What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*--* 2014 Seattle Seahawks Thread *--* (1 Viewer)

I think the more interesting voting block was in Spokane. That was a statewide ballot, and the folks on the other side of the mountains had a huge impact on that vote. The Spokane/Cheney vote was suckered in by taking training camp back to Eastern WA Univ. I used to hit training camp over there every year. Shortly after the vote Seahawks announced plans to build the VMAC and permanently moved training camp to their new home. Folks in Spokane got screwed. I don't know the numbers, but I would guess that they got A LOT more votes from the people in Spokane than they got from soccer fans.

I've been a Seahawks fan since 1979. Can't think of a more enjoyable win sans the Super Bowl last year in franchise history, maybe the road win in Miami in 1983 comes close. I'm so happy, and I'm pretty hard to please as far as being a sports fan. They had no business winning that game, so awesome. :banned: :hifive:

some guy said you guys were going to be trolling us pats fans for the next 2 weeks

is that true, and are there actually any seattle fans posting on this board besides scientist?

I've been a Seahawks fan since 1979. Can't think of a more enjoyable win sans the Super Bowl last year in franchise history, maybe the road win in Miami in 1983 comes close. I'm so happy, and I'm pretty hard to please as far as being a sports fan. They had no business winning that game, so awesome. :banned: :hifive:
:hifive:

some guy said you guys were going to be trolling us pats fans for the next 2 weeks

is that true, and are there actually any seattle fans posting on this board besides scientist?
The vast majority of us are humble and reflective. ITS is an embarrassment, and I say so repeatedly.

that was a pretty amazing game -- still can't believe it

this might be a professional league, but seattle is one of a handful of pro teams in the league.

ITS knows his #### and he was very respectful after the game today. Sure he has his moments of ridiculousness, but we all do. :2cents:

Was watching "A Football Life" with Bill Walsh. Had no idea the Seahawks passed him over (as did many teams like the Packers, Jets, and Rams) as the franchises first coach. Nothing against Jack Patera, who somehow squeezed nine wins out of the team in their 3rd and 4th years, but Walsh would have been interesting.

ITS knows his #### and he was very respectful after the game today. Sure he has his moments of ridiculousness, but we all do. :2cents:
"Moments"? It is more like he has moments of respectfulness in between being a complete jackass most of the time.

You can take that to the bank, brohans.

"Moments"? It is more like he has moments of respectfulness in between being a complete jackass most of the time.

I've really come to respect your opinions. We don't agree too often and after the 2012 game the tensions were high between the two fan bases, but you have really shown well in my eyes as a knowledgeable fan of the game.

Having said that, how the #### do you let ITS get into your head so much? It blows my mind as I see his antics as something you are too smart to fall for.

I've really come to respect your opinions. We don't agree too often and after the 2012 game the tensions were high between the two fan bases, but you have really shown well in my eyes as a knowledgeable fan of the game.

Having said that, how the #### do you let ITS get into your head so much? It blows my mind as I see his antics as something you are too smart to fall for.
It seems like Hawks fans on here are always defending ITS (in a passive manner). Several Hawks fans claim to have ITS on ignore but they will always throw out the "he's in your head" card. He may be knowledgeable (and I actually do respect his football knowledge) but he's also the biggest troll/homer on this site. How could you possibly have an issue with a Packers fan ripping on ITS?

ETA -- He's really not a reflection of your fanbase. We all know he's just an idiot. Every fanbase has one. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
fred_1_15301 said:
It seems like Hawks fans on here are always defending ITS (in a passive manner).
That's not true. I consistently let the world know I disapprove of ITS. Of the multiple times I've interacted with him or commented on him I've spoke my mind (with one exception when I said he wasn't as bad recently).

Several Hawks fans claim to have ITS on ignore but they will always throw out the "he's in your head" card.
Again, you're making stuff up. I'm likely the only one that has said he has ITS on ignore. Just me, and I never said "he's in your head". There very few Seattle fans here.

He's really not a reflection of your fanbase. We all know he's just an idiot. Every fanbase has one. :shrug:
Glad we agree here.

I figured they were gonna target some type of receiver, I thought Jeremy Maclin not Jimmy Graham.

Trading Unger is tough, he's the goods...but he's also had a lot of injuries over his career including the concussion issue. Not saying he's not a guy you love to have, just that there is quite a bit of downside with him.

Trading a first rounder always sucks but there aren't many impact players on offense you can get on offense for this price. I like it quite a bit.

It seems like Hawks fans on here are always defending ITS (in a passive manner).
That's not true. I consistently let the world know I disapprove of ITS. Of the multiple times I've interacted with him or commented on him I've spoke my mind (with one exception when I said he wasn't as bad recently).

Several Hawks fans claim to have ITS on ignore but they will always throw out the "he's in your head" card.
Again, you're making stuff up. I'm likely the only one that has said he has ITS on ignore. Just me, and I never said "he's in your head". There very few Seattle fans here.

He's really not a reflection of your fanbase. We all know he's just an idiot. Every fanbase has one. :shrug:
Glad we agree here.
Heh. I know who said that. But I like that particular poster, so what the heck.

Ryan Bosewater @Ryan_Boser · 1h 1 hour ago

Clayton just now on ESPN 710: I think it's Indy or Seattle for Andre Johnson.

===============

ESPN Stats & Info @ESPNStatsInfo · 3h 3 hours ago

Jimmy Graham has been thrown to 9 times on plays that began at the opposing 1-yard line. 8 of those were caught for touchdowns

Like the Graham trade. If they can get AJ then they just draft all OL and a DB or 2 in the draft and hope you hit on a few.

Think AJ goes to Indy though.

Love John Schneider, guy is a stud.

An interesting stat I heard today regarding Graham not being able to put up elite numbers in Seattle's offense: Tony Romo actually threw 20 fewer passes last season than Russell Wilson, and Dez still managed 1300+ and 16 TDs.

I'd say Graham helps this team more than people are even realizing. Seattle was 9th in the NFL in red zone trips last season at 3.7 per game, but they were 20th in the NFL at converting those trips to TDs. Dallas on the other hand only had 3.2 trips per game, but were 2nd in the NFL in converting those to TDs. Having an elite red zone target in Dez undoubtedly contributed to that, and Graham is right up there with Dez in that category. Seattle has not had a problem making yards, but more of an issue gaining them when there is less field to work with inside the 20. Graham should not only help the team make more trips to the red zone, but also be a HUGE part in getting them more points once they reach it.

Users who are viewing this thread