stay there imo

Here is a hypothetical for the following crowd.  An 8 year old kid has a terrorist father in is in training to be a suicide bomber.  There is a 50/50 chance that he does it one day and kills 20 people.  Would you kill him now?
No.  But our drone policy in certain nations is not exactly dissimilar to this.

The body count from people killing in the name of Islam is a lot higher.  Hope that helps.

Another uplifting news story from today:

CAIRO (AP) — Masked militants riding in three SUVs opened fire Friday on a bus packed with Coptic Christians, including many children, south of the Egyptian capital, killing at least 28 and wounding 25, the Interior Ministry said.

Let's all keep our heads in the sand like ostriches.

So, to recap, we've been 100% effective at preventing terrorist attacks from this demographic due to our current vetting and intelligence procedures?

The whole "stripping people of citizenship for being on the watch list" is a fascinating turn of events for a side of the aisle that doesn't want to allow us to infringe on the Second Amendment with a watch list.

The whole "stripping people of citizenship for being on the watch list" is a fascinating turn of events for a side of the aisle that doesn't want to allow us to infringe on the Second Amendment with a watch list.
Which side of the aisle am I on?

And , what's this now about a 2nd amendment watch list?

That's what I was trying to say only lack the verbal acuity that you possess.  

News flash big mouth, I agree with everything you wrote. 

Which side of the aisle am I on?

And , what's this now about a 2nd amendment watch list?
There was a push last year to end gun sales to people on the terrorism watch list by Democrats.  Republicans shot it down saying the watch list would be used as a tool to strip people of weapons.

Now this thread is talking about using it to strip citizenship.

You really going to play this dumb?  

There was a push last year to end gun sales to people on the terrorism watch list by Democrats.  Republicans shot it down saying the watch list would be used as a tool to strip people of weapons.

Now this thread is talking about using it to strip citizenship.
Never heard of it. With only the details that you just posted it sounds like a good idea to me

So, to recap, we've been 100% effective at preventing terrorist attacks from this demographic due to our current vetting and intelligence procedures?
At what time period are you able to say it's been effective?  After 30 days, 5 years, after their kids are all 25 and older?  Many of the terrorism cases in the west have been the children of immigrants and were born there,  Abedi is just one example.  I'd say that at this point Great Britain failed with respect to the Abedi family, whether the dad blew the place up or whether his son did, the body count is still the same.

I'm trying to recall if I've been subjected a more offensive insult during my time here in the FFA. I can't think of one. Because I try not to think ill of anyone, I will ask you politely if you want to retract this statement or explain it in such a way that it did not mean what I think it means. 
#### no I won't retract it. You prove it every time this subject comes up. You've basically admitted to having to put up with the rapes and murders by illegals for the greater good. Are you willing to start dealing harshly with everyone on a terror list?  More aggressive profiling?  Travel ban with much stricter vetting?  Until you're ready to go that in, expect these kinds of accusations. 

Users who are viewing this thread